Pervert On A Park Bench
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2019 @ 09:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexpgrimes View Post
    you guys sut be slipping. no ones posted and nude or topless pics of her. I must say I'm disappointed...lol
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Bad Timing Alert! Chilling Brittany Murphy Movie Art Pulled
    Wed., Dec. 23, 2009 1:32 PM PST by Josh Grossberg
    Courtesy of E! Online

It's an eerie and tragic example of life imitating art.

In a dreadful case of bad timing, Brittany Murphy's sudden death on Sunday has forced the DVD rental company Redbox to yank box art images from its kiosks nationwide for the actress's latest film, Deadline.

The cover shows the 32-year-old's character lying lifeless in a bathtub.

Murphy, of course, collapsed in the bathroom of her Hollywood Hills home Sunday morning and, after unsuccessful attempts by family and paramedics to revive her, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

And that sent Redbox scrambling when it realized what was on the cover of the straight-to-DVD horror thriller.

"We are removing the box art images from our displays," Redbox spokeswoman Laura Dihel tells E! News. "We will continue to carry her film, but we will not be featuring the box art. We have 19,000 locations, and to be honest, I can't tell you if this particular art is up at all the locations."

Staffers began removing the Deadline artwork yesterday and hope to complete the task by Jan. 1. The box art was also pulled from the company's website.

In the film, Murphy plays a screenwriter who travels to a haunted Victorian mansion to finish a script on deadline, only to stumble upon videos recorded by past residents that lead her to have a psychological breakdown.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
    I liked her a lot in Clueless. Then I saw the recent photo on Yahoo and it bore no resemblence to that young girl. Boy does Hollywood fuck people up.

Nah.

People fuck themselves up.

Just like that fabulous lezbo Eleanor Roosevelt once said:

"People don't take advantage of you unless you let them."

Same applies to lifestyle choices.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Nah.

In Hollywood, everything bad for you is good for your career...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Bad Timing Alert! Chilling Brittany Murphy Movie Art Pulled
    Wed., Dec. 23, 2009 1:32 PM PST by Josh Grossberg
    Courtesy of E! Online

It's an eerie and tragic example of life imitating art.
    Definitely not the first time something like this has happened...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

That Skynyrd line up was fucking killer. Alan Collins, Gary Rossington, Ronnie Van Zandt, Steve Gaines, Leon Wilkeson, Artimus Pyle and Billy Powell. Tragic!

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    That Skynyrd line up was fucking killer. Alan Collins, Gary Rossington, Ronnie Van Zandt, Steve Gaines, Leon Wilkeson, Artimus Pyle and Billy Powell. Tragic!
    Gaines was awesome!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    That was the only fucking line up, IMHO!

9. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (12-28-2009)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

And that cover got pulled shortly after the plane crash and subbed with another one minus the flames...was the only cover available for years until several years ago when the old cover was used for the cd re-issues...never mind that the plane didn't burst into flames when it crashed and nobody on the plane was burned to death in the first place...

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Pyle/Rossington/Collins/Van Zant/Gaines/Powell/Wilkeson lineup was probably the best the band ever had, although a good chuck of the classic rock staples were done when Ed King was still in the band. But that One For The Road/Street Survivors lineup was killer. Great source for that lineup live is the Freebird movie that came out in the mid-1990s - great performances from the band at the 1976 Knebworth festival (where they reportedly blew the Rolling Stones off the stage).

Pretty shitty way for the band to have dissolved they way it initially did in 1977. So much so that it was understandable when they got back together ten years later and did a Tribute tour. These days, well...the idea of the current entity calling itself "Lynard Skynard" is a bit disconcerting, seeing that Rossington is the only one left, but at least the band can still play well live.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-21-2010 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, lets play some for all the missing, and loved ones, and friends, who aren't across the table this christmas..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bj92yfjCu-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bj92yfjCu-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    In Hollywood, everything bad for you is good for your career...
    Yeah, but there's...like...different "careers" in Hollywood these days...for me, the media focus has become too lopsided, leaning toward the offscreen lives (or reports on the offscreen lives) of celebrities who are famous for being famous, rather than being famous for being talented.

