Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bad Muthafucker
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Always liked to pop in "Sunburn" on the way home from the bar at 2 a.m. back during college. Damn, I miss those days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

• adena dodds
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2010

So cool. I saw him at a night club in my home town that tour...I was only a year and a half into my deep depression, but I'd be damned if anything would ever try to stop me from seeing Daimond Dave!
      Originally posted by assclownbush
      David Lee Roth performing "Sunburn" in London, England on May 21st 1994 during his "Your Filthy Little Mouth" tour. Guitarist Rocket Ritchotte, bassist Jamie Hunting, keyboardist Brett Tuggle and drummer Ron Wikso are the musicians.

Comment

• rocking ron
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2010

This tour went terrible wrong in Europe!!!

I've buyed tickets for the one and only show he would do in Holland and what happened a few weeks before ???........

Cancelled..... !! Why.....??? Not enough spectators...., I didn't listen to Roth for 7........hours that day, I was disappointed, but ; 'THAT's LIFE !!!!

Comment

• big fatty
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2004

Yup, this is a great new style of tune for Dave back then, but really surprised me when he played it live. In my town, the show was at a 1200 seat venue called the commodore, and it actually sounded really good.

It would be cool if Dave did one of his solo tunes with Van Halen, instead of Ice Cream Man, just for a change.

An accoustic version of Black Sand would be awesome, with some vibrant colourful images on the big screen. Or of course, Damn Good, or even Coconut Grove. Good stuff, to set a nice ambiance to, if the VH replacement singer had a solo spot in the show, then Dave should have one too.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

The only thing interesting about this video is that Dave had longer hair than he does now...

Comment

• philouze
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

I used to listen to YFLM a lot back in the day.. Mind you, a brand new DLR album !! How cool was that ?
              But as time went on, I kept coming back to EEAS and Skyscraper. Those albums with Vai are just my favorites.
              But yeah, Sunburn is a good song, in my book.

Comment

• Yount
                Commando
                • Jan 2012

If Dave had kept on pumping out Yankee Rose you'd be slamming him for being stale. Fuck that shit, I don't want want 5 versions of Fair Warning and 5 solo versions of EEAS. Whichever path he cuts is true. I'm either a real fan or brainwashed, you tell me.

YFLM, imagine never hearing it? Now that would be a shame. You hear that envy and all you other artistic advisers? Wear fucking overalls. Same sense of humor in the muse if you ask me. Isn't that what it's about anyways?

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

YFLM is a great album and Sunburn is a really good and intimate song, I like to listen to it in a cozy atmosphere, drinking dry martinis.

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                    Katina, I'm not saying this to be confrontational at all. Your entitled to your opinion and I respect your opinion. IMO YFLM has some gems on it but...again...IMO it's not a great album. I will always be curious and purchase anything Dave puts out but I can"t honestly say I think that's a great album.
                    I understand your point of view There are several different styles of music in YFLM, for me a very creative and interesting collection of songs with very good lyrics, Dave has many dimensions.

Comment

Working...