X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    It's been a really, really bad 2 years for the struggling musical instrument retailers. I'm not surprised even Peavey turned 'em down..
    Hey Assmunch. Why not donate a couple of things from vast "collection" that you have in your imaginary warehouse.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

I'm not shipping guitars to Georgia.

And folks, this guys' a teacher, not a proper 501-nonprofit. He's doing this for the kennel. Or the kids. I'm not sure.. but his hearts in the right place I think.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Clay, give 'em your lead guitar from back in the day...like Eddie did for Dimebag....give the children more than your piss for once.....give 'em Lucille.

Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Sorry Firebrand...I couldn't help myself....

I hope someone will step up to the plate and get you guys something good.
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
            give 'em your lead guitar from back in the day..
            if it wasn't stolen.. duh

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Firebrand
              ....it was kind of vague, but a response is a response.

I wonder if Dave and the boys could contribute something????
              You could try to contact EVH via his web-site contact at evhgear.com or also try Michaels contact at madanthonycafe.com. Mikey might send you some hot sauce...

Your best bet might be through the Fender Music Foundation... they do a lot of promotions for music within schools. Here's their contact page. Foundation - contact us
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Firebrand
                Roadie
                • Jun 2004

GAR, it's a community service project...

...which every club in our school has to do. So, we are just tying the "BOB" to the Humane Society, which I really don't have a problem with...but I do get your point 100%. If this REALLY goes well, we may try to organize something independent in the summer...but with this being the first one, I figured it was good to have that tie-in.

As far as 501c-3 is concerned, any contribution to a public school is considered a contribution to a non-profit, since the schools themselves are not for-profit entities (that's such a fun word).

I've written the EVH folks, and am waiting to hear back from Fender. The main thing is just finding something really cool to use for a grand prize...and like I said, if I need to come out of my pocket to help on it, so be it. It matters that much to me and obviously to the younguns.
                With a rebel yell, she cries "more more more!"...

Comment

• Firebrand
                  Roadie
                  • Jun 2004

Quick update...

...nothing yet from EVH or Fender. We'll see...and I'll keep y'all posted.
                  With a rebel yell, she cries "more more more!"...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Firebrand
                    ...which every club in our school has to do. So, we are just tying the "BOB" to the Humane Society, which I really don't have a problem with...but I do get your point 100%. If this REALLY goes well, we may try to organize something independent in the summer...but with this being the first one, I figured it was good to have that tie-in.

As far as 501c-3 is concerned, any contribution to a public school is considered a contribution to a non-profit, since the schools themselves are not for-profit entities (that's such a fun word).

I've written the EVH folks, and am waiting to hear back from Fender. The main thing is just finding something really cool to use for a grand prize...and like I said, if I need to come out of my pocket to help on it, so be it. It matters that much to me and obviously to the younguns.
                    gar is such a dick.
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...