I suppose that's always been true to some degree, but it seems like contemporary famous entertainers are paying as much attention, if not more, to their pr image as they are to their actual work.

For every decent actor like, say, Ed Norton, who comes in, does their work and fucks off away from the limelight, one is barraged by marginally talented celebs like Eva Longoria and the like who never met a red carpet they didn't like. And the quality of the work in the majority of those cases just isn't there. It's one thing to have a highly publicized, colorful offscreen life when you're Mickey Rourke, and you have talent and an overall great body of work behind you to offset all of that other jazz. When you get into that Jude Law/Jennifer Aniston level of A-list celebrity paried with C-list talent, it's the audiences that suffer having to sift through a bunch of mundane crap for choices.

13. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Coyote (12-26-2009)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cool

And that cover got pulled shortly after the plane crash and subbed with another one minus the flames...was the only cover available for years until several years ago when the old cover was used for the cd re-issues...never mind that the plane didn't burst into flames when it crashed and nobody on the plane was burned to death in the first place...

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Pyle/Rossington/Collins/Van Zant/Gaines/Powell/Wilkeson lineup was probably the best the band ever had, although a good chuck of the classic rock staples were done when Ed King was still in the band. But that One For The Road/Street Survivors lineup was killer. Great source for that lineup live is the Freebird movie that came out in the mid-1990s - great performances from the band at the 1976 Knebworth festival (where they reportedly blew the Rolling Stones off the stage).

Pretty shitty way for the band to have dissolved they way it initially did in 1977. So much so that it was understandable when they got back together ten years later and did a Tribute tour. These days, well...the idea of the current entity calling itself "Lynard Skynard" is a bit disconcerting, seeing that Rossington is the only one left, but at least the band can still play well live.
    True enough, but more than anything I believe it was the symbolism that affronted people, not so much as an indictment of the plane crash but the idea of these people burning as effigies somehow. And that picture of Gaines with his eyes closed and engulfed in flames was simply too much to deal with. Look, I still have the album (bought the week of release), and it includes a sheet full of tour dates that would never be fulfilled. To this day, I find that cover haunting.

A couple years later, the Rossington/Collins band performed a live radio show. At midnight, they played "Freebird". People in my area held parties (radio stations had announced days in advance that this would take place) in tribute. It was a very touching moment in time.

The live album/Street Survivors line up will always be seen as a "what could have been" type of deal, yet in reality they could have gone the way of the Charlie Daniels Band or the Atlanta Rhythm Section: a couple of hits, then off to the county fair circuit. The truth is, we'll never know for sure, other than the impact the band initially had on what passes for country music today. Bands like Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker and yes, the Eagles laid the blueprint for much of today's country music.

Terry, I agree completely with you when it comes to what constitutes the Lynyrd Skynyrd of today. Shit, the Van Zandt brothers put out better records by themselves. But in a way, I find it sorta cool that a LS vehicle is out there, playing these classic tunes to younger generations as well as folks like me that enjoy hearing 'em. No, that band ain't coming back. Yet it's nice to be reminded from time to time that they once existed.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    True enough, but more than anything I believe it was the symbolism that affronted people, not so much as an indictment of the plane crash but the idea of these people burning as effigies somehow. And that picture of Gaines with his eyes closed and engulfed in flames was simply too much to deal with. Look, I still have the album (bought the week of release), and it includes a sheet full of tour dates that would never be fulfilled. To this day, I find that cover haunting.

A couple years later, the Rossington/Collins band performed a live radio show. At midnight, they played "Freebird". People in my area held parties (radio stations had announced days in advance that this would take place) in tribute. It was a very touching moment in time.

