Last Online
    @
    Status

NFL 2010 Offseason

Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson

By Associated Press
    February 22, 2010, 4:58PM

BERNIE WILSON

SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson was released Monday by the San Diego Chargers, ending a brilliant nine-year run in which he became one of the NFL's greatest running backs.

The move had been expected for some time. Tomlinson, who turned 30 last summer, was injured early in the 2009 season and finished with 730 yards on 223 carries for an average of 3.3 yards per carry, all career lows.

Tomlinson was due a $2 million bonus in early March, which all but guaranteed he would be cut loose as his role diminished on a team that thrived with a pass-happy offense.

L.T. wasn't immediately available for comment.

Team president Dean Spanos met with Tomlinson on Monday and informed him of his release.

"This is a part of the business that I hate, and it's particularly hard when you're dealing with someone I consider a friend," Spanos said in a statement. "Change involving great players is never easy. I respect L.T. as much or more than any player I've ever known. And no one appreciates his contributions to this organization more than I do. That is why this is such a difficult announcement for me to make."

Tomlinson ranks eighth on the all-time rushing list with 12,490 yards. He was the NFL's MVP in 2006, when he set NFL single-season records with 31 touchdowns and 186 points.

He won the NFL's rushing title in 2006 and '07.

Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson | Staten Island Sports Top Stories - - SILive.com

Give us our money back: NFL requires $4,285.13 reimbursement for McKinnie's Pro Bowl absence

By Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie must pay back the NFL for his non-participation in the Pro Bowl.

The NFL said Friday it will require a $4,285 reimbursement from McKinnie for expenses incurred that week in Miami. McKinnie skipped most of the team practices and obligations, and was then dismissed from the NFC all-star squad.

NFL spokesman Randall Liu also said McKinnie has forfeited his $22,500 game check.

Liu said the league's competition committee will review the matter and determine whether additional action should be taken to deter such conduct at the Pro Bowl in the future.

McKinnie blamed his absence on a foot injury and miscommunication about his desire to withdraw from the team.

Give us our money back: NFL requires $4,285.13 reimbursement for McKinnie's Pro Bowl absence - latimes.com

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Moss doesn't expect to be a Patriot after 2010

JUPITER, Fla. -- Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss, who is entering the final year of his contract, said that he doesn't expect to get a new deal with the Patriots and that he thinks he'll be looking for a new team after this season.

"I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," said Moss, speaking to reporters at the charity softball game of former Patriots teammate Heath Evans.

"I understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout I'll be looking for a new team. I got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. So, the only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that. "

Moss is slated to make $6.4 million in base salary in the final year of the three-year, $27 million deal he signed with the Patriots following his record-setting 2007 season. He was still productive last season, catching 83 passes for 1,264 yards and tied for the NFL lead with 13 touchdown receptions.

Moss was asked why he felt the team wouldn't bring him back.

"It's the business of it, man," said Moss, who turned 33 this month. "You got to understand the business of football. There is not bad blood. There is no animosity on my side or their side. I think it's just the nature of the business of the NFL.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."

Moss was asked to expound on his theory that the Patriots "don't really pay" and said it's just the organization's philosophy.

"That's not a knock on them. That's just how they run their organization," said Moss. "That's how it is. Put it like this, I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that's where they really don't pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn't mean it as a knock against the organization. They just don't pay. If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

Like Moss, quarterback Tom Brady is also entering the final year of his contract. Moss was much more optimistic about Brady's future as a Patriot than his own.

"Like I said, man, I don't really know what's going on with his situation or his contract, but if you ask me personally I think that Tom Brady is going to be a New England Patriot," said Moss. "But as far as me I don't really know. I know I would like a new contract. I think I've done enough to have a new contract.

"The last couple of years I've played through so much. You know I've never let the team down, as far as going out there every Sunday. I still showed at 32 years of age, now I'm 33, that I am durable. So, like I said if they want to give me a new contract I would entertain that, but I don't really think that I'm going to be a New England Patriot next year. So, I'll play this year out and then look for whatever the future is next."

Moss doesn't expect to be a Patriot after 2010 - Extra Points - Boston.com

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Philadelphia Eagles release versatile running back Brian Westbrook

By The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — Running back Brian Westbrook was released Tuesday by the Philadelphia Eagles, ending an often-dynamic eight-year run marred by various injuries.

A former All-Pro, Westbrook led the league in yards from scrimmage in 2007 with 2,104. He rushed for 1,333 yards and accounted for 12 touchdowns that season.

