I hate American Idol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate American Idol.

Can't stand this shit that gets pushed every year from Rupert Murdoch. Trotting out every year is this shitty ass excuse of a show that makes it a goal of finding the next "music" superstar..which pretty much translate to whomever the most 12 year old girls, joe thunder and steve savicki find the cutest. And no, it doesn't just stick to one channel at one time slot, for months on end you get subjected to some lame brain dj's and local anchormen and women talking this show up.

And worst yet, I guess Simon Cowel is subjecting america to more of the same complete and utter shit with "The X-factor", which I assume is the same damn show under a different wrapper.

I cannot wait until this shit is over.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Funny...

I always assumed you were Adam Lambert.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Originally posted by LoungeMachine View Post
      Funny...

I always assumed you were Adam Lambert.

Dick.

Auctually word is, I recall on another site (Something Awful) claimed that his whole deal was simply to troll the entire country by singing terrible and looking like a culture club/poison reject.

Comment

Originally posted by Unchainme View Post
        Dick.

Auctually word is, I recall on another site (Something Awful) claimed that his whole deal was simply to troll the entire country by singing terrible and looking like a culture club/poison reject.
        No, that was kwame.

easy mistake
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

It's pretty much like Star Search...minus the talent and Johnny Carson's drunk sidekick.

I dunno. Find I just don't give much of a shit about contemporary pop culture anymore.

I can certainly see why TMZ-style journalism has become so popular; the offstage/offcamera lives of today's celebrities, while nothing unique or spectacular, are far more interesting than the records/tv shows/movies they are involved with.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

My biggest problem with the show (and there are many) is that ever since Bo Bice was on, they pick some complete tool every year, like Chris Daughtry, and anoint him "the rocker". Then he goes out and does karaoke versions, and bad ones I may add, of great rock tunes. At this point I have to explain to my kids that the AI version sucks, that ain't rock and roll, and how that show is actually killing rock and roll.

It is a vicious cycle....
            "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

Australian Idol sucks too....

Dunno if its the same, but the winners dont receive any
              royalties from album 1, which of course is the only
              one that ever generates sales. They sign away this
              right to Sony/bmg to participate.

One ex contestant just spilled the beans here,,,,,,

Bit of a Rort if you ask me.
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

What do I get if a break into the American Idol studios with a flame thrower and take care of business?
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                  What do I get if a break into the American Idol studios with a flame thrower and take care of business?

20 years to life.....just wear a Will Hung T shirt while you do it....they'll say you're too incompetent to stand trial.
                  Last edited by hideyoursheep; 01-18-2010, 06:59 AM.

Comment

This here was kind of interesting, though...did you catch this cat?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT1wdjlbyFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT1wdjlbyFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Interesting back story to "The General", though...this guy tells you to get your pants off the ground, I fucking suggest strongly that you do it...

General Larry Platt: A Real American Idol - Reality Rocks

General Larry Platt: A Real American Idol
                      Posted Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53pm PST by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks

This week on American Idol, 62-year-old novelty rapper General Larry Platt upstaged all the "real" singers on the Atlanta auditions episode with his instantly viral hit, "Pants On The Ground." But Platt is not just some William Hungian TV clown angling for 15 minutes of YouTube fame. His real legacy in fact extends all the way back to the '60s, when he was a teenage crusader for the Civil Rights Movement in Georgia.

That's right: General Larry Platt isn't just a wannabe American Idol, he's a bona fide American hero. The man was even honored with his own holiday in Atlanta, Larry Platt Day, on September 4, 2001, for his "priceless and immeasurable contributions to society" and "his great energy and commitment to equality and the protection of the innocent and for his outstanding service to the Atlanta community and the citizens of Georgia."

On that fateful day, the Georgia General Assembly declared: "For the past 40 years, Larry Platt has given of himself in service to the people of the City of Atlanta, the State of Georgia, and the nation...Larry Platt merits the highest recognition for his many valuable contributions to the Civil Rights Movement and his dedication to the struggle for equality and human rights."

Platt was actually a student of Martin Luther King Jr. back in the day, which makes the timing of his sudden fame quite interesting, given that next Monday is MLK Day. In the early '60s when he was only 16 (see the 16-year-old Platt in the photograph here; he's the one on the far left), he worked with activist groups like the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee and Southern Christian Leadership Conference to fight racial segregation in the South. He was even beaten while participating in the infamous "Bloody Sunday" protest march from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama.

During that time, according to an article in USA Today about the unlikely "overnight celebrity," Platt actually got his "General" nickname from prominent civil rights leader Reverend Hosea Williams, who was impressed by his valiant efforts. The General remains a community activist to this day, working with the United Youth Adult Conference (a volunteer organization set up to find missing children in the Atlanta area) and fighting public foreclosures.

Somewhat sadly, General Larry Platt may now be forever better known as the "Pants On The Ground Guy," rather than for his years of activism. But if his American Idol fame draws more public attention to his heroic past and what he's stood for all his life, then in way his audition will be far more important and impactful than the one by whoever ends up winning American Idol this year.

Plus, admit it: "Pants On The Ground" is a darn good song. Really, every day should be Larry Platt Day.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

You would think people would be getting tired of laughing at retards by now.

Apart from the shitty music that is created at the end of the process there is something pretty immoral about have teams of researchers tell completely untalented people who are often weak minded that they are great.

They keep repeating to them how good they are through the early non televised rounds so that they can wheel them out to Cowell and his panel to be laughed at and humiliated in front of millions.

Kind of shitty medieval thing to do to people. At least the village idiot used to know who he was, he didn't have a bunch of people telling him he was brilliant until he built himself up a bit and then have it all kicked away from him by a grinning cunt who has never been connected with a single decent piece of music.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                          You would think people would be getting tired of laughing at retards by now.
                          i thought that was what kept these sites going...
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                            Kind of shitty medieval thing to do to people. At least the village idiot used to know who he was, he didn't have a bunch of people telling him he was brilliant until he built himself up a bit and then have it all kicked away from him by a grinning cunt who has never been connected with a single decent piece of music.
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You know, they really do provide a useful purpose.

Comment

What kills me is the absurd age restrictions for performers on the show. Why are only people between the ages of 16 and 28 allowed to compete? Surely a great portion of the viewing audience is beyond 30, so why shouldn't their age group be represented? Oddly enough, the show's producers require no restrictions upon the age of people watching the damned thing, now do they?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
                              X