The live album/Street Survivors line up will always be seen as a "what could have been" type of deal, yet in reality they could have gone the way of the Charlie Daniels Band or the Atlanta Rhythm Section: a couple of hits, then off to the county fair circuit. The truth is, we'll never know for sure, other than the impact the band initially had on what passes for country music today. Bands like Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker and yes, the Eagles laid the blueprint for much of today's country music.

Terry, I agree completely with you when it comes to what constitutes the Lynyrd Skynyrd of today. Shit, the Van Zandt brothers put out better records by themselves. But in a way, I find it sorta cool that a LS vehicle is out there, playing these classic tunes to younger generations as well as folks like me that enjoy hearing 'em. No, that band ain't coming back. Yet it's nice to be reminded from time to time that they once existed.
    I certainly understand why the original cover was a bit eerie, within the context of the band having the accident shortly afterwards.

They were just a great band, plain and simple. Sure, one will never know what would have happened had they not had the accident. The band got immortalized and mythologized. Kind of like how everybody raved about how "incredible" Double Fantasy was after Lennon was killed - understandable, although to me that album wasn't even as good as most of Lennon's solo stuff. Same with Hendrix, the Doors, etc. Any band or artist that dies while still in a productive period has the unintended benefit of being seen as forever young and/or talented. They don't have to struggle on and try to continue living up to their best material like, say, the Rolling Stones...or even Eddie Van Halen and Roth these days; trying to live up to a legend where with every passing year the past work is regarded as even greater than it was a year before.

It was kind of strange watching Skynyrd live a couple of years ago, and balancing the charges that the current incarnation is picking at a corpse, existing only so Gary Rossington's wife can go on shopping sprees against the fact that the band still sounded pretty good.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I thought the first reunion back in 1987 was done with respect and taste. Freebird was the last song and they had a huge video monitor that showed Ronnie and the rest of the deceased members. The whole crowd sang the song, not Johnie or the band. It was touching and they brought Allen Collins out in a wheelchair to give his blessings to the newly reformed band.

While they seem to still put on a great live show and all, I'm just not into seeing them anymore. They have put out a couple of decent tunes since the reformation but all in all after seeing them a few times it really lost it's appeal. The '87 show was awesome and fresh, can't really say that now.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Yeah, the 87 show was alright. And even the rock n roll hall of fame performance was OK, because they managed to get Ed King, Artemus Pyle, and Bob Burns on stage. Still not the REAL Skynyrd, but considerably better than the continuing joke using the name now. And now that Rossington is the only surviving band member still in the tribute band, they really need to pull the plug on this thing. Hell, even some of the SCAB band members are dead now!

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Nah.

OK people fuck themselves up everywhere. Hollywood has higher percentages.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know, Shoes. Is it that or does Hollywood just get more press. Percentage wise, more non-famous people fuck themselves up, they just don't make the front page when they do.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Holy shit. Not being much of a southern rock fan, I've never seen that before.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Holy shit. Not being much of a southern rock fan, I've never seen that before.
    Yep, I want to say that the album was two months old when the plane went down. They immediately pulled that cover.

Just as an interesting aside one month prior to the crash Aerosmith chartered that same plane. They were boarded and waiting for takeoff when an engine caught fire. It spooked them so bad they wouldn't fly on it even after the problem was squared away. Joe Perry said "It gave him a bad feeling"....

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I remember hearing something along the lines that it was the family and surviving members that had to threaten the Record Company to finally get that album covered pulled. Record exec's didn't want to incur the expense of pulling and reprinting the album cover.

There was a rockumentary about the ugly side of the band and a ton of dirt was revealed. The biggest ones I remember were Billy Powell never held Cassie Gains in his arms as she was dying, he made that up. That the current band can only tour with Ronnie's widow getting a huge cut and her permission. The current band from 87 on were more like hired musicians. I've searched for the TV show and still haven't found it. When I do I'll post the link.
    Last edited by kwame k; 12-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    I remember hearing something along the lines that it was the family and surviving members that had to threaten the Record Company to finally get that album covered pulled. Record exec's didn't want to incur the expense of pulling and reprinting the album cover.

