Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Aerosmith: Perry Announces Search For New Singer!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayLA View Post
    AeroSammy would suck balls!
    Hehe. Found this snippet online with a list of potential replacement singers.

Sammy Hagar

"Few things are worse than the music of Aerosmith. The music of Sammy Hagar is one of them. It's a scientifically proven fact that no band has ever improved after the addition of Sammy Hagar. A swift high-pitched hhhHHHheyyyyy-a! is it all takes for Hagar to effectively lop the balls off any rock band. Perhaps that's what it'll take for the world to see what a wimpy-ass band Aerosmith truly are at their core. Also, he'll make them look young."

Aerosmith in Crisis: Who Will Replace Steven Tyler? - Nashville Music - Nashville Scene - Nashville Cream
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 4 users say thank you to sadaist for this KICKASS post:

binnie (02-07-2010),Coyote (02-09-2010),FORD (02-08-2010),PETE'S BROTHER (02-08-2010)

Banned
    Easy day was yesterday.

Member No
    Last Online
    03-21-2018 @ 02:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    $

Pure and simple.

Joe Perry solo, as good as it might be musically, won't garner but a fraction of Aerosmith. Not in album sales or ticket sales.
    Yeah, that's true. But like this guy doesn't have enough money??
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"Kick his ass Seabass.."
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    And 4/5ths of Aerosmith with a questionable singer in place of Tyler will? The plan holds water like a cheese grater. The whole thing reminds me of that period during the eighties when Mick and Keith were dueling in the press, and at one point it was rumored that the Stones would be touring with Roger Daltrey supplying the vocals. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed then, and hopefully will do so as well here.
    I remember that and Keith saying it would be big improvement.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Joe Perry's ever changing summary of events just took another twist...apparently he recently told some European press that Steven "isn't quitting the band, nor is he being fired"...and that "We're not daft enough to think that we can replace him after 40 years" or some such thing...and that "Steven may be gone for up to 2 years, but I think it'll be shorter than that...we may only end up doing 10 shows with another singer"...

The whole thing's over at Blabbermouth for the reading...all in all, it ends up to being an ongoing publicity stunt, I think, one which I'm sure Tyler's completely involved in.

LAME.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LEFTY View Post
    lenny kravitz? whos he?
    The troll act is getting old. You're a stupid fucking alias on top of that...they broke the mold after 3LR, so just quit trying.

7. 3 users say thank you to bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

Dan (02-07-2010),Diamondjimi (02-08-2010),Terry (02-08-2010)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    And 4/5ths of Aerosmith with a questionable singer in place of Tyler will? The plan holds water like a cheese grater. The whole thing reminds me of that period during the eighties when Mick and Keith were dueling in the press, and at one point it was rumored that the Stones would be touring with Roger Daltrey supplying the vocals. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed then, and hopefully will do so as well here.
    Agreed, but what's in a name?

Quite a bit.

4/5ths of Aerosmith, even a Tylerless Aerosmith, by name brand recognition alone I think would tend to outdraw the same 4/5ths of a Tylerless Aerosmith that toured under the name "The Joe Perry Project".

The difference is made up in the number of casual fan attendees who just wanna go see "Aerosmith"...I'm convinced that more and more of these types of people are the ones filling the seats at gigs these days.

Much the same would apply to Tyler ditching the rest of the band and going out on his own under the name Aerosmith. It's the same name factor that keeps a substantial amount of non-diehards going to see KISS concerts year after year; they don't really give too much of a shit about who is in the band, long as the name is in place.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    all in all, it ends up to being an ongoing publicity stunt, I think, one which I'm sure Tyler's completely involved in.

LAME.

No doubt. You think we would have a popular thread about Aerosmith right now if it weren't for this drama? Since their music can't get them any publicity anymore, they're angling for anything.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed, but what's in a name?

Quite a bit.

\.
    Pink Floyd comes to mind. David Gilmour did good business as Pink Floyd while Roger Waters solo, not so much.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Tom Jones For Aerosmith? Don’t Rule It Out
    mdome / News / 08/02/2010 12:03pm

Joe Perry has told Classic Rock that one name Aerosmith might consider as a stand-in for Steven Tyler is… Tom Jones!

Says Perry: “He’s got a great set of pipes, so why not? I’ve played with him before, and know he could bring something extra to the band. We haven’t approached him yet, but if he were interested that would be great. Imagine the interest Tom would generate.”

