Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2015 @ 01:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Report: Arenas, crittenton pull guns in lockeroom argument

NEW YORK - Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Citing an anonymous source, the newspaper reports in Friday's edition the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources tell the Post.

Asked by the Post about the confrontation, Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton.

"This is unprecedented in the history of sports," Billy Hunter, executive director of the Player's Association, tells the Post. "I've never heard of players pulling guns on each other in a locker room."

The Wizards said on the night of Dec. 24 that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation. On Tuesday, Washington, D.C. police said they were investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center.

Now, the federal government is also involved. Ben Friedman, a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office in DC, tells the Post "we're working with the Metropolitan Police Department on the investigation."

Report: Arenas, Crittenton pull guns in lockeroom argument
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

i see the change from "Bullets" to "Wizards" has helped a lot.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

GO-SPURS-GO (01-02-2010)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm surprised Arenas hasn't found time to blog about it...

That guy has been a douchebag from day one...but pulling a gun in the locker room?

And the best has to be that the other guy had a fucking gun ready to roll.

I suppose it's only a matter of time until some dope comes out and says, "People just don't understand what it's like to be a pro athlete..."

Someone said that when Burress shot himself...can't remember who. My mind is saying Ray Lewis...but surely he wouldn't be that stupid...

Anyways...

I guess we're going back to the days of the Wild West...very nice...

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Stern better get a handle on the miscreants in the NBA - but he won't. He's weak.

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I'm surprised Arenas hasn't found time to blog about it...
    ".....Arenas responded with a flurry of messages on Twitter, at times making light of the news but also making one tweet that read somewhat like a denial: "I understand this is serious..but if u ever met me you know i dont do serious things im a goof ball this story today dont sound goofy to me."

Arenas later tweeted he couldn't talk about the report the way he wanted to. He did not respond to a text message left by The Associated Press. A message left for Crittenton's agent also was not returned.

The NBA and the Wizards would only confirm that an investigation is taking place -- and it's being led by law enforcement, not the league.

"There is an active investigation by D.C. law enforcement authorities, which we are monitoring closely," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said in a statement. "We are not taking any independent action at this time."

D.C. police said they are assisting the U.S. Attorney's Office in the matter. The Wizards said they are co-operating and they "take this situation and the ongoing investigation very seriously." The team had no further comment.

The Wizards and Arenas both have acknowledged that Arenas kept guns in his locker. The team has said the firearms were unloaded and kept in a locked container with no ammunition. Arenas has said he took his guns to the Verizon Center because he didn't want them in his house after the birth of his latest child. He said he later handed them over to team security to give to police.

"They just want to know where I got them from," Arenas said Tuesday night after a loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder. "They want to make sure they're not dirty guns."

But Yahoo! Sports and the New York Post, both citing unidentified sources, reported the investigation now involves Crittenton. The Post reported Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then reached for a gun, league security sources told the Post.

The nation's capital has some of the most strict gun laws in the nation. The NBA's collective bargaining agreement allows for players to legally possess firearms, but prohibits them at league facilities or when travelling on league business.

Pending the outcome of the investigation, Arenas and Crittenton both could face fines or suspensions from the NBA. Commissioner David Stern has taken a strong stance on guns, saying in 2006: "We think this is an alarming subject, that although you'll read players saying how they feel safer with guns, in fact those guns actually make them less safe. And it's a real issue."

Arenas was suspended for Washington's season opener in 2004 because he failed to maintain proper registration of a handgun while living in California in 2003. Arenas, in the second season of a US$111-million, six-year contract, formerly played for the Golden State Warriors.

Arenas didn't make the reports sound serious with his first tweet on the matter Friday: "i wake up this morning and seen i was the new JOHN WAYNE. ... Media is too funny."

Arenas, once known for his must-read blog, had vowed not to even use Twitter until he had one million followers. He broke his silence on New Year's Eve because he said it was taking too long to reach the goal. He had about 11,000 followers as of early Friday evening.

On Friday, he tweeted often, referencing the gun investigation while mixing in references to other topics.

"if ur not laughing i dont think u should follow me becuz im never serious and i will never not say anything dumb and silly," he wrote, before finally taking a break.

Arenas is averaging 22.7 points this season as he returns from knee surgeries that limited to 15 games over the previous two seasons. Crittenton has an injured left foot and hasn't played this season.