There was a rockumentary about the ugly side of the band and a ton of dirt was revealed. The biggest ones I remember were Billy Powell never held Cassie Gains in his arms as she was dying, he made that up. That the current band can only tour with Ronnie's widow getting a huge cut and her permission. The current band from 87 on were more like hired musicians. I've searched for the TV show and still haven't found it. When I do I'll post the link.
    More than anything, it was Artimus Pyle who exaggerated his role in the crash. His behavior in the documentary was downright strange, such as refusing to be interviewed at his home (he'd meet the crew at gas stations or in restaurant parking lots). Come to find out, at the time he was sexually abusing both of his preteen (aged 4 and 8) daughters. Somehow, this stayed out of the news and was pretty much a local story, and even more alarming is he got away with it, with probation. He is still listed as a sex offender on the state's website: THOMAS DELMER PYLE-Florida Sexual Offender

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I don't even know if that is necessarily true from a statistical point of view.

Hollywood fuckups are just covered in the media on a wider national scale.

Check out your local news broadcasts any night of the week, and it's a regular fuckup parade of bank robbers, sad sacks down on their luck and the like.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't even know if that is necessarily true from a statistical point of view.

Hollywood fuckups are just covered in the media on a wider national scale.

Check out your local news broadcasts any night of the week, and it's a regular fuckup parade of bank robbers, sad sacks down on their luck and the like.
    Yeah but the bank robbers aren't anexoric, spoiled crackheads with too much money and low self-esteem issues. The town is populated with people who need and crave attention by definition. You want to blame it on higher media exposure, knock yourself out.

26. Thanked Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

Terry (12-27-2009)

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

wow Terry thanks me for that? I am humbled.

( and I typoed anorexic beautifully, don't you think?)

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Supposedly the husband didn't want the autopsy for religious reasons (it's against Jewish law) but here's the creepy thing.......

Apparently this guy first met Brittany when she was underage and says he fell in love with her then (he's considerably older), so he might be a bit of a Pedobear. He also was apparently a bit of a control freak. So who knows? This could potentially be something really fucked up.
    I remember reading that her husband was walking around an airport incoherently not too long ago, maybe a couple of months ago. Yeah, there's something up there me thinks.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    wow Terry thanks me for that? I am humbled.

( and I typoed anorexic beautifully, don't you think?)
    I could dig where you were coming from, hence the thanks.

Hey, I'm not a prick to the point where I can't give props to another point of view, even if I disagree with it.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post

This pic deserves another post.

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wonder what her muff looks like?

Candy Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by NATEDOG001976 View Post

Ever heard of being respectful of the dead? I know her life might look a bit sketchy lately, but give her a break.

33. Thanked Candy Girl for this KICKASS post:

Dan (12-29-2009)

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 10:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Geez! Why don't you go hunt down Cadaverdog and make some pupppies or something?

35. Thanked SparkieD for this KICKASS post:

Dan (12-29-2009)

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Girl View Post
    Ever heard of being respectful of the dead? I know her life might look a bit sketchy lately, but give her a break.
    i love the dead
    even when their cold
    no farewell
    no good bye

sick things.........my things......

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace diamond View Post
    i love the dead
    even when their cold
    no farewell
    no good bye
    One of my favorite Alice Cooper tunes. When it breaks into that 50s doo-wop section, it's brilliant. And the backing vocals are simply hilarious.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

One of my favorite Alice Cooper tunes. When it breaks into that 50s doo-wop section, it's brilliant. And the backing vocals are simply hilarious.
    great fucking song.
    an underrated classick!
    yup.
    agreed.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

The next time you start a, "why won't she fuck me and runs away after the second date?" thread, check this post for further info...

40. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Little Texan (12-31-2009)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkieD View Post
    Geez! Why don't you go hunt down Cadaverdog and make some pupppies or something?

Wow!

Thread Information