Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

The only people that still refer to the Cowboys as "America's Team" are the Cowboys and their fans....
    LOL VA, that is probably true and we know how everbody hates it. It isn't easy being a Dallas fan, but I haven't missed a Cowboys game in 19 years. Not one. I was in Pittsburgh at Heinz Field the year before last when the Steelers came back late in the 4th quarter for the win. My best buddy lives in the Burgh and we partied all weekend but that loss was devastating.

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Just because their owner is loaded, which is obviously good for the Cowboys and their fans with a brand new stadium, does not make them "America's Team"....

I won't deny that the Cowboys do travel well also, especially in NFC East cities, but the Steelers have easily surpassed them.... Doesn't matter where it is, Washington, Florida, California, Denver, you see thousands and thousands of Terrible Towels....

And lastly, congratulations TK, your team finally won a playoff game for the first time since '96, but I'd lay odds that the Steelers get Super Bowl trophy #7 before the Cowboys get #6....

The only people that still refer to the Cowboys as "America's Team" are the Cowboys and their fans....
      To be fair man, there is s significant amount of band wagon fans that sprout up.

The old "pink-roethlisberger" jerseys I used to bitch about in the past are a clear example of that. Not denying that the Steelers have a lot of diehards, but a lot of times, you'll see someone wearing Steeler gear one day in my area, and following a Browns victory or a down period for the franchise (the early 2000's somewhat come to mind), you won't see nearly as much, as say, when they're in the AFCCG or Super Bowl for that matter.

And the Cowboys are just as guilty of this for that matter. I think that both teams are more like the Celtics/Lake show of the NFL, in more ways the one.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I couldn't disagree with you more, bro...

Now, if we were talking about the Penguins, that may have some credence, but NOT the Steelers, absolutely not....

Are there exceptions ?? Of course, but for the most part, Steelers fans are that way coming out of the fucking womb.... And they stay that way....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• MAX
          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          It's not even close nowadays...

Steeler Nation easily is top dog in the NFL, and has been for quite a few years now...

Rarely do you see the Steelers go to an away game and not see thousands and thousands of Steelers fans....

Always near the top of merchandise sales....

Steelers bars in every major city IN THE FUCKING WORLD....

Not to mention those 6 Super Bowl trophies.... :tongue0011:
          Hey, I'm not disagreeing cos I think it's a dumb title and I cannot stand the cowdungs. I even hated them when I was a little kid. Never liked Staubach, Pearson, Dorsett, Jones or any of them. Next, enter the 90's, I thought Aikman was a fag, couldn't stand Emmit or Irvin. Now, I can and do respect them as players and what they accomplished but I just hate that whole neckcar "How bout 'dem Cowboys" mentality. Same goes with the fucking Yankees and as I mentioned prior, most Cowboys fans are also both Yankees and Laker fans to boot.

Go figure?

I agree regarding The Steelers and they've always had a great fanbase. Hell, even though they've never been my favorite team, I still own a Jack Lambert jersey and do infact notice fans everywhere I travel.

It's funny how certain NFL teams go through these phases. A cupla years back, there were Pats fans EVERYWHERE!!! Before that, you'd see Packers and Favre jerseys everywhere and prior to that it was endless 49'ers gear. Funny how it tapers off, no?

Fuck, even let's go back 12 years ago or even ten. People wore tons of Broncos gear. Of which I still do cos I've been a die hard since I was a little kid. Hell, I have so many Broncos clothes and jerseys, it's sick. I even have a Brian Griese jersey!!! lol

However, I stick with my team through the bad times along with the good and for the most part, I find Cowboys fans to be very trendy and fairweathered. Meaning, when Bledsoe was at the helm prior to Romo, how many so called "fans" did you see parading around in his official jersey? They made 'em cos I saw them in my NFL catalogue that comes in the mail every month or two.
          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

I love being a Browns fan.

It forces you to have a thicker skin and be more diehard than a lot of fanbases out there.

The colors I think are underrated, nothing says fall and football like that burnt orange and seal brown.

Sure, we don't win that often, but I just feel extremely loyal to my hometown team.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

For the record, I hate the Yankees and the Lakers.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

80,000 plus sure beats 11

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

80,000 plus sure beats 11

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Bobby Hebert

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

This is the Lombardi Trophy. Made of bacon. Hello, delicious. - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2010

who won?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LEFTY
                          who won?
                          they haven't played yet
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...