Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I've been using Dimarzio cords and couldn't be happier. I bought an Ernie Ball and a Fender cord and both were shit. Horrible!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

I'm using a 10,000 sq ft warehouse to soundcheck my gear in a few weeks, I'd need a 50 foot guitar cord which is custom and can be easily destroyed the minute a cart drives over it.. or I could go wireless.

If I go wireless, I can walk outside and hear it.. I can walk 100ft behind the rig, or 100ft in front of it.

I'm past blasting my ears out in small rehearsal rooms like this, just checking gear. So, utilizing access I have in a near-empty place I should get some good live tones going and don't want to be pinned down with the restrictions of a cord or cords.

The send-return lines are 40ft alone for the pedalboard, boy I wish there was an affordable multi-channel xmt-rcv wireless for that solution (vol pedal, crybaby, midi)

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Ok....

Originally posted by GAR
        I'm using a 10,000 sq ft warehouse to soundcheck my gear in a few weeks, I'd need a 50 foot guitar cord which is custom...
        TAKE. PICTURES. This being a gear forum, y'know would be cool to uh...see this gear and warehouse test of which you speak. Post it here. Take a picture of your rig at the farthest point the rig's still visible and the wireless works. Guitar shots are also encouraged.

The send-return lines are 40ft alone for the pedalboard, boy I wish there was an affordable multi-channel xmt-rcv wireless for that solution (vol pedal, crybaby, midi)

Would be cool...There'd need to be two dual-channel receivers to run the signal to and from the board and have the amp(s) "see" the guitars and signal in the same manner wireless, plus another set for the midi...it'd be a cool set up but already at 3-dual channel setups...right? Or one big CAE Bradshaw- brainiac one...how many rack spaces are you workin' with? What kind of - besides the Crybaby (standard model?) Volume and MIDI pedals are you currently using?

As for needing a 10,000 sq ft warehouse to accommodate your amp-volume settings to check out a wireless...even if it's a Plexi(s) or something similar...you anti-THD hotplate or something, out of curiousity?
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
          That's bullshit propaganda but I'm sure the threat of "osha" from an upper manager instills the junior salesguy the confidence to turn down his prospects' volume. OSHA don't work after 5pm anyways.. they're State workers! So GC get to lie to their people, and they do it all the time. Fuck GC.
          They don't call it the "Evil Empire" for nothin'...

There's a lot of bullshit propaganda and wanna-be psychology going on there, but much like a bar, if they get noise complaints from 2AM on Saturday they can still get investigated and bothered-the-shit out of for 'em 9-5 Mon-Fri...douchbags walking around with DB meters...in either scenario (clubs have 'em too, it's just the club's staff rather than state douchebag)

Though I wouldn't put it past GC to also have a corporate staff-douche team that goes store-to-store nationwide posing as OSHA geeks...as part of the "Total World Domination" plan...
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

No, I just like low end response for natural guitar string sound.

OK heres a list for the send-returns.. Send1 from the guitar or backline wireless output into 3 returns as follows: Return2, 3 and 4.

Return lines 2 and 3 are clean Left and Right channel. R4 is just straight mono to dirty heads.

EBSVPP = EB Stereo Volume Panning Pedal x2 (clean / dirty)

Send1>EBSVPP1>Left Out>Stereo Chorus>Return2+3>Hush 2CX-#2 >Heads2+3>Four V30/G12T75 loaded 4x12 cabs

EBSVPP1>Right Out>EBSVPP2>Crybaby>flanger>phaser>treblebooster>
            R4>Hush2cx-#2>Heads1+4>4 G12M25 4x12 cabs.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

I have 7 different wahs, half are modded.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

I have considered you guys' endless reiterating for pics, so I will be taking some and video of my gear for insurance purposes.

I doubled-up on property insurance dragging all this from storage mothballs, it was only an extra $600 a year.

I worry about people seeing my stuff from the beach thru the patio and weighing another ripoff loss against replacement, but how would they make it up thru the beach with cabs I dunno. Certainly guitars and heads could get marched out.. pedals.. that's why I chose to check the gear at a warehouse before coming home with some of it.

SO I really really don't wanna get blasted from 2 feet away, I want to hear how space eats up the tone and locate appropriate tone settings at different volume levels.

I need a wireless..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

So you're going to check your tone in a 10,000sq ft building. Checking your tone for what? Incredible bounce, tremendous sound decay, and a myriad of other problems from trying to get any tone from a space that big?

Testing your sound like that only works for a full PA system and stage/light show. It will never tell you anything about your amp/guitar tone. Too much sound loss and bounce to be reliable for any kind of bench test.

Seriously Gar, not trying to bust your balls....I just don't think that's the best type of environment to check your gear out on. I think you'll be real disappointed with the results.
                      Last edited by kwame k; 12-13-2009, 10:28 PM.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        So you're going to check your tone in a 10,000sq ft building. Checking your tone for what? Incredible bounce, tremendous sound decay, and a myriad of other problems from trying to get any tone from a space that big?

Testing your sound like that only works for a full PA system and stage/light show. It will never tell you anything about your amp/guitar tone. Too much sound loss and bounce to be reliable for any kind of bench test.

Seriously Gar, not trying to bust your balls....I just don't think that's the best type of environment to check your gear out on. I think you'll be real disappointed with the results.

True, every word of it.

Pure Pwnage!

I'm surprised The Fail himself doesn't realize this himself.
                        Funny thing here is it takes a drummer to point out the monolithic fail in his plan.
                        Good goin Kwame!

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Not really if you think about it. Drummers have to be more aware of acoustic situations than you guys. When recording, is the room too dead or is there too much bounce.....the way acoustic drums are mixed and if you even think about distance/ambient mixing the room has a huge effect on tone. Live settings....forget about it.
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            A unit that shuts off when someone who sucks plays through it.
                            Perfect for Gar then.

Why bother going to such an extreme of checking a Fender Sidekick in a 10,000 square foot warehouse?

You want wireless? Use a piece of string.

Why spend the $$ for a real wireless unit just to pretend to be a guitarist in some warehouse for a couple of hours?

And you worry about your cardboard guitar being stolen off the park bench while you sleep?

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TwoRetards
                              Today, 06:06 PM
                              Remove user from ignore list
                              Diamondjimi
                              This message is hidden because Diamondjimi is on your ignore list.
                              View Post Today, 06:13 PM
                              kwame k
                              This message is hidden because kwame k is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 07:44 PM
                              Diamondjimi
                              This message is hidden because Diamondjimi is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 08:23 PM
                              kwame k
                              This message is hidden because kwame k is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 08:59 PM
                              Hardrock69
                              This message is hidden because Hardrock69 is on your ignore list.
                              Goddamm, you two douches I know have nothing to cuntribute about wireless except more bitching, so I KNOW I don't have to click View Post this time.

Whatta couple a BITCHES

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Play nice, kiddies.

Dunno, Kwame makes excellent points about tone-testing in a large, empty space - imagining this is a warehouse, and not like a warehouse/rehearsal studio w/staging, etc.?

10,000 ft.'s a good range check of a wireless, however... but sounds like an interesting experiment.

C'mon, there's going to be video, I for one wanna see this.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...