Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith: Perry Announces Search For New Singer!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

He already ruined Satriani & Mikeys new band !!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Somebody give them Sammy Hagar's number. How cool would it be if Sammy ruined two bands?
    In an odd way that makes sense.......look at the reaction to CVH when Dave came back.

I imagine that it would be the same reaction to Steven coming back....a collective sigh of relief that that blow hard Spammy is gone.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Somebody give them Sammy Hagar's number. How cool would it be if Sammy ruined two bands?
    That horrendous move would make it Hagars 2nd felony.
    First, he tries replacing a singer who "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" when it turns out it's all he fuckin' sings about. Tying a sweater around his fat neck, drinking milk, and singing constipational cheese like "Why Can't This Be Love", "Love Walks Around", and "When It's Love".
    Sam in Aerosmith singing "Walk This Way"?!??...walk like what, Sambo? with a little 2-inch pecker and writing songs about shitty sportscars and even shittier tequila?!?? Git tha' oudda hee-ya!
    His third and final offense would be to try and step in for Gibbons or Hill in ZZ Top. Not only would the trifecta be complete, but it would give us the satisfaction of puuting that little bastard out of his (and our) misery, and watch him get lethally injected and put to sleep.

On second thought....Perry should call that fat little bastard. Just the mere thought of that prospect pleases me.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 06:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by standin View Post
    It's a shame he's got a busted main.
    He should really take care of that it is starting to effect his life.

Cracked pipes can really be a downer
    Holy Shiite, Steve!
    You went a 11 weeks back to groan me. That should give me some sort of 5 star award!
    Now, STFU, Steve.

And quit "fixing" things to cover your tracks. Did you really think that your name not being next to the groan would "do something"? Ohh, scary.
    But hey, thanks for reminding me I have a an open file with yahoo security and your "do somethings".

Go suck a donkey dick you conditioned queer.

5. 2 users say thank you to standin for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (02-01-2010),Little Texan (01-30-2010)

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I still maintain Perry is announcing the singer search to force Tyler to get his shit together, scare him straight, tough love whatever. But Aerosmith w/out Tyler is a joke.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayLA View Post
    I still maintain Perry is announcing the singer search to force Tyler to get his shit together, scare him straight, tough love whatever. But Aerosmith w/out Tyler is a joke.
    agreed.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Steve Tyler "Laid Off" Read all about it...
    Steven Tyler Laid Off From Aerosmith As Band's Jobless Rate Hits 20% | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

quote from article:
    "We thank Steven for his many years of loyal service, and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors."

Analysts speculate that the sector-wide layoff was a result of multiple factors, including redundancies in the singing-songwriting division, rising rehab fees that have cost the group millions, and a 34 percent decline in jump-kicks since 2003."

WOW I'm in shock...

9. Thanked GreenBayLA for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (01-27-2010)

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Steve Tyler "Laid Off" Read all about it...
    Steven Tyler Laid Off From Aerosmith As Band's Jobless Rate Hits 20% | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

quote from article:
    "We thank Steven for his many years of loyal service, and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors."

Analysts speculate that the sector-wide layoff was a result of multiple factors, including redundancies in the singing-songwriting division, rising rehab fees that have cost the group millions, and a 34 percent decline in jump-kicks since 2003."

WOW I'm in shock...
    it's bullshit.
    an obvious joke.
    Celebrity Video | TMZ.com
    Last edited by ace diamond; 01-26-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

blech!

Classic Rock can confirm that Paul Rodgers was invited to be Aerosmith’s new frontman.

This happened at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in London last November, when Aerosmith’s troubles with singer Steven Tyler were just beginning to surface.

The awards were a star-studded affair. Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry and Rodgers were among the multitude of high-profile rockers in attendance.

During a break in the ceremony Perry approached Scott Rowley, Classic Rock’s Editor In Chief, and asked him: “Can you introduce me to Paul Rodgers?”

Amazingly, Perry had never met the Free/Bad Company/The Firm/Queen + Paul Rodgers frontman before.

Rowley guided Perry to Rodgers’ table and the two stars engaged in conversation while Rowley chatted to Rodgers’ wife, Cynthia.

However, Classic Rock’s Jerry Ewing, who was sitting at the table, overheard Perry make a direct approach to Rodgers about replacing Tyler in Aerosmith.