But he spent much of last season on the sideline, missing eight games with two concussions and an ankle injury.

Westbrook, 30, was due $7.25 million next season.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Westbrook should have an opportunity to play for another team.

Carolina's Peppers to be a free agent

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Carolina Panthers decided the price is too steep to keep their all-time sacks leader.

Julius Peppers, a five-time Pro Bowl defensive end, is about to become one of the top prizes in free agency.

General manager Marty Hurney announced the team won't place the restrictive franchise tag on Peppers for a second consecutive year; using the tag would have cost the Panthers at least $20.1 million.

Peppers, 30, will become an unrestricted free agent March 5, meaning the Panthers will likely lose their top defensive player without compensation.

Notes

• The Seahawks announced they signed defensive end Ricky Foley and punter Tom Malone, more than a week after agreeing to terms.

• San Francisco placed the nonexclusive franchise tag on nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin and hope to sign him to a long-term contract. The tag guarantees Franklin, 29, slightly more than $7 million for the 2010 season.

• Ex-Oakland assistant Randy Hanson sued Raiders coach Tom Cable and the team for damages suffered during a training-camp scuffle that allegedly resulted in Hanson being treated for a fractured jaw and broken teeth.

The suit alleges Cable "without warning or provocation" grabbed Hanson during an Aug. 5 coaches meeting at the team's Napa, Calif., hotel. Cable threw Hanson against the wall, causing Hanson's face to strike a table, and hit Hanson, the lawsuit said.

Cable, 45, is a former Snohomish High School player.

• Pro Bowl receiver Vincent Jackson, 27, of the San Diego Chargers pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under the influence and was sentenced to four days in jail and five years of probation.

• DeMaurice Smith, NFL Players Association executive director, sent a memo to players and their agents, telling them it is likely no new collective-bargaining agreement will be reached and the upcoming season will be played without a salary cap.

The NFL has not had an uncapped season since 1993.

Seahawks | Philadelphia Eagles release versatile running back Brian Westbrook | Seattle Times Newspaper

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Packers.com » News » Press Releases » February 24, 2010: Packers Place Franchise Tag On NT Pickett

The Green Bay Packers have designated NT Ryan Pickett as their franchise player. The move was announced Wednesday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

"Ryan has been a good teammate and productive player for us on the field and also a good representative of the Packers in the community," Thompson said. "We look forward to having him be a part of our future."

Pickett recently completed his ninth NFL season and fourth in a Green Bay uniform. In 2009, he totaled 47 tackles (25 solo) and one pass defensed and was a key member of the Packers' top-ranked run defense.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Eagles would be smart to get rid of McNabb and turn the offense over to Kevin Kolb. Westbrook is done and McCoy is ready to take over the rb position for the Birds, even though he won't be as effective as Westbrook in his prime. I remember when people were saying that Tomlinson was going to break Emmitt Smiths rushing record and I said NEVER, won't happen. It's all about longevity in the NFL, and he doesn't have it. Maybe the Cowboys could trade Barber to the Chargers for a draft pick or two. I think he and Sproles would be a nice one two. The Boys don't need Barber, they have Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whats with these reigning NFL MVP RB's that suddenly fall off the face of the earth?

Shaun Alexander? I heard last that he was going to play for the Argos up here!
    Priest Holmes , dont think he won the MVP but he had amazing numbers.
    And now the legend Tomlinson.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The normal turnover for NFL running backs is only 4-5 years, they just get too banged up.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Whats with these reigning NFL MVP RB's that suddenly fall off the face of the earth?

Shaun Alexander? I heard last that he was going to play for the Argos up here!
    Priest Holmes , dont think he won the MVP but he had amazing numbers.
    And now the legend Tomlinson.
    As Dave would say, "Here today, gone late today."

Shaun Alexander still had something left at the time no one chose to pick him up. He went from being in the super bowl to not playing in 2 years. That is just crazy. Shaun didn't have near the kind of injury plagued seasons that Tomlinson has had, and i'll bet Tomlinson gets picked up by someone. With Westbrook, i really wonder if he has anything left in him.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The date has come and gone to franchise players and the Cowboys elected not to franchise Miles Austin. If Jerry Jones doesn't sign him to a long term deal, he could be had for a 1st and 3rd.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bills decline to offer contract to Owens

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Terrell Owens is on the market after the Buffalo Bills announced Saturday they do not plan to offer him a contract.

