Thread: Post Christmas Blu-ray Shopping Spree

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Post Christmas Blu-ray Shopping Spree

I have a real bad habit of buying blu-rays/dvds and never watching them... so of course this didn't stop me from going out and buying a handful of them today.
    Barnes and Noble had a 'Buy 2 get 1 Free' thing going on so I picked up...

Gimme Shelter (BR) - I don't think I ever watched the DVD version of this that I bought the same year I bought the PS2 (2000).
    The Who Live At The Isle of Wight 1970 (BR) - Still haven't watched the 1977 Kilburn blu-ray yet.
    Halloween 2 (BR) - Never made it to the theaters to see this one. I did watch the blu-ray I have of Zombie's first Halloween... (no wait I rented the blu-ray and watched it then picked up a used blu-ray and never watched that one)... still haven't watched the blu-rays I have of the original Halloween, House of 1000 Corpses or The Devil's Rejects.
    Rolling Stones Live At The Max (BR) - Did you get this one Two? I'll definitely check this one out. It's supposed to look killer on blu-ray since it was shot with IMAX cameras. Still haven't watched my Shine A Light blu-ray (or the Biggest Bang dvd set or the Four Flicks dvd set either).
    The Black Crowes - Warpaint Live (BR) & Cabin Fever (DVD) - I did watch 'Into The Fog' on blu-ray. I'm looking forward to watching 'Cabin Fever'... wish they put that one out on blu-ray.

Got them all for less than 100 bucks.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This really was a waste of money... between the playoffs, 24, Big Love, American Idol, Law & Order SVU, Celebrity Rehab, CSI, new All Star Survivor in February and a bunch of movies on my hard drive (Jennifer's Body, Last House On The Left 2009, District 9, Avatar, Inglorius Basterds, Star Trek 2009 and more) I'll probably never get round to watching these. I need to get sick or have an operation or something that will force me to free up some spare time for myself.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

i haven't got At The Max on BR yet, Best Buy didn't have it but maybe i'll check Barnes and Noble. i saw it in IMAX back when it came out, Cedar Point ran it in their theater and we decided to get out of the sun for a couple hours. that was the first tour i saw the Stones on too so it's probably my favorite of the official live sets, at least for the sentimental value.

i did find the Batman collection and the 5-disc Blade Runner BR sets at a used store for about half of what Best Buy wanted. they had The Last Waltz a couple weeks before but i passed on it, and when i got the other two it was gone.

i rented Star Trek off the PS Store, it was okay. but then it's pretty well known that i am more Star Wars than Star Trek.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm figuring 'Let's Spend The Night Together' will be released on blu-ray eventually. I caught it on Palladia (the HD MTV, VH1 channel) a few times.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

i dunno, depends on who owns the rights. IMDB says Universal put it out on DVD in the Netherlands, so maybe it will hit BR.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    This really was a waste of money... between the playoffs, 24, Big Love, American Idol, Law & Order SVU, Celebrity Rehab, CSI, new All Star Survivor in February and a bunch of movies on my hard drive (Jennifer's Body, Last House On The Left 2009, District 9, Avatar, Inglorius Basterds, Star Trek 2009 and more) I'll probably never get round to watching these. I need to get sick or have an operation or something that will force me to free up some spare time for myself.
    holy crap, dude. with my schedule, if i had to keep up with all those, i'd be doing more downloading than watching. you are torrenting some of those shows...aren't you?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Man, the continuous camera shot at the end of Shine A Light blew my mind...as the camera follows Mick backstage, out the stage door, then lifts off and zooms out until it is up in the air looking over Manhattan...that fucking camera shot was pure genius!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    holy crap, dude. with my schedule, if i had to keep up with all those, i'd be doing more downloading than watching. you are torrenting some of those shows...aren't you?
    I use the DVR

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just pre-ordered 'The Kids Are Alright' and 'Under Great White Northern Lights (White Stripes)' on blu-ray through Amazon... both are due in March sometime... and no, I haven't watched any of the videos I picked up in the first post of this thread.

Thread Information