Diamond Dave for Indiana Senate- Not Mellencamp!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftDLR
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Feb 2010

Diamond Dave for Indiana Senate- Not Mellencamp!

Hey Roth Army,

I am a longtime DLR/VH fan. I have been seeing this ridiculous Draft Mellencamp for Senate campaign. The thing about it is 1. It is certainly not going to happen and 2. Everyone knows when it comes to Indiana natives David Lee Roth rocks harder than Mellencamp. So I came up with a Draft David Lee Roth for Senate campaign. Granted, Diamond Dave won't run but neither will Mellencamp so why not show the world DLR is more popular? I would love to get more people to sign on to the group then the Mellencamp one. So please consider it after all DLR is the Commander in Chief of Rock n Roll!

Here is the link to the group on Facebook:

Draft David Lee Roth for Indiana Senate! | Facebook

Thanks!
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Please. The only place Dave belongs is on stage, fronting Van Halen while singing some new material. The last thing anyone wants to hear is Edward Van Halen whining to anyone that will listen that the reason Sammy Hagar is back in the band is because Dave wanted to become a politician.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DraftDLR
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Feb 2010

Thanks for your comment, Chefcraig. I tried to make it clear in the first post but I do want to point out I in NO WAY want David Lee Roth in the Senate or in politics at all. Mellencamp isn't going to be in the Senate either. I just want people to join to show DLR is a way better Indiana Native rocker than Mellencamp. I will repeat in NO WAY is this about getting Diamond Dave into politics AT ALL. The Draft Mellencamp thing is bogus and this is as well. Thanks.

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

That's one nonbusiness related Facebook group I might join.
        Dave already has public service under his belt. And he would need to take a legalization stance on marijuana due to his ticket from New York, which could free up resources for more serious crimes such as fraud, corruption and violent crimes.

What's the laws for filming videos from the senate chambers?
        Here's some backup singers for the Indiania state song cover.
        <object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9Qz8CSJ0vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0 xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9Qz8CSJ0vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0 xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Still, though on second thought~
        Dave for President of the UN
        Last edited by standin; 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM.
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

I believe that being Toastmaster General of the Immoral Majority is enough.

Plus, Dave hasn't lived in Indy for how many decades?

Now Governor of California......
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I doubt Dave is eligible to claim Indiana residency, as he hasn't lived there since the 60's. Mellencamp has always been a resident.

But then, after checking the IP on this one, I have a feeling somebody might have looked such info up in the library and saved himself the trouble.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

God and it was so nice not having the 'little fella' around
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• DraftDLR
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2010

Draft David Lee Roth movement = Not real

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your comments. I just want to point out again, this group is in NO way, shape, or form intending for David Lee Roth to enter ANY form of politics. The Mellencamp for Senate campaign is ridiculous and not going to happen so I wanted to counter it with Indiana's favorite rocker son, Diamond Dave who will also not be a Senate candidate but I thought it would be funny to try and get more supporters for Dave than Mellencamp because I realize that neither of these candidacies will happen and residency issues (for DLR are) is one of many, many reasons why. Thanks!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Politicians, for the most part, are lazy, two-faced, double-dealing, double-talking backstabbing scoundrel scumbag son of a bitches. They have a 10th degree black-belt in the art of bullshitting the public and personify the word 'liar'.
                  They are also historically infamous for their pisspoor work ethic....you're lucky if you can get them to actually show up at the office and do an honest days work...a year!

Dave doesn't fit that bill at all....and neither does Melonhead.

You want an Indiana bred jackass tailor-made for that gig? My suggestion is to call Axl!

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                    Politicians, for the most part, are lazy, two-faced, double-dealing, double-talking backstabbing scoundrel scumbag son of a bitches. They have a 10th degree black-belt in the art of bullshitting the public and personify the word 'liar'.
                    They are also historically infamous for their pisspoor work ethic....you're lucky if you can get them to actually show up at the office and do an honest days work...a year!
                    Let me get this straight, bro..............

You're saying Eddie should run for office

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

No!

....only because Ed doesn't hale from Indiana. otherwise.....shoe-in!

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bringing up Axl's name, gives me a whole new idea.....

How about an Axl/Palin presidential ticket for 2012?

Both would quit within the first month of office. We just need to make sure someone good is Speaker of the House by then. Not Pelosi! Maybe Howard Dean needs to run for congress?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
                          Bringing up Axl's name, gives me a whole new idea.....

How about an Axl/Palin presidential ticket for 2012?

Both would quit within the first month of office. We just need to make sure someone good is Speaker of the House by then. Not Pelosi! Maybe Howard Dean needs to run for congress?
                          Axl would show up 3 hours late for the speech, get pissed over some imaginary technical glitch and storm off the stage.....leaving a befuddled Palin to have to fill the 45 min gap left by Axl.....come to think about, that's a ticket I'd buy

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yeah I get that this is a rock popularity contest that our new member doesn't understand won't fly around here just cause of who we are.

Now let's think about Dave actually being a politician. Think back to the radio show. Damn, I'd pay to see him in Washington fucking with people. Set Dave loose on Obama and watch what happens.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Axl would show up 3 hours late for the speech, get pissed over some imaginary technical glitch and storm off the stage.....leaving a befuddled Palin to have to fill the 45 min gap left by Axl.....come to think about, that's a ticket I'd buy
                              GRATE!

And then, after Axl left, Sarah Palin looks around and, with a sly smile, takes off her glasses as a background cheesy synth music begins to play.

"Well boys," she says "looks like we'll have to do something to fill up the available slot..."

... and she unbuttons her shirt and...

Um... excuse me, will ya?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...