Ewing recalls:

“Basically Scott came over with Joe Perry who had asked to be introduced to Paul. After an initial introduction Perry started saying how Rodgers was his second-favourite vocalist of all time.

“Rodgers typically asked who Perry’s favourite was, and Perry said: ‘The lead singer of Aerosmith.’ Cue some embarrassed laughter.

“The talk then moved on to what Perry was doing and he said that he was doing the Joe Perry Project and they were looking to come over here and tour, at which point Rodgers mooted the idea of them supporting Bad Company on their just-announced shows.

“The next thing, Perry is starting to tell Rodgers that they have problems with Tyler and that they intend to carry on regardless – and how great it would be if Rodgers took the slot, and would he be interested in trying out?

“If I remember correctly there were the usual ‘how flattering’ platitudes but no real commitment, as you’d expect, nor refusal.”

Classic Rock knows of two more major names who have been approached to sing for Aerosmith.

We’ll be revealing another of those names on Classic Rock tomorrow (Thursday, January 28), with the final one to follow on Friday. So stay tuned to the Classic Rock website.

The March issue of Classic Rock, which goes on sale next Wednesday, February 3, features Joe Perry on the cover and contains more exclusive Aero-revelations.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Hah that's great.

From 2008 though.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Either these guys are making this shit up or Joe Perry has truly flipped his lid.

Following Classic Rock’s exclusive story that Paul Rodgers was asked by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith’s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star sounded out by Perry to fill Steven Tyler’s shoes: Billy Idol.

A source tells us:

“Joe had been approaching a few people about replacing Steven and he invited Billy to his show at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles.

“Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven.”

The gig – which featured the Joe Perry Project – took place on November 24 in West Hollywood. It was reviewed in the December 2009 edition of Classic Rock (issue No.139).

However, in a strange turn of events, Idol failed to respond to Perry’s invitation.

“As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold,” says our source.

Whether this means the door remains open for Idol to try out for the Aerosmith job at a future date is unclear.

Besides Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol, Classic Rock knows the name of a third high-profile singer who has been asked to replace Tyler.

We’ll be revealing his name on Classic Rock tomorrow (Friday, January 29). So stay tuned to the Classic Rock website.

The March issue of Classic Rock, which goes on sale next Wednesday, February 3, features Joe Perry on the cover and contains more exclusive Aero-revelations.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sounds like he's conducting psychological warfare on Tyler.

These guys are so inappropriate, who's next Harry Connick, Jr?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Why do Aerosmith need to continue without Tyler (I know... why do they need to continue at all)? Can't Perry just do his Joe Perry project thing until Tyler is ready to sing/perform again? Is anyone interested in seeing Aerosmith without Steven Tyler... I don't think so. Do they have contractual obligations that they need to fulfill as Aerosmith?

With that being said... I'd like to hear Perry, Whitford, Hamilton & Kramer do something with that cat who sings for The Answer... that might be some good stuff... but don't try to bill it as Aerosmith.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Jizzy Pearl would be a good replacment.........

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jizzy's voice is still as good as it's ever been.

Not sure how he would be on the ballads but Aerosmith use lots of tapes and shit anyway.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

tom keifer?

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's more likely to end up being the dude from Alter Bridge that almost ended up singing for Zeppelin last year.......

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

diamond dave singin' "love in an elevator"

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Why do Aerosmith need to continue without Tyler (I know... why do they need to continue at all)? Can't Perry just do his Joe Perry project thing until Tyler is ready to sing/perform again? Is anyone interested in seeing Aerosmith without Steven Tyler... I don't think so. Do they have contractual obligations that they need to fulfill as Aerosmith?

With that being said... I'd like to hear Perry, Whitford, Hamilton & Kramer do something with that cat who sings for The Answer... that might be some good stuff... but don't try to bill it as Aerosmith.
    The thing is, at this point I'm not in the least bit thrilled about seeing Aerosmith with Tyler. The same dull and predictable set list, the same going through the motions, ect. And the argument of the other four going forward without him in anticipation of the 40th anniversary holds water like a cheese grater. So the paying audience gets to watch a stand-in in order for these guys to keep from getting rusty?

Some cunt changd my name
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2017 @ 03:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

arrosmith is a bit jazzy for me.
    but more than a feeling is one of there best songs for sure.steve perry is there best singer.i hope he comes back.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least Cornell is smart enough to know this would be a bad idea...

