Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Vonn strikes me at the pouty rich girl who's only requirement in life has been to rocket launch herself down a mountain hoping an Olympic gold medal will sustain her gravy train ride of endorsements. Impressive as she is going 80+ M.P.H. down a mountain slope there is something about her I don't like. As if she's over confident ignoring her athletic limitations; no wonder she spends more time having ski paramedics rescue her then she does crossing a finish line intact. Mancuso is the laid-back Californian surfer girl type who at at least humbles herself even when taking second place as if she fully appreciates the situation she is in as an Olympic athlete which is why I found it so disappointing she didn't take the gold.

And speaking of endorsements (which, let's face it, it the true reason why so many American athletes even bother with the Olympics) seems "Red Zeppelin" makes over $11 million a year which isn't bad at all for riding a snowboard.

If only I could be so fortunate.

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

I want nekkid pictures of Lindsey Vonn.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I don't get the fascination over her, is she really THAT hot ??
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          I don't get the fascination over her, is she really THAT hot ??
          Not the least bit. Allison Stokke (below) or Leryn Franco on the other hand...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Not the least bit. Allison Stokke (below) or Leryn Franco on the other hand...

Damn!
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
              Look for America, Sweden, Norway, and Russia to take the lion's share of the gold and the Canadians to whine for the next four years about it.

Don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the limeys winning the bronze in curling. Why they almost took gold in badminton!

Sure to kick your insomnia.
              Curling Results - Yahoo! Sports coverage of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about CC !!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I was actually watching part of that early this morning on MSNBC. Even they couldn't sell it as the stands in the place were completely empty.

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

I was actually watching part of that early this morning on MSNBC. Even they couldn't sell it as the stands in the place were completely empty.
                    Curling is best watched from the lounge...especially if there is a drink special.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

It's like watching someone sweep the floor. Of course the stands are empty.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I hear crocquet will be a new event in the summer olympics because they need something as lame a curling.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Tonight's the night - USA vs. Canada....

That place in Vancouver is gonna be rocking for sure....

Looks like they moved Mike Richards to the top line with Sid and Nash... If I'm a Canada fan, I like that move, Richards has played well....

I'm wondering if Orpik is gonna blast Sid into the boards, he's kinda admitted in the past that he holds up a little on friends, as compared to someone like Ovechkin....

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                            Curling is best watched from the lounge...especially if there is a drink special.
                            If there's a good tight match going on, it can actually get quite exciting.

I have bad childhood memories from curling. Our curling and skating rinks shared a lobby, nothing worse than getting off the ice at noon only to face an onslaught of "still drunk from the night before", cigar smoking idiots while wearing a skimpy skating dress.

Kristy, the stands have quite a few people in them when it's the Canucks and/or a final... I'd rather watch curling than golf anyday
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

And speaking of endorsements (which, let's face it, it the true reason why so many American athletes even bother with the Olympics)
                              A woman at work just got back from Van yesterday. She said at the medal ceremonies, everyone looked like athletes except for the US women's alpine medalists. Looked like they were done-up for a modeling shoot. She said you could really tell they're in it for the endorsements...
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                                If there's a good tight match going on, it can actually get quite exciting.

I have bad childhood memories from curling. Our curling and skating rinks shared a lobby, nothing worse than getting off the ice at noon only to face an onslaught of "still drunk from the night before", cigar smoking idiots while wearing a skimpy skating dress.

Kristy, the stands have quite a few people in them when it's the Canucks and/or a final... I'd rather watch curling than golf anyday
                                both teams left "gobsmacked". think sully and the boys spelled their name wrong?

CurlingHomeAthletesScheduleResultsStandingsMedalsP hotos

Canada inspired by impromptu national anthem
                                9 hours, 40 minutes ago

Buzz up! 60 Print
                                By Jeffrey Jones

VANCOUVER, Feb 20 (Reuters) - The Canadian men’s curling team took inspiration from a loud impromptu rendition of their national anthem to beat world champions Britain 7-6 on Saturday.

In what was billed as a possible preview of the Olympic gold medal game, captain Kevin Martin’s Canadians prevailed in a tough fluctuating struggle with their longtime rivals.

Martin scored two points in the last end to seal victory but both teams were left gobsmacked by an unusual display of patriotism by most of the 5,600 fans at the Vancouver Olympic Centre.

With Britain leading by one in the last end, the crowd began belting out “O Canada” en masse, forcing the curlers to halt play until the song ended.

“That’s amazing—I don’t know if that’s ever happened in a curling game before,” Canadian curler Marc Kennedy told reporters. “It’s unbelievable the support we’ve got out there. It’s like a fifth man out there. It keeps us positive even when things aren’t going so well.”

The Canadian team, unbeaten after six matches, said they had ample time left to play, so they just let the crowd take over.

“That’s one you’ll want to put in the old memory bank in the back of your head, because I’ve never heard that in any sport that I’ve ever been to or watched on TV,” Martin said.

Boisterous fans have packed the curling venue on each day of the round-robin competition and have been particularly loud when Canada play
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...