The reports are more bad news in a troublesome season for the Wizards, who are 10-20 and in last place in the Southeast Division."

Report: Arenas, Crittenton pull guns in locker room argument

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-02-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Both of those guys should be thrown in jail. If I cannot carry my .45 into my nations capitol to protect myself they shouldn't be allowed either. Who the fuck are they?!!! Worthless basketball players, big fucking deal! Fucking bullshit!!! Why are they not charged and arrested for having a handgun in DC? Only residents and criminals are allowed to have handguns in DC. Neither of these guys live in DC, do they? If they do I'm out of line here, but I'm betting they reside in Virginia or Maryland.
    I have to travel trough some ghetto ass areas of DC to get to the VA Hospital, and let me tell you it can be a very dangerous place to say the very least.
    It's too bad these asshats did not get the shooting part of the gun play.

A bet's a bet, asshole
    Last edited by VanHalener; 01-02-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalener View Post
    It's too bad these asshats did not get the shooting part of the gun play.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by High Life Man View Post
    Stern better get a handle on the miscreants in the NBA - but he won't. He's weak.
    He's got bigger problems. I don't believe these attendance numbers below as legit for one minute. Anyone who has watched any games on TV knows attendance is more like 11 k or less in more than half of the markets.

Miami with 17k average? Watch any game and it is half empty.

Nice to see Memphis with a documented 12k...which means it is closer to 4k.

Nice Job Stern. How's Vancouver looking right about now?

NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidFlamma View Post
    He's got bigger problems. I don't believe these attendance numbers below as legit for one minute. Anyone who has watched any games on TV knows attendance is more like 11 k or less in more than half of the markets.

Miami with 17k average? Watch any game and it is half empty.

Nice to see Memphis with a documented 12k...which means it is closer to 4k.

Nice Job Stern. How's Vancouver looking right about now?

NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN
    In all honesty...you take care of one problem, you help take care of another.

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    In all honesty...you take care of one problem, you help take care of another.
    Exactly.

I went to an NBA game last year. It was fun.

But not because of the basketball. We were in a suite full of drunks - there was food and drink and fun.

In front of the suite, a whole gang of ghetto thugs. Loud, obnoxious, N this, MF that. Would I want to spend a lot of money to take my family to a game - and have them be around this?

And it's not much better on the court. Gunplay, players quitting (AI), general thuggary.

Give me college bball anyday - there's heart, games mean something, there's actual respect for coaches and in March, it's anyone's trophy.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah HLM...

My son's first game was in Chapel Hill to see Carolina play...no interest in seeing an NBA game...and for exactly this reason...

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Shut down the NBA...and build more prisons.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Exactly.

I went to an NBA game last year. It was fun.
    i haven't gone in a couple years. i don't really need all the "entertainment" they have with the game now. the Cavs are winning, that's entertainment enough without all the screaming over the PA and shit.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    i haven't gone in a couple years. i don't really need all the "entertainment" they have with the game now. the Cavs are winning, that's entertainment enough without all the screaming over the PA and shit.
    I could have gone a couple of times over the past year...with free tickets...and nearly went...would be the only way...

I inquired about tickets, and was told the cheapest they have is $50 bucks...

I won't go see an NBA game for half that...not with a family anyways...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

the tix i got were free, our plant manager couldn't go and i just happened to be the first person he saw so he offered 'em to me. lower level in the corner, not bad.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

In front of the suite, a whole gang of ghetto thugs. Loud, obnoxious, N this, MF that.
    And I thought all these years the Otis Thorpes and Doug Wests of this world hated that there wasn't ebough KFCs and Taco Bells here.

Now I see we lacked the thug component so essential for an NBA city...thanks for the clarity gentlemen.

It was so bad, it turned Doug back to the bottle:

" The Vancouver Grizzlies are committed to guard Doug West, who said yesterday that he will seek treatment for depression and alcohol abuse. West said he would enter treatment this week with the help of the NBA Players Association. Grizzlies coach Stu Jackson said he expected West's treatment to take about three weeks. The Minnesota Timberwolves sent West to Vancouver on Wednesday for guard Anthony Peeler"

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/d...8/zzzspcap.htm
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 01-03-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Thread Information