Thread: SNL and shoving Kristen Wiig into every sketch

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

SNL and shoving Kristen Wiig into every sketch

Getting pretty unbearable to watch now, not that the Fallon years were a picnic, but I would venture to say it's even more painful now.

Why must she get shoved into every sketch and play the same damn character in said sketch? The first time around said, character was not funny, and came off as annoying, and not funny annoying, Mosquito-buzzing in the ear, while continusly biting the inside of said ear.

It's almost like watching the Browns play this season, rather than play some of the younger runningbacks and more talented players, they insisted on giving the ball to Jamal Lewis who was past his prime and would only gain around 2 YAC.

SNL has some talented NRFPT players, but they are pushed to the side or don't look as good because of this untalented hack, and frankly it's getting old.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    no different than Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri always being in skits together.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't get Kristin Wiig either. About the only thing worse than her characters is Armisen's horrible Obama impersonation, which sounds like the scripts are written by someone at FAUX Noise.

SNL used to be able to get the Presidential shit down. Dana Carvey's "Poppy Bush". Phil Hartman did a good Clinton. Darrel Hammond did it even better. Will Ferrell's portrayal of the Chimp was great. But the guy who did it after that, not so much. And Armisen is clearly the worst.

A Sarah Palin pResidency would destroy this country, but it might actually restore Saturday Night Live to greatness, for the few weeks before that dumb cunt managed to blow up the whole planet.... because you know they would pay Tina Fey any amount of money she asked for to do the part.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    Easy day was yesterday.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This show hasn't been funny for about 20 years now.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Last era of the show with a high degree of watchability for me was 1991 to 1994. Particularly the crossing of the late 1980s cast with the early 1990s additions: Schneider, Spade, Farley, Hartman, Hooks, Nealon, Sandler, Myers, Carvey, etc. Solid cast combined with solid writing.

The late 1990s were okay, but the demarcation point for me coincided with the arrival of Jimmy Fallon. Will Ferrell, Chris Kattan, Molly Shannon, Cherie O'Teri, Tim Meadows and the rest weren't necessarily knocking everything out of the park, but they were decent enough to get a few laughs each show. Once they started slowly leaving after Fallon came aboard, the cast and writing turned to shit again (the show has gone up and down in waves over the years, quality-wise), and hasn't recovered.

Think it's just a lack of imagination that keeps NBC from either shitcanning the show or insisting on re-tooling it. It's clear now after a decade of floundering that Lorne Michaels isn't gonna be the one to revive the show's prospects or revamping the format. Have no idea of what the demos on it are these days, but it's rare that one even hears others quoting the show in waterfountain moments at work the following week (Fey's Palin being the exception, and to me Fey wasn't nearly as funny as Palin herself).

The several times I've watched the show the past few years have induced no laughter, and made even the 1980-1981 and 1994-1995 seasons look stellar by comparison, Not a good place to be.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    A Sarah Palin pResidency would destroy this country, but it might actually restore Saturday Night Live to greatness, for the few weeks before that dumb cunt managed to blow up the whole planet.... because you know they would pay Tina Fey any amount of money she asked for to do the part.

LMAO! There's an angle I've never heard of. Vote for this candidate to save SNL. Although Palin winning might backfire on SNL. How could everyone watch when they are busy packing their cars up to move to Canada?

I don't watch SNL anymore. If by chance they do anything that is actually funny, it will be on YouTube and save me having to watch all of the horrible skits for the one good one.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This one makes me piss myself...

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/8_w7Fg6171f4aSjOKhzcBw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/8_w7Fg6171f4aSjOKhzcBw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Abby Elliot is about the only thing worth watching on there. She's actually funny AND fuckable.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Abby Elliot is about the only thing worth watching on there. She's actually funny AND fuckable.
    Hard to believe she came from this guys nutsack...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess that Kristen Wiig doesn't appear on the show like this all that often...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And on another note, is it just me, or was the mixing terrible on Them Crooked Vultures' performance last night?

Vocals were more or less inaudible, though they sounded great otherwise.

Maybe it's because SNL hasn't had an actual rock band on for a while, and they forgot how to do that?

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Isn't she the one who plays that stupid fucking "Gilly" character?

I made the mistake of watching SNL's Christmas Special, and by the time it was over I wanted to kick my TV through a wall, and then go up to 30 Rock and kick "Gilly" in the twat with an ice skate.

I don't know what crowd Lorne Michael's thinks he's appealing to these days, but that show is about as funny as stomach cancer...
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    SNL hasn't been funny in a very long time.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And on another note, is it just me, or was the mixing terrible on Them Crooked Vultures' performance last night?

Vocals were more or less inaudible, though they sounded great otherwise.

Maybe it's because SNL hasn't had an actual rock band on for a while, and they forgot how to do that?
    I was gonna say I watched SNL for the first time in years this Saturday to see TCV and I was surprised that it was kind of funny, even with that homo hosting. I don't remember much since I was blazed out for TCV, but I remember the skit about threesomes being funny. The duo on the Weekend Update were putrid. But I was really surprised because I did laugh a few times throughout the show.

I don't recall the mixing being bad for SNL. I have it DVR'd still so I'll have to check that out.

FORD I hope you saw the Austin City Limits TCV show, it was way longer, but no Elephants. I don't know how they could cut that track, it's a beast.
    gnaw on it

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ODShowtime View Post
    FORD I hope you saw the Austin City Limits TCV show, it was way longer, but no Elephants. I don't know how they could cut that track, it's a beast.

You can watch the entire ACL show at the PBS website at this link.

Thread Information