Perry to Cornell: ‘Do You Want To Join Aerosmith?’
    gbarton / News, Top Posts / 29/01/2010 12:42pm

Following Classic Rock’s exclusive news that both Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol were sounded out by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith’s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star who Perry believed could replace Steven Tyler: Chris Cornell.

A source close to the Aerosmith camp tells Classic Rock:

“Joe approached Chris Cornell and asked him if he would be interested in the Aerosmith job, because the band were running out of patience with Steven.

“But Cornell, to his credit, didn’t take Joe’s request very seriously. He thought he was joking and was surprised when Joe said he wasn’t.

“In fact, I overheard Cornell telling Joe: ‘Fuck off, can you imagine how ridiculous that would be?!’

“In any case, Cornell told Joe he was committed to Soundgarden’s reunion, so it [Cornell joining Aerosmith] could never happen.”

If you missed our previous stories about Joe Perry’s ongoing hunt for a new Aerosmith singer, you can read about Paul Rodgers here and Billy Idol here.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Perry et al need the cash, why don't they look into what Gene did with the Kissology DVDs as a stop gap. I'd buy a 3 dvd box with the '78 Texas Jam, the '78 California Jam and some other cleaned up 70s gigs.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Following Classic Rock’s exclusive news that both Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol were sounded out by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith’s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star who Perry believed could replace Steven Tyler: Chris Cornell.

This is beginning to sound like the movie Major League, wherein the Cleveland Indians were so awful that nobody wanted to work for them.

Lou Brown: Tire World...
    Charlie Donovan: Lou? This is Charlie Donovan. How would you like to manage the Indians this year?
    Lou Brown: Oh, I don't know...
    Charlie Donovan: What do you mean, you don't know? This is your chance to manage in the big leagues.
    Lou Brown: Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,297 Times in 4,722 Posts

I guess this "Classic Rock" rag hasn't heard that Soundgarden is back together, if they thought Chris Cornell was going to join somebody else's band. Besides, I doubt he would do that again, after Audioslave, even if he wasn't already occupied.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I guess this "Classic Rock" rag hasn't heard that Soundgarden is back together, if they thought Chris Cornell was going to join somebody else's band. Besides, I doubt he would do that again, after Audioslave, even if he wasn't already occupied.

“In any case, Cornell told Joe he was committed to Soundgarden’s reunion, so it [Cornell joining Aerosmith] could never happen.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oops.... that's what I get for not reading the whole fucking article.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

aerosmith ain't aerosmith without both of the toxic twins.
    therefore they should retire and not destroy their already somewhat tarnished legacy.
    once upon a time they were a great fucking band.
    nowadays they just seriously suck ass, and have sucked ass for the past 15 years or so.
    it's time for them to retire.
    'nuff said.
    end of story.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They should have retired in 1984. Anything after "Done With Mirrors" wasn't really Aerosmith.

31. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (01-29-2010)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

They should have retired in 1984. Anything after "Done With Mirrors" wasn't really Aerosmith.
    Agreed. Definitely the last Aerosmith album that I enjoyed end to end.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

done with mirrors was 1986, ford.
    after that, they got sober.
    and sucked thereafter.
    aerosmith were a better band when they were fucked up on heroin.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace diamond View Post
    done with mirrors was 1986, ford.
    Wrong again dumbass, DWM was in '85. Please get your facts straight before you speak. For someone who Rainman's his entire existence, yet still manages to fuck up the timeline, the LAST thing you should do is try to state anyone elses. I've corrected you in the sports forum as well (remember when you were boasting your knowledge and loyalty regarding The AZ Cards and I not only corrected the year they arrived from St. Louis but that they were also the PHOENIX Cards for a cupla years?) so STFU!!!

Besides, DWM was definitely no "Classic" Aerosmith but it had it's moments. "Let the Music Do the Talking" was pretty damn good. Unfortunately, your "music" sends people running away. Hence, you'd never understand.

Also, 1987's Permanent Vacation actually had a cupla decent tracks on it like "Hangman Jury" and a cover of The Beatles "I'm Down."

