X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

jeeeeez
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Not me. I lost all that stuff in the divorces.

She starts a thread about wine....

And then plays the "I'll just shut up" card when people start in with their own opinions about the subject.

For the record Sensitive Shoes, NO ONE in here agreed with me on the low end cheapo wine being shit most of the time....

So this "you guys just" crap is pretty silly.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensitive
        Did I equate it to a bottle of Dom?

You guys are in here to make yourselves all feel squishy about your knowledge of fine things. So have at it.

In keeping with feeling "squishy" I must say that Dom's highly overrated. I much prefer Veuve Clicquot and it's about 70 bones cheaper than Dom. Tastes much better as well.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

We just had some for one of Emmy's wins and I liked it very much. Seems that the bubbles are much finer than other lesser champagnes. I also like Moet White Star

Oh dear.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
            In keeping with feeling "squishy" I must say that Dom's highly overrated. I much prefer Veuve Clicquot and it's about 70 bones cheaper than Dom. Tastes much better as well.
            Remember when Miami Subs tried to be cute and put DP on the menu? Yeah, that idea went over like a pregnant pole vaulter.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Alright Lounge I'll back off the gripe, if you do the same.

But now I'm GOING TO QUIT THE SITE AND NEVER NEVER COME BACK AND NEVER LISTEN TO VAN HALEN AGAIN!!1 EVER EVER EVER!!!!

just kidding

Oh dear.

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                We just had some for one of Emmy's wins and I liked it very much. Seems that the bubbles are much finer than other lesser champagnes. I also like Moet White Star
                Moet White Star's is excellent. We sold a lot of it. I've had several tastes of Dom over the years and I just don't get the big deal whatsoever? I actually had a bottle of '96 Dom sitting behind my wet bar for years. Finally drank it last summer cos we ran out of beer. lol
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

The cool little liquor store in town had a bottle of '86 Dom on the counter near the cash register - marked at about 100 bucks - clearly not meant to sell. I have never had Dom. Nor the one with the white flowers all over the bottle. But that one looks really cool

A number of years ago, Moet made a cordial out of champagne and cognac. It was delightful, on the sweet side, in pint size bottles. They discontinued it about 15 years ago much to my dismay. Loved that stuff. And when it was getting phased out, they were selling it for as little as five bucks a bottle.

Oh dear.

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                    The cool little liquor store in town had a bottle of '86 Dom on the counter near the cash register - marked at about 100 bucks - clearly not meant to sell. I have never had Dom. Nor the one with the white flowers all over the bottle. But that one looks really cool.
                    Are you referring to Perrier-jouet Fleur De Champagne?

This?

It's delicious and cheaper than Dom. I'd still take Veuve though.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      Do you drink beer that you can buy for $3.99/ 6 pack?

Yeah, neither do I.

Sometimes I do, even though I'm sort of a snob. In fact, I know I'll take shit for this but I actually drink PBR once in a while as it's become the anti-big label "hipster" beer. It's okay as a 'lawn-mowing beer' on a hot day or if you want to drink more than a few and it's much better than Pudweiser, Miller Low Life. But I counterpoint that by drinking (mostly) Sierra Nevada Ales (the special IPA they have out is the bomb) and I tend to love APAs and IPAs the most. Dogfish is decent, but a bit pricey for what it is.

As far as a cheaper, decent beer, I'd love to try the Schlitz "retro" formula (their left over 1950s throwback recipe before marketing and WWII shortages cheapened and shitty-upped mass brews, or "American adjunct Lagers.") which has gotten some solidly good reviews as a tasty, cheaper beer. But it's not yet available near me...

Comment

• Susie Q
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                        Honey, if you're shopping at that end of the wine shelf, Arbor Mist has a far better Pinot Noir than Edwards much-appraised 'Loon'...it's over-rated.
                        Last time I drank Arbors 'Noir', I actually woke up next to a chick I didn't regret fucking the night before.

Think about it, and thank me later.......Arbor, baby!!!
                        I really like Arbor mist. Blackberry Merlot and I like Peach chardonnay. But I would gather my favorite is actually Canei wine. Yup...it's not major money, but it tastes goooooooooood.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                        ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Blackflag
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Sometimes I do, even though I'm sort of a snob. In fact, I know I'll take shit for this but I actually drink PBR once in a while as it's become the anti-big label "hipster" beer. It's okay as a 'lawn-mowing beer' on a hot day or if you want to drink more than a few and it's much better than Pudweiser, Miller Low Life. But I counterpoint that by drinking (mostly) Sierra Nevada Ales (the special IPA they have out is the bomb) and I tend to love APAs and IPAs the most. Dogfish is decent, but a bit pricey for what it is.

As far as a cheaper, decent beer, I'd love to try the Schlitz "retro" formula (their left over 1950s throwback recipe before marketing and WWII shortages cheapened and shitty-upped mass brews, or "American adjunct Lagers.") which has gotten some solidly good reviews as a tasty, cheaper beer. But it's not yet available near me...
                          I don't know when everybody became too fucking cool for just regular American lager. Admittedly, Bud and Miller are just bad. But I'll take Coors, Stroh's, Yuengling, etc. if I'm in the mood.

I fucking hate poseurs. The people who drink Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, et al. would have a dick in their mouth if they weren't drinking that.

Comment

• Susie Q
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

I hate the taste of beer. I think I recall drinking beer long, long ago...it was the little OV Splits tiny little bottles. Those were not bad. I also had Miller Beer that wasn't bad. But, if I had to go drink that again, it wouldn't happen.

I'll take Southern Comfort, Vodka, Malibu Rum, even parrot bay.

How about a B'52 or mudslide? Kaluha, Baileys, and Vodka.

Ever had a Melon Ball? Melon Liquor and Pineapple juice (Nice summertime slam)

Alabama Slammers.....Kamikazes......good stuff.

Back in the day I also drank Peach Schnapps and Ginger Ale.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                            ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Susie Q
                              I hate the taste of beer. I think I recall drinking beer long, long ago...it was the little OV Splits tiny little bottles. Those were not bad. I also had Miller Beer that wasn't bad. But, if I had to go drink that again, it wouldn't happen.

I'll take Southern Comfort, Vodka, Malibu Rum, even parrot bay.

How about a B'52 or mudslide? Kaluha, Baileys, and Vodka.

Ever had a Melon Ball? Melon Liquor and Pineapple juice (Nice summertime slam)

Alabama Slammers.....Kamikazes......good stuff.

Back in the day I also drank Peach Schnapps and Ginger Ale.
                              baaaack in the DAY, my buddy and i took a beerbong baseball helmet and had a bottle of mountain dew on one side and blackberry brandy on the other. dew berries, fuckin' horrible, but we were 15 or so.
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

During the mid 1980s, whenever one of my friends would go on a sales trip, a group of us would pitch in some cash so he could bring us back some Schaefer. Yup, "the one beer to have when you're having more than one." It could be purchased here for a brief time toward the end of that decade, but sadly has disappeared ever since.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...