The Welsh warbler was, of course, amusingly linked with the vacant Black Sabbath job nearly 25 years ago. In fact, it was an April Fool’s joke by Kerrang! magazine in 1984.

Perry now insists that, whoever the band bring in, this will be on a temporary basis, while Tyler pursues other activities. But, as soon as Tyler’s ready to return it will be business as usual for Aerosmith.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayLA View Post
    Pink Floyd comes to mind. David Gilmour did good business as Pink Floyd while Roger Waters solo, not so much.
    Exactly. That's why the legal knives were sharpened up a few years after The Final Cut was released and Waters wanted to pursue a solo career. Gilmour knew damn well what the Pink Floyd name was worth. Same goes for Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath, etc.

Tend to agree with others that the longer this current Aerosmith biz goes on, the more it comes across as a lame attempt by Perry and Tyler to generate interest in an old band that has little new to offer musically.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack68 View Post
    That's funny, because I remember Keith saying it was bullshit, because there's no way he could stand listening to Daltrey's voice for 2 hours every night.

And that's when Daltrey actually could sing!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack68 View Post

Believe this or not but I fully remember back around '87-'88 during the height of the feud between Mick and Spleef, Keith came on MTV and said he wanted Terence Trent D'Arby. No joke cos I remeber being absolutely floored going WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

And I even liked his song "Wishing Well" at the time.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

And that's when Daltrey actually could sing!
    He doesn't sound too bad for being 65 years old. I thought he and Pete rocked during the game last night. It was nice to have a real rock show opposed to titney and Aerosmith, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunctions. IMO

As I told DG, I tripped out thinking it's been 20 years now since I saw The Who on their 25th aniversary tour!!!

Crezziness!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Exactly. That's why the legal knives were sharpened up a few years after The Final Cut was released and Waters wanted to pursue a solo career. Gilmour knew damn well what the Pink Floyd name was worth.
    Yeah, because when Gilmour and Nick Mason released their first post-breakup album under their own names, it tanked. That album has been disappeared from history as if it never existed. It was every bit as much of a "Pink Floyd" album as "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" or "The Division Bell" were, so I'm surprised they haven't repackaged it as another fake Floyd album.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Pink Floyd without Roger Waters was huge....their albums sold really well and they were playing stadiums.

I never understood the attraction and even though the live shows seemed to played well, it was never Pink Floyd, IMHO.

If Joe Perry and Co think they can just shove someone out there as their front man and go out and rape the masses, I think they'll be disappointed.

Go the safe and easy route and take an orchestra out on tour, "reworking" the classic songs. It'll feed the egos that seem to be starving for attention. Have "guest" singers come out and film it all for pay-per view.

If you're going to be whores might as well go all the way.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think the fake Floyd tours sold well because they put on a Hell of a stage show and played a lot of the old hits, even though they didn't sound quite right with hired guns singing Waters' parts.

In the summer of 1994 I worked for the pyro company that did the fake Floyd show in Vancouver BC. If I had only worked there a couple weeks earlier, I could have scored free tickets & backstage passes. The company was owned by these rednecks who honestly didn't know who "Pink Floyd" was, so they passed on the tickets. Idiots.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Yeah, because when Gilmour and Nick Mason released their first post-breakup album under their own names, it tanked. That album has been disappeared from history as if it never existed. It was every bit as much of a "Pink Floyd" album as "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" or "The Division Bell" were, so I'm surprised they haven't repackaged it as another fake Floyd album.
    Do you mean the Profiles album? If so, that was made by Mason and one of the late in the day members of 10cc (well after Godley and Creme had split) and was attributed to Mason and (Rick) Fenn. It was a mostly instrumental album, and Gilmour only showed up for vocals on one track called "Lie For A Lie" (below).

Those interested can hear the entire album at Youtube, but it really isn't worth the effort.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJvFAyNZegI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJvFAyNZegI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    He doesn't sound too bad for being 65 years old. I thought he and Pete rocked during the game last night. It was nice to have a real rock show opposed to titney and Aerosmith, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunctions. IMO

As I told DG, I tripped out thinking it's been 20 years now since I saw The Who on their 25th aniversary tour!!!

Crezziness!!!
    it's hell getting old ain't it?

