Will Taylor Swift Please Get Permanent Laryngitis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
    And somebody PLEASE explain the Lady Gaga phenomenon to me. cause I sure as fuck don't get it.
    All I can figure is every circus has a fuckin Freak Show...

Highlight of the whole mess... Honeyboy Edwards getting a nod and Jeff Beck's Les Paul Tribute!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• kissfan1976
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2010

I'm not a Pink fan but I thought her acrobat preformance was the best of the whole show.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Will Taylor Swift Please Get ...

i thought you were gonna say tits.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kissfan1976
          I'm not a Pink fan but I thought her acrobat preformance was the best of the whole show.
          I thought it was kind of cool. I wasn't paying any attention to the song she was singing, but her performance put the others to shame.
          Beyond that it was just your ususal parade of overrated dumbfucks....

Comment

• Mushroom
            Commando
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
            And why the Hell was Beyonce singing the Alanis Morissette song?
            Isn't Alanis Morissette now Ms. Irrelevant? She did one overrated "good" record that I never heard like 14 years ago. I don't care for angry chick music.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Coyote
              High Fashion Tabloid-pop...

A few months, and (s)he'll be gone...
              She can't sing either. UGH.

You know at least her/he/it idol Madonna could somewhat carry a tune. (though I can't stand her either).

She's untalented and a rumored hermphodite. Why the hell she is talented in the year 2010 is beyound me.

There's really been zero emphasis on singing in todays day and age, it's all about being one giant attention whore and who happens to look the hotest at any given time. Thanks American Idol.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Unchainme
                She can't sing either. UGH.

You know at least her/he/it idol Madonna could somewhat carry a tune. (though I can't stand her either).

She's untalented and a rumored hermphodite. Why the hell she is talented in the year 2010 is beyound me.

There's really been zero emphasis on singing in todays day and age, it's all about being one giant attention whore and who happens to look the hotest at any given time. Thanks American Idol.
                Susan Boyle is a hottie

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                  I am not going to try to explain Taylor Swift to people who aren't suppose to "get" here, WE aren't....

I have a 14 year old daughter who likes her, and I think she's great for that. Her song aren't about trying to get laid, they are sappy teen love songs. It isn't "ringtone rap", she can play the guitar and there are musicians playing on the CD. She writes her own songs, as awful as we think they are. My daughter like the whole ablum, not just the "one song she downloaded from iTunes 'cause the rest of it sucked".

I would much rather her listen to Taylor Swift than the Black Eyed Peas or Jamie Foxx or any of that other crap. Therefore Taylor is doing what she is suppose to do.

As far at the Scammy, I can not believe anyone with any brains at all watches that thing and gets mad. After Metallica/Tull, did you not figure out it is a joke?
                  Why are you defending that shit?

It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

My 15 year old daughter loves her too....

I'm sure your parents didn't "get" why you listened to The Village People so much either, BF

If you ever breed, you'll understand not all music is for our generation....
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006

I don't get classical music. I must be too low brow. But I do recognize that it's real music. While I can't stand country music, but I'm open to it having merit.

But some things are objectively shit. Take rap, for example. Any kind of boy band, Taylor Swift bullshit.

Doesn't matter how old you are. Shit is shit. They market this vapid shit to kids who don't know any better for a reason.

Comment

• Blackflag
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2006

By the way, I may have already spread my seed all around. You don't know.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

I am to the point where if someone can actually play an instrument, I'll give them a listen. I hate country, but I can find some merit in some of it. I hate classical, but there are a few pieces I like. I personally HATE Green Day's "American Idiot", but people love it....

You know the old analogy about opinions... It's like if I had an argument with Siskel or Ebert (the fat one that is still alive) on what movie is better, Babel or Talladega Nights. I don't know art, but I know what I like. Gimme Talladega Nights any day!

And as far as my daughter, I would rather her listen to Taylor Swift than Lady Gaga's songs about bisexuality... (she is rumored to be a hermaphrodite anyway....)
                          "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

That's what you guys get for watching that horseshit....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

I actually agree with Silvia. Taylor Swift is what she is. She is able to get the accolades because she has a good producer, a big budget, good studio musicians, and a lot of industry muscle behind her.

So hurray for her successes. She can sing in the studio where they can comp her vocals, word by word if necessary, but every time I hear her sing on some televised awards shit-fest, I am less than impressed.

And, like I said, I keep it on (when I remember to...as I really do not give a fuck about the Crummy Awards) as background noise.

But hey, I am allowed to bitch about no-talent hacks being treated like gods and goddesses, eh?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

My 7 year old girl listens to anything pop in the way of top 40 radio. Whenever she rides with me, i have to tune into her favorite satellite radio channels and grin and cringe. She also loves Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, The Jonas Bros and Lady Gaga. I don't get it but then again I didn't like the 90's either. I realize that it isn't geared toward me. Demographically, i don't think top 40 radio cares what a 40 year old white guy thinks. However, that in itself is the thing that pisses me off the most about it. Back in the 80's when i was listening to top 40, you still heard Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Tina Turner, Elton John, Billy Joel, Lionel Richie and so on....; back then, they could still attract all ages with the content of the top 40. Sure, you still had your oddball acts like Culture Club, Frankie Goes to Hollywood..whatever. In my humble opinion, pop music/ top 40 radio has crumbled to a pitiful state over the last ten years for sure.
                                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...