X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Great game and kudos to New Orleans. Not just the team but to their fans and city.

I like (if just for this instant) that The Saints are being referred to as "America's Team" as opposed to the fucking Cowpies!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

And the point of those Danica Patrick 'Go Daddy' commercials? I don't get it. What is the selling point? Lame sexism or a web hosting domain? Where are the male Indy drivers draped over their vehicles in thongs or fronting pseudo-homosexuality on massage tables?

Or perhaps Danica is a open exhibitionist who gets off on the thought of men masturbating to her pics much less her poorly written and directed commercials. I'd give her some respect if she would admit it.
      Last edited by Kristy; 02-08-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Mushroom
        Commando
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
        And the point of those Danica Patrick 'Go Daddy' commercials? I don't get it. What is the selling point? Lame sexism or a web hosting domain? Where are the male Indy drivers draped over their vehicles in thongs or fronting pseudo-homosexuality on massage tables?

Or perhaps Danica is a open exhibitionist who gets off on the thought of men masturbating to her pics much less her poorly written and directed commercials. I'd give her some respect if she would admit it.
        you weren't happy with the dockers commercial (men in underwear) or the monsterjobs.com commerical (men in underwear), or 60 minutes of football (men in tight uniforms all shapes and sizes)?

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

None of those were trying to be a man-on-man relationships.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
            None of those were trying to be a man-on-man relationships.
            would that have made you happy?
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

Another great year of NFL football. Congrats to the Saints and all their fans. That was a long time coming. They should be right their at or near the top for quite a while. If their defense continues to improve, look out.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MAX
                I like (if just for this instant) that The Saints are being referred to as "America's Team" as opposed to the fucking Cowpies!!!
                Of course that hasn't been true for about 15 years now....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  Almost right...

When the BROWNS win the Superbowl

fixed it for you.

Cleveland is cursed.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Of course that hasn't been true for about 15 years now....
                    Eh, a lot of my friends who are Cowpies fans (why is it that 99% of Cowpies fans are also Yankmee's fans? Coincidence? I think not!!!) still refer to them as "America's Team." Friggin' fruitcakes.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                      Eh, a lot of my friends who are Cowpies fans (why is it that 99% of Cowpies fans are also Yankmee's fans? Coincidence? I think not!!!) still refer to them as "America's Team." Friggin' fruitcakes.
                      Blame John Facenda and Steve Sabol on that.

Really, I don't think the Cowboys are alone in having a big fanbase across the country and the world. I've seen the Steelers have a pretty massive one, along with the Saints and Broncos, and the Browns despite them being terrible, auctually still have a pretty big following as well.
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Now this is classy. Talk about sore losers...

Indianapolis Colts' homecoming brings out 11 people to airport

By Kevin O'Neal, The Indianapolis Star

The end of the Indianapolis Colts' season came down to 11 people.

Not the 11 players on the field during the Super Bowl, but the 11 who showed up at Indianapolis International Airport on a cold, snowbound Monday afternoon, when the team returned following their 31-17 defeat Sunday by the New Orleans Saints at Super Bowl XLIV in Miami.

"Win or lose, they're still our team," said Brownsburg resident Karen Calhoun, who carried a "Where's the parade" sign.

The small group huddled together in the snow outside the closed Express Mail sorting facility at the airport, where the Colts' planes arrived around 4 p.m. Monday — a Boeing 757 for the official party and an Airbus 330 for the team.

Each plane's arrival was little different than the arrival of a scheduled flight at the main terminal across the airfield. The planes rolled onto the ramp, and the passengers trudged down air stairs and onto waiting buses, while crews unloaded equipment into rental trucks.

The buses left the ramp without a word from anyone on the team. The closest any of the 11 fans got to the Colts was the other side of a security fence several hundred feet away.

Despite the subdued, isolated arrival, the few who watched from a distance were still enthusiastic about their team.

"We wanted to show our civil pride," said Paul Calhoun, Karen Calhoun's husband, who wore a No. 33 jersey, the number worn by defensive back Melvin Bullitt, who made five tackles on Sunday.

"We still beat out 30 other teams," added Marilyn Kurek, Lebanon, who wore a Colts cap and scarf to fend off the 27-degree chill.

Enthusiasm for the team, in spite of the loss, also was shown by Greenwood resident Ceara Robertson, who wore a handmade "I love Pierre" shirt and carried a sign to show she's a fan of wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who caught five passes in the Super Bowl, including the Colts' only touchdown pass of the game.

"He is the most amazingest player and has such grace on the field," Robertson said.

By the time the last buses had left the ramp, the few fans had already walked back to their cars and headed to someplace warm, to wait for the next season.

Indianapolis Colts' homecoming brings out 11 people to airport - USATODAY.com

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ceara Robertson is the most stupidestier fan.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MAX
                            It's not even close nowadays...

Steeler Nation easily is top dog in the NFL, and has been for quite a few years now...

Rarely do you see the Steelers go to an away game and not see thousands and thousands of Steelers fans....

Always near the top of merchandise sales....

Steelers bars in every major city IN THE FUCKING WORLD....

Not to mention those 6 Super Bowl trophies.... :tongue0011:

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2006

The Dallas Cowboys are worth more money than any other sports franchise in the world. The Cowboys sell more merchandise every year, than any other team in th league and we all know the Cowboys haven't been very good most of those years. Their owner drops 1.2 BILLION on a stadium during one of the biggest recessions in American history, so I would say there must be a pretty big fan base. That's why theyare still refered to as Americas team. I understand the dislike of it, but it aint going away. Oh, and Va, you being a Steelers fan, you guys hold the upper hand with 6 rings, so you have the right to talk smack to anyone in the league, but look out Dallas is right behind you and looking good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Just because their owner is loaded, which is obviously good for the Cowboys and their fans with a brand new stadium, does not make them "America's Team"....

I won't deny that the Cowboys do travel well also, especially in NFC East cities, but the Steelers have easily surpassed them.... Doesn't matter where it is, Washington, Florida, California, Denver, you see thousands and thousands of Terrible Towels....

And lastly, congratulations TK, your team finally won a playoff game for the first time since '96, but I'd lay odds that the Steelers get Super Bowl trophy #7 before the Cowboys get #6....

The only people that still refer to the Cowboys as "America's Team" are the Cowboys and their fans....

Comment

Working...