• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CSM
    Full On Cocktard
    • Apr 2007

Orianthi "Highly Strung"

YouTube - Orianthi - Highly Strung ft. Steve Vai
    "Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it." Vincent
  • LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2010

i dont see anything.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Strange combination - worth looking into.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu1aQvm5MrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu1aQvm5MrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Aussie Aussie Aussie !!
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I had forgotten about her.

She was the one that was meant to be doing the tour with the King of Kiddie Fiddling before he checked out.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

What I like about her, (and this is independant of her nationality) is she
            is a young, happening, trendy kinda chick, that young people might
            actually take note of, and she is bringing back the solo !
            (In 80's style too !)

Good looking and obviously is influenced by the same shit we
            all were...

We need more young guitarists to solo in songs..

agreed ?

As for touring with the late kiddie diddler, how fucked is that for
            her ? Imagine how much more of a boost she would have had,
            if those concerts had happened.. Hope she still makes it, nice
            to see a youngun with both hands on the fretboard
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7b-_YcACuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7b-_YcACuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

She's got a couple good things going for her...

1. Her association with MJ, however short it was....
              2. She's a hot Aussie.... (I'm getting flashbacks.... Snap out of it, VA !!!)

Sorry....

That alone gets her foot in the door to do things like this....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Downside is that she will drink all your beer and then take a piss in your hearth thinking it's a BBQ.

Comment

• CSM
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Apr 2007

Her time with MJ was short but before that she already knew Vai when she was 15 when her band opened for him. At 18 she jammed Santana . She also played at the Crossroads festival. That's a pretty good resume already.
                  Last edited by CSM; 01-27-2010, 01:50 PM.
                  "Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it." Vincent

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Downside is that she will drink all your beer and then take a piss in your hearth thinking it's a BBQ.
                    She could piss on your face and you would love it
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7b-_YcACuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7b-_YcACuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

She's got a couple good things going for her...

1. Her association with MJ, however short it was....
                      2. She's a hot Aussie.... (I'm getting flashbacks.... Snap out of it, VA !!!)

Sorry....

That alone gets her foot in the door to do things like this....

VA !! She maybe one of your Daughters
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I had forgotten about her.

She was the one that was meant to be doing the tour with the King of Kiddie Fiddling before he checked out.
                        Same here until I watched MJ's This is It last night... Pretty good guitar player. She nailed Ed's solo in Beat It better than most...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
                          VA !! She maybe one of your Daughters
                          Her birthdate (Jan. '85) is pretty close to when I was there, but off by a bit...

I was there in '86 during the 75th anniversary of the Royal Aussie Navy... 40,000 squids from ships from 7 different countries...

Talk about a party....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

My Dad is an ex Sailor, To this day he can out drink me, be up at the
                            crack of dawn and whistling while he cooks up a big breakfast,
                            whilst I lay in bed nursing a whopping hangover.

I remember as a kid his local get togethers at our house
                            with his Navy mates... Mum used to dread seeing them walk up
                            the driveway...

I can only imagine what 40,000 of you buggers must have been like !!!

I think they are still repairing parts of Sydney !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2004

At least someone is trying....

Maybe this is a good thing.... I'm not so idealistic that I believe every song must have a solo but damned if I don't miss players that can do more that play drop D and fake their way through a song. The one thing I can never forgive grunge and nu metal for is making it uncool to actually know how to play you're fucking guitar. There are no REAL guitar hero's anymore. At least no new ones anyways. Sure there are those that were around before grunge but name one that has come around in the last 15 years or so that is widely recognized by general fans and peers as a guitar hero. Oh well, I digress.

So I heard about this new chick from a guy at work and checked her out. She's very good and she's cute. She's played with and for several names you'll recognize. Everyone from Santana, BB King, Vai etc. Clapton even invited her to play at Crossroads. I'm not gonna hunt through all the topics on this site to see if anyone has heard of her before and whatnot so if this is a dupe you can delete it. MJ hired her as his guitarist for his final tour before he died. Her name is Orianthi and Vai is her mentor so there's your DD connection. Anyway, here are a couple of her videos. Tell me what you think.

"According to You"
                              <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu1aQvm5MrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu1aQvm5MrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And "Highly Strung" with Vai
                              <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7b-_YcACuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7b-_YcACuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

There are more on youtube if you're interested. Including a few NAMM performances.
                              Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

Working...