• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

What David Lee Roth Could've Taught Steven Tyler

On August 07, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Best wishes on a speedy recovery to Mr. Steven Tyler, who had to be airlifted to a Rapid City, S.D., hospital Wednesday night after falling off the stage and injuring his head, neck, and shoulder. According to today's Times, the accident happened while the 61-year-old Aerosmith singer was "entertaining the crowd of thousands at the Buffalo Chip Campground with his moves after the sound system broke during the song 'Love in an Elevator.'" (I suppose this would be an opportune place for a Spinal Tap reference, but really, what's the point?)

In any case, the news reminded me of another recent piece of live-rock media that's well worth ingesting:

Full article
    What David Lee Roth Could've Taught Steven Tyler: The GQ Eye: GQ
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

This is a hoot.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Tyler could have taught Dave to never think you were bigger than your best gig...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Ha! The brown M&Ms story is still alive & kickin' bottom.

One of the best moves ever. Dave Lee ain't just about the fun... he's got something between his ears as well.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          Tyler could have taught Dave to never think you were bigger than your best gig...

How would Tyler have knowledge of this?

If anything Dave has advice for Tyler. Although I'm sure Tyler will be just fine-
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...