Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Bush warns of threats to freedom

November 13, 2009

Former President George W. Bush, outlining plans for a new public policy institute, on Thursday said America must fight the temptation to allow the federal government to take control of the private sector, declaring that too much government intervention will squelch economic recovery and expansion.

With the Obama administration establishing far-reaching controls in the auto, real estate and financial sectors, Mr. Bush said that "the role of government is not to create wealth, but to create the conditions that allow entrepreneurs and innovators to thrive."

"As the world recovers, we will face a temptation to replace the risk-and-reward model of the private sector with the blunt instruments of government spending and control. History shows that the greater threat to prosperity is not too little government involvement, but too much," said Mr. Bush, who has remained largely out of the limelight since leaving office and rarely criticizes his successor.

Delivering a speech on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, future home to the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the former president sought to explain his decision to have the federal government intervene at the beginning of the economic downturn last fall.

"I believe in the power of the free enterprise system, which made the decision I faced last fall one of the most difficult of my presidency. I went against my free market instincts and approved a temporary government intervention to unfreeze credit and prevent a global financial catastrophe," he said.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chimpy warning about threats to freedom is like the Archbishop of Boston warning about pedophilia.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Our threat to freedom is over now that he is gone.....This man has no right to say anything about the economy, freedom and the world in large. It's like taking weight loss advice from a fat person.
    Last edited by kwame k; 11-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dubya is now doing speaking tours?

Yeah that's right George play to your strengths...

©Frankie Boyle 2007

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What an asshole. Him and his father did more to sell America out than anyone I can think of. Daddy Bush supported NAFTA and the outsourcing of our production economy. W. Bush flanked our constitutional right of due process and habius corpus with The Patriot Act. Then he saddled the American public with a huge debt burdon with the Banker's Bailout which began under his watch and Obama later finished.

The Bush family make Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson, and Nixon look better in comparison.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Personally I would like to send Bush to Gitmo on charges of treason against the US Constitution and war crimes. Give him a taste of his own medicine. He has done more damage to the country than the terrorists have not to mention the damage done overseas.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    "I believe in the power of the free enterprise system, which made the decision I faced last fall one of the most difficult of my presidency. I went against my free market instincts and approved a temporary government intervention to unfreeze credit and prevent a global financial catastrophe," he said.
    Unilateral government intervention in the sovereign nation of Iraq, however, was just fine with him.

Also loved the reference to the George W. Bush Presidential Center, which, fittingly, will be located at a university with a religious affiliation.

Can't wait to see this "new public policy institute" that he's putting together. I bet it will be made of tinkertoys.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The Bush family make Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson, and Nixon look better in comparison.

Actually, Nixon was a member of the BCE his entire political career........

..even wore the same hats as old Nazi Prescott.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah. I always wondered where Hitler got the money to build up his war machine. The British and American banking elite gave the fucker the financing unleashing a monster that came close to doing England in. Now they play the same stupid game in a world with nuclear weapons and maybe worse technology we don't know about. Sometimes I feel our technology has gone past the point of where our ethics are to handle it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My uncle worked for at the Los Alamos Laboratory his whole adult life after graduating in the top 1% of his class at MIT. We had dinner with him not to long ago and he told me the military's technology is about 50 years ahead of what the civilian world has. He also said the security is the worse he has ever seen. We are just basically giving our technology to China and he says powers that be in the government seem to want this to happen. He's also worried about inflation.

Cmama Baby....Bottoms up!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't know what to laugh at more. The fact that he was giving advice on how to run the economy or the fact that people PAID him to give a speech in the first place. BOTH deserve Douche BOX awards.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Our threat to freedom is over now that he is gone.....This man has no right to say anything about the economy, freedom and the world in large. It's like taking weight loss advice from a fat person.
    nah, he's got the right to say what he wants, he just can't fuck things up any more. beyond voting in the general elections, that is.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i totally agree with president bush that the government should generally create the conditions for the private sector to create wealth.

though...how was the job growth from 2000-2007? answer: pretty much flat.

fair to completely blame bush? maybe not. but all the same, i'm not exactly sure he knows what makes a good economy...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    November 13, 2009

Former President George W. Bush, outlining plans for a new public policy institute, on Thursday said America must fight the temptation to allow the federal government to take control of the private sector, declaring that too much government intervention will squelch economic recovery and expansion.

With the Obama administration establishing far-reaching controls in the auto, real estate and financial sectors, Mr. Bush said that "the role of government is not to create wealth, but to create the conditions that allow entrepreneurs and innovators to thrive."

"As the world recovers, we will face a temptation to replace the risk-and-reward model of the private sector with the blunt instruments of government spending and control. History shows that the greater threat to prosperity is not too little government involvement, but too much," said Mr. Bush, who has remained largely out of the limelight since leaving office and rarely criticizes his successor.

Delivering a speech on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, future home to the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the former president sought to explain his decision to have the federal government intervene at the beginning of the economic downturn last fall.

struggling to find his credibility to make these statements...
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    It's like taking weight loss advice from a fat person.
    And fat people in America have the freedom to give that advice.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Thread Information