Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Trinity was the best but I'm still a fan of Lila
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

sonrisa salvaje (12-19-2012)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,445 Posts

Dumped Chotime after last season ended. Missed the whole thing. A friend recorded it for me. I'll have to get back to you in a few weeks/months.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm with Bridge...watched the first episode...heard it was an incredible season...and will be watching the whole thing this week...will be giving you fucksticks my daily updates...

Cant. Fucking. Wait.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

In Showtime's new trailer for the upcoming eighth — and final — season of "Dexter," everybody's favorite serial killer (Michael C. Hall) is up to his kill apron in women looking to do him in, and the preview doesn't even include the woman who could end up being Dexter's ultimate doom.

That would be Mr. Morgan's ex, Hannah McKay (Yvonne Strahovski, "Chuck"), who, when last we saw her, had escaped from police custody in the hospital and then left an ominous black orchid at Dexter's door.

She's definitely back for the show's final season, and the storyline is such an intense, potentially spoiler-filled part of the final run that Strahovski tells Yahoo! TV she can't even tell us when she first appears in Season 8, or how many episodes she'll appear in.

"Unfortunately, those are things I can't share, because the big question is for Hannah, because she got away … what has she been doing all this time?" Strahovski says.

"Is she going to pop back into Dexter's life, and if so, how's she going to do that exactly? What will be her intentions at the time? So that's really the exciting part of that."

Strahovski, who says it was a happy surprise when she was asked to return for the Emmy-winning drama's final season, also says she's so excited to see how the show, and her character's storyline, will wrap up that she avoided asking the writers about the ending.

"I kind of chose not to ask what was going to happen with [Hannah]. … I personally don't know what the character's fate will be. I think I'm almost too scared to ask," she said with a laugh. "Part of me doesn't want to spoil the surprise."

Hannah is not the only woman Dexter has to be worried about, of course. As the new season trailer reveals, Dex's adopted sister Deb (Jennifer Carpenter), who murdered Maria LaGuerta in last season's finale to protect her brother after LaGuerta learned Dexter's secret, is a total mess.

Taking drugs (legal and otherwise), hitting the booze, and hooking up with bad guys can't make her forget what she did, and she's channeling her anger at Dexter.

"My life is none of your business," she tells him. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about. And I hate you for it. I shot the wrong person in that trailer."

And then there's new Miami Metro neuropsychiatrist Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), whose nickname, "The Psychopath Whisperer," explains why she's zeroing in on Dexter and peppering him with some deep and leading questions: He's the textbook definition of a psychopath, something the good doctor is going to note.

So, who will be the key to what might finally be the end of not only Dexter's serial killer ways, but also possibly his freedom, or even his life: the pesky Psychopath Whisperer? Hannah and the reasons behind her re-entry into Dexter's life in Season 8?

Or Deb, the woman he grew up with, the woman who was once in love with him and, now, the policewoman who murdered her boss for him?

The Season 8 trailer shows Deb, after being arrested on a DUI charge and still in a very boozed-up state, walking into the police station where she and Dexter work and telling fellow cop (and former lover) Joey Quinn (Desmond Harrington), "I wanna make an official statement."

Uh-oh, Dex.

"Dexter" Season 8 premieres on Showtime June 30 at 9 PM, and Season 7 is now available on DVD and Blu-ray from Showtime Entertainment.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

OK, so two episodes into this new (and final) season, and I'm not sure how I feel about this latest plot twist.... namely the idea that "Harry's Code" (which Dexter has used as his basis for deciding who deserves to be killed) wasn't actually Harry's at all, but was a product of this Dr. Vogel person.

So why does she resurface now, and tell Dexter exactly who she is and what role she played in his life?

Is it because she knows he "broke the code" by killing La Guerta (and even more so, by talking Deb into pulling the trigger.)

