Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Number of Superbowl wins the Chargers have: 0

Nice try.
    HA! Spoken like a true Bronco fan! Denver has been getting scraped off of LaDanian Tomlinsons cleats for the last how many years?? No small wonder you're bitter. The only chance the Chiefs, the Raiders, and the Donkeys have of winning the division....is if they get placed in another division. The Chargers own the pink slips to all 3 teams and that will not change anytime soon. I can clearly see where your bitterness comes from.

They (your Broncos) actually still had an ice cubes chance in hell if they had just beat KC yesterday, but.....they couldn't even do that.....they failed!

Your opinion....to me...is only as good as Devers record!

get over your anger and provide us with some real insight please........

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I look at this Charger team and think if they just had the one extra ingredient...heart, drive, experience, luck, who knows....
    It's coaching....they have heart and drive. Hell, their last 11 wins in a row, and jumping from 2-3 to 13-3, makes them fucking dangerous. Baltimore will get punk'd, so will Cincy, the Colts, and anyone else that gets 'put' in the way.

The Bolts are like the Eagles....they'll keep bangin' on the Championship door 'til it finally falls off the hinges.

Tenacity, bitches!!!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    I actually like the Bolts' chances this year of finally making it to the big show....
    I still say they won't get that far. The problem or, rather the major problem with the Chargers is Rivers.

While the guy may be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league he turns into a paper tiger under pressure letting his hot head and bloated ego run the game other then his common sense. You see him do this all the time when a defense disrupts his rhythm, throwing his whole scheme off balance. Rivers ends up crying like a little bitch pacing up and down the sidelines in anger and when the rest of his team sees that, how much confidence are they going to have in themselves? And Tuner is of no value. To me that guy is one innocuous coach if there ever was one (next to the old dude who coaches The Giants) who stands there with his mouth open, face blank and mind numb when getting his ass kicked. So if Rivers doesn't take away a team's edge, Tuner will finish the job, no problem.

As for the Cowboys. I could care less. Always hated that whole "America's Team" moniker complied on top of that dung heap that is their owner. If the Cowboys are going to pull it off it'll all rest on the shoulders of Romo who always seems to be the last person to know how he is before a game. Wade Phillips is candy floss - are sugar coating and no substance or flavor. They'll be eliminated by the second round.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HA! Spoken like a true Bronco fan!
    I'm not a Bronco fan! They have a LOT of problems that will take years to work out most of it being a Shanahan Stockholm Syndrome among the fans and his drafted players and a deep hatred for a young coach who can't seem to get over his own Napoleonic complex.

And Tomlinson - so what? He is past his prime and has clearly demonstrated this in several games with Sprools picking up the slack. So you get over your chauvinistic shit and tell me something I don't know.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kristy View Post
    yaa better ask somebodayyyy!
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not a Bronco fan! They have a LOT of problems that will take years to work out most of it being a Shanahan Stockholm Syndrome among the fans and his drafted players and a deep hatred for a young coach who can't seem to get over his own Napoleonic complex.

And Tomlinson - so what? He is past his prime and has clearly demonstrated this in several games with Sprools picking up the slack. So you get over your chauvinistic shit and tell me something I don't know.
    What team IS your team if you don't support the local team? Were you a Broncos fan when John Elway was still in the picture and they were winning Super Bowls?

We've established that you hate the Cowboys, Chargers, and hometown Broncos, so do you have a favorite team?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, not at the moment. I sit on the fence when it comes to the NFL.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still say they won't get that far. The problem or, rather the major problem with the Chargers is Rivers.

While the guy may be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league he turns into a paper tiger under pressure letting his hot head and bloated ego run the game other then his common sense. You see him do this all the time when a defense disrupts his rhythm, throwing his whole scheme off balance. Rivers ends up crying like a little bitch pacing up and down the sidelines in anger and when the rest of his team sees that, how much confidence are they going to have in themselves? And Tuner is of no value. To me that guy is one innocuous coach if there ever was one (next to the old dude who coaches The Giants) who stands there with his mouth open, face blank and mind numb when getting his ass kicked. So if Rivers doesn't take away a team's edge, Tuner will finish the job, no problem.
    You have a valid point, being a Charger fan (to the bone), I have witnessed that, and will even co-sign that to an extent. Rivers was a hot-head, and talks a helluva lot of shit (he's an Alabama boy....what are ya' gonna do?). I think experience over the last couple of seasons have calmed him down a bit.....he has poise, and with so many arsenals at his disposal, I just can't see him fucking this up. He is at the helm of one of the most lethal and explosive offenses I have ever seen.....Jackson, Floyd, Gates, Sproles, etc.....it's like the guy has the keys to a goddamn Ferrari to go up and down the field as he pleases. The only thing stopping him.....is himself! But I think he has matured with time and experience.