The Bills also declined to offer contracts to defensive end Ryan Denney and wide receiver Josh Reed, allowing them to become unrestricted free agents at midnight on March 5.

“We wanted to inform all three players ahead of the start of the free agency period so they could begin making their plans,” Bills general manager Buddy Nix said. “We just felt that was the right thing to do. All three have represented our organization with class and we thank them for their dedication and hard work.”

Owens, who will turn 37 in December, caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns in his only season in Buffalo. He also ran for a touchdown.

“I would like to thank the great fans in Buffalo, Ralph Wilson & the Bills organization for all their supports this past season,” Owens said on Twitter.

The six-time Pro Bowl receiver caught his 1,000th pass in Week 16 at Atlanta to become the sixth player in league history to reach the milestone. Owens then moved into third place on the career list with 14,951 yards receiving in a 30-7 win over Indianapolis in Week 17.

Denney and Reed were both second-round picks in the 2002 draft.

Denney made 318 tackles and 23 1/2 sacks in his career, while Reed is fifth on the club’s career receiving list with 311 catches for 3,575 yards.

Bills decline to offer contract to Owens - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NFL's sudden-death proposal has some life - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Under the change being considered for postseason games, a field goal on a team’s first possession wouldn’t equate to victory.

If the team that got the ball first scored a field goal, the other team could kick a tying field goal on its next possession, and the game would then revert to the current sudden-death scoring rules. If the team that got the ball first didn’t score at all, immediate sudden-death would also ensue. Any touchdown in overtime, even on the first possession, would end the game.

i think this could work

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hope so. Winning a game on a coin toss is absurd. I still like the college way of handling overtime better, though.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Overtime has to change !! Its beyond stupid.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm so bummed about Ladanian leaving SD. Dude should be able to stay, in any role, until he retires.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NEW YORK (AP)—It just got a lot tougher to throw against the New York Jets.

A few hours before the NFL’s free agency period began, the Jets improved their secondary in a big way by agreeing in principle with the San Diego Chargers to acquire talented but troubled cornerback Antonio Cromartie(notes) on Thursday night.

Jets reach agreement with Chargers for Cromartie - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Go Jets!!!!!!!!!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i knew they wanted him, but i would think that money would be better spent on their offense.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    A few hours before the NFL’s free agency period began, the Jets improved their secondary in a big way by agreeing in principle with the San Diego Chargers to acquire talented but troubled cornerback Antonio Cromartie(notes) on Thursday night.
    I dunno, bro...7 kids with 6 different women sounds like a great deal of baggage to be carrying around.

i knew they wanted him, but i would think that money would be better spent on their offense.
    There really aren't many receivers out there in free agency, so I guess they'll build through the draft. The only flaw in my theory is that they lost all of their draft picks in the Cutler deal.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 03-05-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe I'm old school, but I like the sudden death aspect of the NFL. If the other team wins the coin toss then your defense needs to step up. If they force a 3 and out, your team automatically has the advantage with field position. Just my opinion, but I have been watching the NFL religiously since 1977, so maybe I'm just set in my ways. I love the NFL so whatever they decide I will adapt.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They signed Chester Taylor too. I always thought he could be a very good number 1 back. The Bears do need to sign a WR to go with Hester. Maybe Owens? I wouldn't want him, but I think he would increase production in their passing game.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anquan Boldin dealt to Ravens for draft picks

WR Anquan Boldin is now a bird of a different feather.

The Cardinals traded Boldin, a Pro Bowler who's been unhappy with his contract for nearly two years, to the Baltimore Ravens for a third-round draft pick and other considerations.

Boldin received a contract extension upon completion of the deal, too, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Boldin's arrival could mean free agent WR Derrick Mason, the Ravens' all-time leading receiver, may not be back in Baltimore. -- Nate Davis

Anquan Boldin dealt to Ravens for draft picks - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i think boldin woulda been an exellent fit for chicago, oh well.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boldin for a third round pick. What a steal for the Ravens. They neaded a WR. I'm sure Flacco is quite happy.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, big upgrade for the Ratbirds...

And, as usual, the Steelers do absolutely nothing early in free agency....

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    just like green bay wonder where kampman will end up.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    The Boys don't need Barber, they have Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.
    Totally agree bro great post..

