X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    I ignored him. He was at Dean Markley booth because Loud Technologies / Ampeg was bankrupt.

Did see his tech wed. picking up his passes.. hibye no chitchat though. I don't think Ed went this year - no reason to if he's busy recording.
    Unless this is from last year, I'd say he was there.

This space for rent.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Your lucky if your Behringer stuff lasts in the bedroom. Take it on the road and it self destructs. I actually watched a Behringer bass amp go up in smoke. The power stages take a beating because they have to put out a lot of juice and still keep the headroom. Bass frequencies just eat up cheap power stages. I would avoid Behringer and Hartk like the plague. Especially if you are taking the stuff around to gigs. It just doesn't hold up.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I tired that new Carvin light weight bass head with the preamp tube you can switch in or out. The thing is great. You can nail any tone and it's $400. MADE IN USA too. I notice Peavey is making their stuff in China. A lot of it. Only the high end is USA made so I'm leaning to Carvin now. I've used their mixers and they are great. If you can't tell I'm in a MADE IN USA kick.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I watched an interview with Hartley and he said he could have sold Peavey off a long time ago and retired a rich man. He says he stays in the business because he still enjoys it. His philosophy is to use new technology to create a quality, affordable product that's useful. He's not so much into selling nostalgia or image. He's into technology and doing something different. I really don't think Gibson fits into Hartley's business model.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

In an interview he was showing the Peavey custom shop. He kind of seemed bored and said he had 45 years of tube amp building experience and it really wasn't anything new but customers are interested in boutique amps so they decided to get into the business of doing that. Where he clearly was excited was that new tube bass head with the switchable power supply. Also, the new light weight power amps. He's into new things and he was really excited about that new power supply technology which his engineer on his payroll exclusively designed for Peavey. He went into all the problems with such supplies and how it took them years to get it right and reliable.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Gibson is a nostalgia, high end brand. In a way, so is Fender. Those companies are about selling the old designs of the 50's and 60's. They may innovate those designs but it's still Les Paul's, SG's, Flying V's, Explorers, Stratocasters, Telecasters, Jazz Basses, Precision basses ect... They sell nostalgia. Harley Davidson did the same thing in their marketing. Take old technology and put a modern spin on it. It's basically selling childhood dreams and memories more than technology.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido

Yes Ed was there...

Gar made a special guest appearance in his imagination...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Gibson is a nostalgia, high end brand. In a way, so is Fender. Those companies are about selling the old designs of the 50's and 60's. They may innovate those designs but it's still Les Paul's, SG's, Flying V's, Explorers, Stratocasters, Telecasters, Jazz Basses, Precision basses ect... They sell nostalgia. Harley Davidson did the same thing in their marketing. Take old technology and put a modern spin on it. It's basically selling childhood dreams and memories more than technology.
                  no shit, my '02 ultra came with a fuckin' cassette player.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    Yes Ed was there...

Gar made a special guest appearance in his imagination...
                    ....and told Eddie all the things he did wrong on his new guitar
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Very cool thread, J. Thanks for all the pictures!
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                        Sniper
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by GAR
                        Those guitars ranged in quality, they had a couple that were well built and a few that were roughly formed and really bad.

.. and then you get these tramps in the way of the aisle. That booth wasnt' really well planned out for space at all.
                        GAR STFU You know you'd kill to bang those women.

Hell, I know I would... :tongue0011:
                        Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150

Hell, I know I would... :tongue0011:
                          ....dude Gar's a repressed pedo homo.....thank God you're 14 and too old for him to go hitting on you
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido

Same booth as last year, but he didn't look like that then. And I don't think Scott Ian was there last year either so he musta been there!

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Phew.....glad you cleared that up, Clay.....cause we all know your word here is good

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                                Fame, women, fortune.. let me tell you something I've had all that and the only thing that escapes me that I'd really really wanted is peace and quiet anymore - mainly because I can't have that.

Comment

Working...