21. Thanked PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

MAX (02-09-2010)

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post

If you're going to be whores might as well go all the way.
    That's the problem. They were much better at BUYING whores than being them.......

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Things is, the classic Aerosmith line-up has been touring regualrly for so long there's not really any demand for a sub-par version.

If CVH had toured America every year since 1989, then Sped, Al, Dave and Wolfie would have done fuck all money. But after 25 years, 75% was better than 0

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    That's the problem. They were much better at BUYING whores than being them.......
    Agreed

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed Gilmour's About Face album. Think that came out in 1984 or 1985(?). Somewhere inbetween The Final Cut and Momentary Lapse. It had some decent stuff on it. But it had shit sales. Gilmour learned quickly.

Momentary Lapse was described by Waters as a "clever forgery" and I'd have to agree.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Reunited Aerosmith plots summer European tour

DETROIT (Billboard) – Aerosmith will add more European dates to its summer itinerary to follow up the booking at the Download Festival in England, a spokeswoman said.

Effectively signaling a settling of differences between rehab-prone frontman Steven Tyler and his frustrated bandmates -- Aerosmith will precede its June 13 Download date with an appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival on June 10 in Solvesborg.

A U.K. spokeswoman for the band told Billboard.com that other European dates will be announced shortly.

"There's no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler," said Download promoter Andy Copping. "There's no point in entertaining anything other than (with) Steven Tyler."

Rest here

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Starting the whole 'Tyler's leaving' stories were just hype to garner the band some attention....

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    Starting the whole 'Tyler's leaving' stories were just hype to garner the band some attention....

Gotta agree with ya, Binnie.......sure looks that way.

Sure didn't hurt The Joe Perry Project either....notice every story mentions he's on tour with a new album.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    Believe this or not but I fully remember back around '87-'88 during the height of the feud between Mick and Spleef, Keith came on MTV and said he wanted Terence Trent D'Arby. No joke cos I remeber being absolutely floored going WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

And I even liked his song "Wishing Well" at the time.
    TTD had some okay stuff. i think Columbia signed him thinking he'd be their version of Prince, but it didn't turn out that way.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Terrific...in other words, the band has gotten to the point of looking to the actions of internet trolls for tips on self promotion.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Terrence Trent Darby didn't do well with INXS. I imagine he would have done even worse with the Stones.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Gotta agree with ya, Binnie.......sure looks that way.

Sure didn't hurt The Joe Perry Project either....notice every story mentions he's on tour with a new album.
    Yeah. The whole thing was quite obviously a publicity stunt, considering Aerosmith wasn't really getting a lot of publicity before all this kicked up - and the Joe Perry Project sidenotes along with every article kinda spelled all that out.

The fact that Aerosmith are booked for shows with Steven kinda says it all pretty clearly. In a perfect world, this obvious media manipulation would screw over their reputation and they'd be relegated to playing clubs with 40 people within the year.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's all a mask for the fact that they couldn't record a half-way decent record these days if they had guns put to their heads......

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Today I got an email from AeroForce One that said:
    Aerosmith Picks Lead Singer for 2010 Tour!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMImPYuCAU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMImPYuCAU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Classic Tallarico!
    Cocked, Locked and Ready To Rock.
    OR
    Cock Blocked but Ready To F*ck.
    Last edited by GreenBayLA; 02-26-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ker-ching!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

That's Really,Really Fucking Sad.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Joe doesn't seem all too happy. He's sitting there with no smile & texting on his phone. LOL.

But it's bullshit that the only way they can promote a tour is by setting up a shitload of fake drama. Just release a decent song.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I just listened to the latest Joe Perry Project disc 'Have Guitar, Will Travel' a few times... it sucks.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2012 @ 10:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    I just listened to the latest Joe Perry Project disc 'Have Guitar, Will Travel' a few times... it sucks.
    Really?

Well fuck scratch that one off my list.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Strung View Post
    Really?

Well fuck scratch that one off my list.
    Does your wife know you're on the internet? Or are you about to get busted and put on a 'time out' for another 2 years?

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-18-2010 @ 06:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

And they think they're soooooo funny pranksters or what?

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    I wouldn't say it sucked, but it's an odd choice of singer...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wouldn't say it sucked, but it's an odd choice of singer...
    On the other hand, the guy is a vast improvement over Joe, who does himself (and the listener) no favors when he steps up to the microphone.

Thread Information