No way you can hold Schottenheimers "conservative" bullshit football against us. (at least I hope not)......those days are gone. The rest of the team have a specific goal, and Rivers knows after so many seasons, that alot of it rests on his shoulders....this year in particular, I have seen him restrain from menstrual outbursts that cost the Chargers victory. He has matured, whether he wanted to or not, I think he's finally realized that it's not about him....but about the team.

Whether you like them or not.....that's not the point....the Chargers are undisputably the most talented team in the NFL, bar none, and if for some reason they don't make it this year, they have no one to blame but themselves.

too much fuckin' talent.....they have to make it happen.....NOW!!!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the Chargers are undisputably the most talented team in the NFL...
    They are the most talented team in the AFC West. Which isn't saying a whole lot considering the competition. They are also aging and Tomlinson doesn't have the speed and agility that he once did. Their reign won't last much longer. Wait and see if they face Indy, Peyton is going to carve them up like a Christmas ham.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, not at the moment. I sit on the fence when it comes to the NFL.
    Personally, I'm at that point myself. Look, I spent untold dollars as a season ticket holder for the Miami Dolphins. For cryin' out loud, for a period I lived within rock throwing distance of the Davie Training Facility. I've lived and died with the aqua and orange since sometime in 1969...

And I'm done. Add up the years of devotion and heartbreak, of victory and sorrow. Of wasted opportunities and bleating about the past. Honestly? I stopped caring roughly 5 years ago. I stopped attending games, scarcely attended camp. At this point I rarely option either. You just reach a point in life where it simply ceases to matter. Yeah, I'm gonna be 50 soon. Perhaps you will feel the same way about nonsense that you ultimately can not control. Thing is, yup, I care deeply about the past. That is probably because it meant so much to me as I was a part of it. At this stage however, I'm like Kristy (and forgive me for putting words in your mouth, but) as it just doesn't seem all that worth the bother.

I highly doubt that Pete Rozelle's idea of "parity" in football meant that felons would be playing it, mediocre performance, along with inept and at times questionable ownership of teams.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the longest time weren't the Dolphins pretty much a one-trick pony team? By that I mean Dan Marino. Even though he was a remarkable player (one of the NFL's best) the Dolphins seemed to be lost when he retired never taking them to the Promise Land. They also seem to get a fair share of draft picks year after year who also never end up going anywhere. Is it the ownership? Bad GM choices?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the longest time weren't the Dolphins pretty much a one-trick pony team? By that I mean Dan Marino. Even though he was a remarkable player (one of the NFL's best) the Dolphins seemed to be lost when he retired never taking them to the Promise Land. They also seem to get a fair share of draft picks year after year who also never end up going anywhere. Is it the ownership? Bad GM choices?
    It comes from a combination of arrogance and total ineptitude, which defines the front office dealings of roughly 70% of the NFL. Ultimately, what you see on the field is governed by the ownership of the team, through an odd legislative process. Just because a fellow is named GM, does not mean he will have the full service of that title. And this is 2010. The disparity between players (the work force) and ownership (the bosses) has not been so clearly defined since the first days of the AFL. This disparity will lead to a strike in 2011, resulting in a work stoppage that if not seriously considered at a meeting Tuesday morning, may change football as we know it in this country.

The stakes are that high. Look at the NFL. It is arguably the most successful money making enterprise on the planet. All of it could not only be thrown into jeopardy, yet thrown out the window entirely because of the greed of a handful of owners.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 01-05-2010 at 12:13 AM.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They are also aging and Tomlinson doesn't have the speed and agility that he once did. Their reign won't last much longer.

