'I've still got some injuries, so I won't be able to do my usual David Lee Roth routine,' he tells MTV News.

A little more than a month ago, Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo was involved in a bus accident that sent him and his assistant to the hospital with multiple injuries. His doctors told him it wasn't safe to keep touring, so the band was forced to cancel the remaining dates in support of Raditude. But on Wednesday night (January 20), Cuomo makes his triumphant return to the stage at the T-Mobile CLIQ Challenge Concert at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida.

Though doctors have cleared him to perform, Cuomo admitted that he will be relying a bit more on crowd energy than normal at the show. "I'm going to ask the crowd to step it up tonight," he told MTV News during a phone call Wednesday afternoon. "I've still got some injuries, so I won't be able to do my usual David Lee Roth routine."

Cuomo describes the accident — which left him with cracked ribs and injuries to his spleen and lungs — as an experience he's still trying to process. "I remember waking up as the bus was swerving, and I didn't think anything of it, because the bus has swerved so many times and nothing bad has ever happened," he said. "And the next thing I remember, the accident was over, and I couldn't move. I could barely speak. I was trapped there, and I couldn't move at all, and it was really scary. I was definitely thinking, 'Well, maybe this is it for me. Maybe I'm on the way out here.' But I don't remember any impact. I'm about to go under this 45-day meditation retreat, and one of the things that happens to me in these courses is that my memory gets razor-sharp, so I'm expecting that a lot of the accident is going to come back to me."

Weezer's Rivers Cuomo Talks About Returning To The Stage Tonight - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News