Will Taylor Swift Please Get Permanent Laryngitis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    I would of thought you gave up going to weddings, Your Most Holiness. Aren't they always bothering you when they run out of wine?
    As long as they have water, it only takes a few seconds of My time to fix that. I also turn the water into beer now and then.

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Is that even kosher?
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Jesus Christ
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Verily. all of their beer is.....

HE'BREW The Chosen Beer

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Comment

• LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2010

cool.jesus rockin out on the base guitar.he kinda looks like that dimebag guy from metallica in that photo.cool.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LEFTY
              cool.jesus rockin out on the base guitar.he kinda looks like that dimebag guy from metallica in that photo.cool.
              I was thinking Roger Glover from Deep Purple.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Found this great down of this non-talent.

Dude nails it here, she lacks any sort of depth as a musician to pull it off as being a "Good" country/folkish kind of singer.

She's a fraud, and per my country music loving friends not a real country singer.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Having again, unfortunately came across O'Rly Show, I caught him heaping all this praise on Taylor Swift for the following comments following Miley Cyrus expressing her love of pot.

She is also willing to give cover to us parents. She implicitly rebutted Cyrus in a recent "60 Minutes" segment in which she said the following about artists' responsibility: "The truth of it is every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation."
                  Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1fKz239eE

No wonder her music sounds like it's trapped in a pre-Elvis America. Do you ever notice that a lot of the most well known figures in pop culture history are those that took chances on their work? Name me one person who didn't do such a thing? You can't, can you?

Taylor, your music sucks, and you're not even all that attractive. Please go away.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Yo Chain,
                    I'm really happy for you. Ima let you finish.

But Beyonce had one of the best threads of all time!

OF ALL TIME !

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Ha! .

Comment

• Tob
                        Roadie
                        • Aug 2011

Taylor IS able to sing. Watch her DVD, performances. She has good songs with help song-writing, Our Song, Hey Stephen with smooth guitar feeling, simple, her best.. You Belong With Me, cool vid with humorous, playful acting, with balls for a female personage. Van Halen weren't "themselves" without being with good people helping them - Dave, Ed, Mike, Alex, Ted, Donn, their parents - Van Halen for real. Taylor is the same, with parents, Borchetta, Rose, support with performers, song-writers accompanying her - Taylor, Rzeznik, Colvin, Adkins..

She has powerful performance with energetic presence. She has the ability to play guitar and is rocking with a few songs. She works theatrics. She could tone down such, go with music - she is young, she is playing. She'll mature. Taylor is, with truth, not a "tool" - she, in fact, is surrounded with such - "country music" industry? Money? Taylor is positive, true. She listens. She learns. A few of her music pieces, song-writing, seem kinda "snakey" - that is part of her character. True, some of her best tunes, songs, with music, could be "ruined" with misplaced words or attitude, something that love may learn in due time.
                        Last edited by Tob; 12-05-2011, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I have to admit that yes, she will "mature". But she has not done a fucking thing that impresses me. In fact, she is not worth sucking the ass of any wino on Lower Broadway in Gnashville who could write songs way better than her.

She is as manufactured as a plastic ukulele. So she co-writes most of her songs. This means more experienced writers are responsible for any kind of supposed integrity the songs may have.

The rest is all the result of Borchetta and the other tools in Gnashville throwing money behind the standard model "Young Blonde Bimbo" marketing machine.

And no, she is NOT "country". Not by a long shot. If she lived in L.A., she could have released the same songs, but would be called "pop". It is all just due to her living in Hillbilly Central that she is labeled "country" at all.

Comment

• Tob
                            Roadie
                            • Aug 2011

The songs with her may be hard listening, I, too, admit such. Her music, songs, are for her group, "age" - female, girls, "pop" kinda. There are one or a few that interest.. Best Day, Hey Stephen, Never Grow Up, Our Song.. I punch the ceiling of a car when listening to You Belong With Me, with the rhythm.. fuck yeah, rock, Tay!

Her DVD may be hard to watch, I haven't viewed the first.. maybe that is the best one. The songs I enjoy have been missing, her best, most simple, jamming songs. I enjoy her energy, positive nature. She may be "mean" - that may be "immaturity" - yet inner-most she's a Sagittarian love goddess.. with me..

Taylor is 21, dude, her "biological" age. The "only" person who could express the way that she has with such age would be Edward with "Eruption" - thank you, Ted, with helping to bring this forward. Ed, 20, 21, 22, when he recorded, played with, composed such? Tay, with truth, performs with her banjo, guitar, ukulele.. and kicks, with truth, your ass - so, instead of Lurchin' the way you have, be "tall" with understanding..

Here we understand.. "Taylor Swift" is her, Borchetta, Rose (with song-writing), parents, the same way "Van Halen" is, with truth, their parents, Ted, Donn, bands that inspired, gave encouragement. Interesting view.. working with each other produces magnificence. "Bimbo" - dumb-fuck, may you realize she was recognized, her beautiful presence, VIBRANT power.. Roth, Sammy Hagar, had that. She HAS that.
                            Last edited by Tob; 12-06-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme

Taylor, your music sucks, and you're not even all that attractive. Please go away.

Send her to me.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

As crazy as this sounds..Miley Cyrus is more than likely more country than her.

I have a hard time buying that someone from Eastern PA, especially someone from a rich or well-to-do background is or should be a country.

You got to have this certain attitude of being a beer/whiskey loving honky-tonk, truck loving cowboys imo. True Country singers are badasses in my opinion.

Johnny Cash
                                Hank Williams

People like that. She's pop with a twang set in.

Comment

Working...