That's what really eats at me the most. I just can't accept that he has lost a step. I guess that's the life of a running back though. So fucking good, but it goes by way too damn fast. LaDanian is only 30. Dang. Sure has been a helluva lot of fun to watch him though.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jeez... does Big Fat Rex have to run-in and hit someone in the head with a chair to get a mention in this playoff thread?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You guys need some Super Bowl rings ??

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My prediction for this weekend's winners.

Jets
    Dallas
    New England
    Green Bay
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...ESPN is reporting that Randy Moss was absent from today's practice for NE's game against the Ravens. Another source (Boston Herald) has mentioned that Moss was seen with ice bags on his knee earlier in the week.

Moss not spotted at start of practice
    By Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Receiver Randy Moss was not spotted at the start of today's practice as the Patriots continue preparations for Sunday's playoff matchup against the Ravens.

Moss had full participation in practices on Wednesday and Thursday.

By 4 p.m., the Patriots will submit a full injury report which will also detail the level of participation that each player has in practice. Moss's status should become clearer at that time.

In addition to Moss, reserve center/guard Dan Connolly (ankle) was also not present at the start of the session. Connolly, who has missed practice all week, has made his mark of late as a power fullback, a role that first-year lineman Ryan Wendell could potentially fill.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jets
    Philly
    New England
    Green Bay
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 01-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Indy/New Orleans Superbowl
    ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!

Talk about "Never Happen."

Maybe Indy will get in but they've been exposed. Just in a game by game perspective. I'll go with Brady any day. As for The Aints. Never, ever gonna happen.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cowboys
    Packers
    Ravens
    Bengals

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bengals
    Baltimore
    Dallas
    Arizona

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Cowboys
    Packers

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Jets
    Philly
    New England
    Arizona
    geez dude..you are gonna be 0-4

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    geez dude..you are gonna be 0-4
    I changed it from Arizona to Green Bay... Boldin's out.....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Cowboys
    Packers
    Good call on the Bengals game......Mr. "You're going to miss them all..."
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's to you Marvin Lewis, you fucking homo...for sitting your entire team last week...getting the shit kicked out of you this week...and continuing the Bengals road to fucking nowhere.

The Steelers lost to you twice, but still manage to be better than you...even though they didn't make the playoffs.

Fucking joke...

Lewis should be canned...and the team should be caned..

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Here's to you Marvin Lewis, you fucking homo...for sitting your entire team last week...getting the shit kicked out of you this week...and continuing the Bengals road to fucking nowhere.

The Steelers lost to you twice, but still manage to be better than you...even though they didn't make the playoffs.

Fucking joke...

You should have read the local paper here today. Three different writers were just about canonizing the guy as coach of the year. I remember reading it this morning and saying to myself "Yup, that's the kiss of death, right there."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Coach of the year because of the Henry deal I'm guessing...

Either way...he fucked up, and sayonara Bengals...

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good call on the Bengals game......Mr. "You're going to miss them all..."
    yeah..I missed that one..but Im loving this ass whipping Dallas is laying on Philly. We absolutely own McNabb

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not watching...but recording right now...so don't tell me the score...

Of course...you're making it sound like it's 28-0 in the first half...

I'd have picked the Cowboys in this game...by the way.

I can't fucking stand the Eagles...overrated...

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Eagles will destroy the Cowboys
    Excellent prediction...

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fucking joke...

Next year the Bengals come back healthy and they job your Shitsburgh Steroids again. If the Bengals don't sweep you, I'll go $50. But if they do, you have to change your name to POJO_Cinco.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Holy crap! The Ravens are up 21-0 with 4 minutes to go in the first quarter. I'd thought they would do well, but this is nuts.

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Holy crap!!!
    We're on a mission from ROTH

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    UPDATE: 15 seconds to go in the first quarter, Ravens up 24 - 0 , and the Patriots are being booed in their own stadium!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    24-7 now...

For as much as I love seeing the Pats get booed at home, this game ain't over by a long shot.....

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Change The Fucking Broken Record,ACE.

Do You Hear It?........Go Packers Go.
    not going to happen.
    arizona is going to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Did Moss just give up this year? Really seems like he doesn't give a shit.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alas poor Belichick, we knew you well...

Thread Information