And if so, did she show up to protect Dexter, or to take him down, because he went "off mission"?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    OK, so two episodes into this new (and final) season, and I'm not sure how I feel about this latest plot twist.... namely the idea that "Harry's Code" (which Dexter has used as his basis for deciding who deserves to be killed) wasn't actually Harry's at all, but was a product of this Dr. Vogel person.

So why does she resurface now, and tell Dexter exactly who she is and what role she played in his life?

Is it because she knows he "broke the code" by killing La Guerta (and even more so, by talking Deb into pulling the trigger.)

And if so, did she show up to protect Dexter, or to take him down, because he went "off mission"?
    Obviously they want us to think she is the killer she has Dexter trying to find. I doubt the writers would make it that easy to figure out though.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, apparently I'm the only one who gives a shit anymore, but here we are with one episode of Dexter left.....

Will Deb die from a gunshot wound, or live "happily fucking ever after" with Quinn?

Will Dex make it out of the country with Hanna and his kid before the hurricane hits, or will his obvious mistake in not killing Saxon lead to his downfall?

Or does anybody care? Admittedly, for a final season, this has been somewhat of a disappointment.

And is it wrong of me to hope that "deputy marshall" and Deb's former boss "Elway" end up dead by the time this is all over?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

I had a feeling shit was going south when he decided to let Saxon go...dumb move, and not so great a plot twist unless the plan was for everything to go horribly wrong.. not to mention Hannah taking the kid to the E.R..... I don't see it ending well, especially since the preview seemed to indicate Deb was going to confess to Quinn.

But yes, would like to see Elway and the Marshall eat it next week.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've read spoilers on other sites that suggest Quinn has been on to Dexter for sometime, but didn't have any interest in stopping him because 1) he was in love with Deb and 2) Dex was only killing criminals, so what's the problem?

Of course LaGuerta's murder would be the big monkey wrench in that scenario. Deb did "confess" to him that she did that, but she was also really fucked up at the time, so it's not like any cop would have taken that seriously, let alone one that was in love with her.

How will they clean up this mess in one hour?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    How will they clean up this mess in one hour?
    That's what I wanna know...! How can they?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

What a disappointing end...

I guess they left the door open for a movie...or whatever...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not the ending I was expecting.....

So Dex is now a lumberjack, presumably living up here in Cascadia, huh? Well, I guess that's karma, since Ted Bundy moved to Florida.

Can't believe he left his kid with Hannah though.....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have to admit though..... the way he finally took Saxon out... in the police station, filmed on camera no less, and able to convince Quinn and Batista it was self defense..... that was just classic.

Just too damn bad Deb had to die to make that happen

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think a couple of years from now they will have to do a movie for the big screen that comes back and ties it all up. I still can't believe he would walk away from his son like that.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Massive fan of the show. Watched it all the way through. The ending sucked.

His "dark passenger" is alive and well despite his best efforts to hide it from all of those that love him. I believe that's what that final "black eyed" stare represents. I don't think there's going to be a movie made or that they'll revisit it. The entire cast coudl've continued on and the show would still have it's core faithful that tune in. It wasn't hurting in the rating, but Hall said in interviews it was time to move on. Without him the show is nothing. There were rumors of a spinoff, but the way they left it I just don't see it happening. The Miami police dept at those cast members were there as props for Dexter to hide behind. Hannah and his kids were collateral damage in his line of business. Let's face it, we're cheering for a psychopathic mass murderer. He's not supposed to love. He's not supposed to win. So, he sits with his "dark passenger" in a new environment almost as far as he could get from sunny Florida while he charts out his new path.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mid-week I was still getting text messages from a girl I know that read "A fucking LUMBERJACK?!?!" That ending was weak sauce!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Big fan of the show and have to say the last episode may have been the worse of the entire series.
    For a show that was so smartly written and challenged viewers over the years to end with an episode that employs every day time soap opera cliche is so dissapointing. Turning off life support, faking his death, etc... just a load of crap even the background music which is normally employed well was a cliche, just awful.

I assumed in advance they would kill his sister because it may be easier to make a Dexter movie if he does not have to work with his real ex-wife.

Thread Information