Moronic buffoon.
    Last edited by MAX; 01-30-2010 at 07:33 PM.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    It's more likely to end up being the dude from Alter Bridge that almost ended up singing for Zeppelin last year.......
    Myles Kennedy...yeah, he's kinda in between jobs now that Scott Stapp is back in Creed, but that's a bad fit, too. No one is going to replace Steven Tyler in Aerosmith because he is the voice of Aerosmith. Whenever you hear his voice you associate it with Aerosmith. Besides, what is the point of getting a new singer at this stage of their career? These guys are nearly old enough to draw Social Security for christsakes! In this age of rap, hip hop, and throw away pop is a new singer going to make them any more relevant with their style of music?

36. 2 users say thank you to Little Texan for this KICKASS post:

binnie (01-31-2010),hambon4lif (01-30-2010)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

They gave the world masterpieces like "Draw The Line", "Toys In The Attic", and "Rocks". Albums of that caliber aren't in them anymore.
    It's a hard thing to...kinda like demanding the car keys back from grandpa after one too many times of driving on the wrong side of the road, but they're done.

They should just be happy with their legendary status, their awesome contribution to rock music, and just call it a day.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A series of side projects would be a more dignified solution, rather than diluting Aerosmith's record......

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    A series of side projects would be a more dignified solution, rather than diluting Aerosmith's record even further, a legacy of mediocrity the band has worked steadily toward since discovering power ballads and creating largely unlistenable albums, from Get A Grip onward.
    Fixed that for ya, bin.

40. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

binnie (01-31-2010)

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    They gave the world masterpieces like "Draw The Line", "Toys In The Attic", and "Rocks". Albums of that caliber aren't in them anymore.
    It's a hard thing to...kinda like demanding the car keys back from grandpa after one too many times of driving on the wrong side of the road, but they're done.

They should just be happy with their legendary status, their awesome contribution to rock music, and just call it a day.
    They should have called it a day when the ran out of ideas and had other people write for them (even though I liked nothing they did after sobering up).

Is there anybody here that honestly has an interest in seeing Aerosmith record another song, never mind an album??

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    STFU!!!

Besides, DWM was definitely no "Classic" Aerosmith but it had it's moments. "Let the Music Do the Talking"......
    That was a song Joe Perry wrote when he was out of the band (Joe Perry Project) and Tyler wanted to record it again..

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    Is there anybody here that honestly has an interest in seeing Aerosmith record another song, never mind an album??
    At this point, they don't even need to come up with anything new, as there are over a dozen unfinished tunes in the can (available on several bootlegs and at Youtube) that sound better than anything they've put out since Pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    That was a song Joe Perry wrote when he was out of the band (Joe Perry Project) and Tyler wanted to record it again..
    And if you compare the tracks, the original Perry version wins in a landslide. The Project version is raw and exiting, whereas the Aerosmith version seems to just plod along march-style, never really achieving lift-off.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro2rx_S47VU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro2rx_S47VU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3SAqGy8wGM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3SAqGy8wGM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

44. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (02-01-2010)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    Wrong again dumbass, DWM was in '85. Please get your facts straight before you speak. For someone who Rainman's his entire existence, yet still manages to fuck up the timeline, the LAST thing you should do is try to state anyone elses. I've corrected you in the sports forum as well (remember when you were boasting your knowledge and loyalty regarding The AZ Cards and I not only corrected the year they arrived from St. Louis but that they were also the PHOENIX Cards for a cupla years?) so STFU!!!

Besides, DWM was definitely no "Classic" Aerosmith but it had it's moments. "Let the Music Do the Talking" was pretty damn good. Unfortunately, your "music" sends people running away. Hence, you'd never understand.

Also, 1987's Permanent Vacation actually had a cupla decent tracks on it like "Hangman Jury" and a cover of The Beatles "I'm Down."

Moronic buffoon.
    I agree with all of the above. But weren't they still "using" during DWM? I thought PV was their first straight album...

While hacking up my lungs last night, I watched that silly Metal Show on VH1 Classic. Perry was on and mentioned that he thought that DWM was their low point and they rushed through it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I agree with all of the above. But weren't they still "using" during DWM? I thought PV was their first straight album...

While hacking up my lungs last night, I watched that silly Metal Show on VH1 Classic. Perry was on and mentioned that he thought that DWM was their low point and they rushed through it.
    That's true. DWM was the reunion album (after the regrettable scab guitarists era) but they were still on drugs. That title "Done With Mirrors" has more than one meaning.

Thread Information