X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    I saw the video before they yanked it off of Youtube... It was horrible....
    It's still here:

Graphic Video: Olympic Luger Thrown From Sled, Dies - CBS News Video
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Loved the opening ceremonies, but it was missing on thing...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I can't wait to see the USA dominate in Snowboarding as always.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

They're raising the wall where he crashed....

Opening ceremonies, meh.... Kinda disappointed they didn't have Le Magnifique (Lemieux) in there for something....

A lot of over-reaction to the malfunctioning fourth column.... For as much pretty amazing effects for three hours, to only have one malfunction (albeit at the worst time) isn't so bad.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            I can't wait to see the USA dominate in Snowboarding as always.
            Shawn White is a lock...

Horrible accident for the guy from Georgia..damn..90 mph into a steel pole..I assume he died instantly..didnt look like he moved at all after.
            Watching the ski jumping now..just had a small bit on " Eddie the Eagle"..
            I remember him fairly well.Winter Olympics Memorable Moments: Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards — Infoplease.com

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Geddy carrying the flag would have been bad ass

or the band could have just jammed a bit

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

The opening ceremonies were excellent, and they picked all the right people. Totally captured Canada and Canadian culture. Absolutely LOVED the poem by the guy from the NWT, and KD Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was outstanding.
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Hows about not continue further? One of your competitors dies, not even during competition. What...this should go forward, in the spirit of the deceased?

Yeah...OK, it's now your turn in the chute, friend. See if you can honor his memory...
                  I'm assuming you're not an athlete, are you? Damn rights you honour their memory but getting out there, you would dishonour them by NOT.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                    I'm assuming you're not an athlete, are you? Damn rights you honour their memory but getting out there, you would dishonour them by NOT.
                    I played ball in high school, and was on the swim team as well. I understand what fair competition means, as well as honoring fallen comrades. The fact is, the way the track is set up is not fair, as it is unsafe. There have been dozens of incidents in practice, and the competitors themselves have stated their own reservations about it's practicality.

The very definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Which is precisely what this is.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

The crash was on a huge projection screen last night when I was at a sports bar the dude was 15 ft across and high def and it was knarley to say the least.

There is no amount of padding that would have helped it would have had to have been 20 ft thick .

The track should be covered with or at least banked with tall safety nets nylon or some thing..? Like cargo nets..?

Imagine riding a motorcycle at 80 mph and then cross body blocking a tree.

RIP the the dude .

It is sad that safetly usually comes from a accident.

P.S. I love Curling what a great drinking time game..perhaps I will build a curling set up next winter..lol

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

KD Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was outstanding.
                        She's taken a lot of unfair of criticism over the years simply for being gay, but I've always thought she has a great voice....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WACF
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Curling is not as prominent in America as it should be.

A sport is truly great if you can drink a beer while doing it.
                          It is a great sport.

Truth be known...the 2 to 2 1/2 hours on the ice is just a series of stretches and warm ups for the pub after the game.

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

The opening ceremonies were excellent, and they picked all the right people. Totally captured Canada and Canadian culture. Absolutely LOVED the poem by the guy from the NWT, and KD Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was outstanding.
                            The prairies bit I thought was...quite off...

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

A Glaring Omission IMO...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                                Fuckin tragic...

Why aren't parts of the track simply fenced over or plexi tubed?
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...