X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's pretty sick if you think about it.

The health care companies pay the politicians to do what they want and then pass the bill on to the US people. All these millions being used to pay off the politicians is money that's come from your premiums.

The premiums will now go up to cover all the increased lobbying over the last year.

Game set and match!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

While I am certain our healthcare system sucks fucking ass (Americans pay twice as much for healthcare as any other country on Earth), I think the idiot that came up with the notion that people who do not sign up for health insurance should be jailed should be shot.

Did the cocksuckers that came up with that idea grow up in Communist-era Soviet Union?

IF such a thing becomes law, that is almost enough to make me shut off my health insurance, then proclaim publicly that I refuse to pay for insurance, just so the fuckasses will arrest me.

I predict someone will do that (again, if it becomes law), and upon having their day in court, I would bet that part of the law would be found unconstitutional somehow.

You CANNOT FORCE someone to buy health insurance if they do not want it!

PERIOD! END OF FUCKING STORY!

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Unreal....

Insurance companies win again.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          While I am certain our healthcare system sucks fucking ass (Americans pay twice as much for healthcare as any other country on Earth), I think the idiot that came up with the notion that people who do not sign up for health insurance should be jailed should be shot.
          I agree.

They could only get the insurance corporation owned votes by wetting their beaks with this compulsory bullshit.

No one would ever come up with this system from scratch.

The sensible obvious option would be to extend medicare to everyone and if people wanted something better they would be free to keep their insurance but the people that own your politicians can't allow that to happen.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

With a public option for people who can't afford one of the plans, why wouldn't someone sign up?

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There is no real public option in the house bill. Jellyfish Pelosi and Steny WHORE let them strip it out. Instead, they have some weak piece of shit (probably controlled by the insurance nazis, so it's not even public) that maybe 2% of the uninsured MIGHT be able to get around 2015 or so.

And the Senate bill is even worse. The House bill was supposed to be the better of the two.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Sesh...

The voice of reason...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

The sensible obvious option would be to extend medicare to everyone and if people wanted something better they would be free to keep their insurance but the people that own your politicians can't allow that to happen.
                  Dennis Kucinich floated that idea years ago...

Medicare Part E [everyone]

It's a no-brainer, which means even ELVIS should understand the merits....
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Looking at his Wikki page Kucinich looks as though he's been right about a lot of stuff.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

It cracks me up that people think the US Government can actually provide decent healthcare. The US Government is broke thanks to the Federal Reserve enabling the politicians to spend, spend, spend. The rich bankers get bailed out and the working class gets screwed. They have outsourced the real production economy and have used monitary manipulation to keep the financial economy going. The US could get real sloppy due to the dollar being the world's reserve currency but that game is up. The rest of the world no longer trusts the dollar.

Once that gig is up the US government can't provide shit including healthcare. Meanwhile the bankers who fucked us Bernie Madoff style want a marxist styled government because once they steal all the real assets that's what they historically bring in. I trust healthcare from the US government as much as I trust it from some Bannana Republic dictator.

What's the next scheme? We are going to buy a GM car?
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Most Americans are owned by the bank. Their homes are owned by the bank. Their cars are owned by the bank. They owe on credit cards big time. The banks also own the government now and they own where most people work. Get it? Now the paper money that empowers the banks is becoming worthless and they are losing their paper power. They know this so now they have to grab REAL power. Political power. Which it doesn't matter if the state owns everything Marxists style because as long as they are in control who gives a fuck? One reason China has always given David Rockefeller a hard on. As George Carlin pointed out. We have owners. They own our ass. Unless you have equity, you don't have shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

So actually none of the good sounding legislation is going to do a thing for you. Your healthcare costs won't change but it empowers the government to come after you if you don't play their game. So actually you lose freedom of choice based on a false promise. You doctor loses the freedom to provide free healthcare out of the goodness of his heart because that will be against the law. You will be forced to pay for your healthcare on their terms or go to jail. Nice. I can't believe people want this shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            There is no real public option in the house bill. Jellyfish Pelosi and Steny WHORE let them strip it out. Instead, they have some weak piece of shit (probably controlled by the insurance nazis, so it's not even public) that maybe 2% of the uninsured MIGHT be able to get around 2015 or so.

And the Senate bill is even worse. The House bill was supposed to be the better of the two.
                            I'm glad you see the truth. These people can't be trusted. Of course the current pricing in the system is obscene but is consolidating control of it over to a bunch of crooks the answer? Basically the economy is shot, the dollar is doomed, and all we have left is our Constitutional Rights. We sell those out in these desperate times we have NOTHING. We need to turn on the bankers, run them out, arrest them for fraud, and take our government back. Then we can work on the long process of rebuilding the US economy but if we get duped by these assholes, we lose EVERYTHING.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

When Obama talked in Montana about healthcare he actually said the insurance companies were all for it. What popped into my head is the guy just showed us his hand. I mean Obama or Pelosi are both such lying corporate whores. They will thank you for your vote by stabbing you in the back. With Obama we are getting McCain styled foreign policy and forced big pharma/big insurance health care. It's actually the biggest Republican nightmare a real "for the people" Democrat could think of.

Comment

• Big Train
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Interview with the President: Jail Time for Those without Health Care Insurance? - Political Punch

I mean wow...no hesitation on the "everyone has to buy ins" BS...

During an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper today, President Obama said that penalties are appropriate for people who try to “free ride” the health care system but stopped short of endorsing the threat of jail time for those who refuse to pay a fine for not having insurance.

“What I think is appropriate is that in the same way that everybody has to get auto insurance and if you don't, you're subject to some penalty, that in this situation, if you have the ability to buy insurance, it's affordable and you choose not to do so, forcing you and me and everybody else to subsidize you, you know, there's a thousand dollar hidden tax that families all across America are -- are burdened by because of the fact that people don't have health insurance, you know, there's nothing wrong with a penalty.”

Under the House bill those who can afford to buy insurance and don’t’ pay a fine. If the refuse to pay that fine there’s a threat – as with a lot of tax fines – of jail time. The Senate removed that provision in the Senate Finance Committee.

Mr. Obama said penalties have to be high enough for people to not game the system, but it’s also important to not be “so punitive” that people who are having a hard time find themselves suddenly worse off, thus why hardship exemptions have been built in the legislation.

“I think the general broad principle is simply that people who are paying for their health insurance aren't subsidizing folks who simply choose not to until they get sick and then suddenly they expect free health insurance. That's -- that's basic concept of responsibility that I think most Americans abide by,” Mr. Obama said, “penalties are appropriate for people who try to free ride the system and force others to pay for their health insurance.”

The President said that he didn’t think the question over the appropriateness of possible jail time is the “biggest question” the House and Senate are facing right now.

Comment

Working...