EUAS

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boldin for a third round pick. What a steal for the Ravens. They neaded a WR. I'm sure Flacco is quite happy.
    3rd & a 4th bro.. they have 2 goos wr's now, but the Jets clearly are still
    better i mean are you going to pass on them now?..
    2 totally solid Cb's, holy cow.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i think boldin woulda been an exellent fit for chicago, oh well.
    I agree but we didnt have any picks left..we did, but no draft? free agents &
    trades would have caused a media meltdown in chicago. lmao

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They signed Chester Taylor too. I always thought he could be a very good number 1 back. The Bears do need to sign a WR to go with Hester. Maybe Owens? I wouldn't want him, but I think he would increase production in their passing game.
    Question, would you trade forte now for a legit wr or a high pick??
    Im kinda hoping this transpires i think taylor will fit in martzes schemes better
    in the offense.
    Im really chewing at a legit #1 wideout is totally the biggest need for this team.

and NO i don't want fucking Terrell Owens on my club either if that happens i'm
    changing teams for good. ala fantasy football ( i traded the prick years ago)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redblkwht View Post
    3rd & a 4th bro.. they have 2 goos wr's now, but the Jets clearly are still
    better i mean are you going to pass on them now?..
    2 totally solid Cb's, holy cow.
    Boldin is worth a 3rd and 4th, especially for the Ravens. The Jets D is sick.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the Boldin deal, I didn't know a 4th was involved.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And yes, I agree 100% the Bears need a WR big time. It will make Cutler much better. Hester will also evolve in a great number two. With Olsen already in place at TE and the acquisition of Taylor it seems that a quality number one WR is the only thing missing in the O weapons department. It looks like Owens might be going to Cincy, so no worries there. Forte, I don't know about trading him, I guess it depends on what you can get. It sure would be nice to rotate Taylor and Forte or have one of them to carry the load if the other is injured.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow the Bears signing Peppers is huge, but this completely overshadows the signing of Chester Taylor. A great 3rd down RB, I watched too many Vikings games last year (my brother being a fan) and at times felt more comfortable watching Taylor take the hand offs rather than Adrian McFumble. The guy just seems to be able to pound the ball in in tight spots and clutch situations.

They still have Jay Cutler and will go 9-7 or 8-8 this year after he throws 30 INT.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Steelers signed safety Will Allen to 3 year deal...

See ya Ryan Clark, he'll probably sign with Miami.....

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Monday's moves

WR Jason Avant -- The Eagles and their No. 3 target came to terms on a new five-year deal. Avant had been a restricted free agent.

Monday's rumors:

RB Thomas Jones -- Likely to meet with the Chiefs today according to ESPN.
    QB Michael Vick -- The Eagles are poised to pay his $1.5 million roster bonus tomorrow, which would mean Vick stays in Philadelphia another season barring a trade later in the offseason.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post

I dunno VA...all of a sudden we need a new nose tackle.

Jason Ferguson's suspension makes nose tackle a draft priority for Miami Dolphins

The news Sunday that unrestricted free agent and former Dolphin nose tackle Jason Ferguson has had a second positive test for performance-enhancing drugs couldn't have been welcome in the Dolphins' offices.

While no decision had been made on whether to bring back the 13-year veteran, the mere fact he'll be suspended for the first eight games of the 2010 season makes finding help at the position a priority.

The importance of a quality nose tackle was underscored in recent weeks when four teams put franchise tags on their starters at the position. New England's Vince Wilfork, Pittsburgh's Casey Hampton, San Francisco's Aubrayo Franklin and Green Bay's Ryan Pickett will all be well-compensated this year as a result.

With few options available in free agency, the Dolphins will likely turn their attention to the April 22-24 NFL Draft, where a relatively deep class will offer at least four quality nose tackles in the first two to three rounds.

Miami would likely have to use its first pick, No. 12 overall, to get Tennessee's Dan Williams, who has shot up the board after an excellent senior season. The 6-foot-2, 327-pounder, who has been training at HP Sports in Delray Beach, said working under former Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin last season was "a blessing."

"He really helped me in pre-game preparation and helped me on the field," Williams said at last month's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Scouts said Williams' quickness sets him apart.

"That was an area I was really working on (last) spring and in the off-season," he said. "That's a part of the game where I felt I was always improving. It may not show up in sacks (Williams had 2 1/2 last season, although he also had a team-high nine tackles for loss), but if you watch my film, there were a lot of hurries. I worked on it everyday."

Williams has jumped ahead of Alabama's Terrence Cody on most draft boards. A consensus first-team All-America whose weight has raised questions about him being an every-down player, Cody was able to drop 16 pounds between the Senior Bowl and Combine, where he weighed in at 354.

"Cody knew when to stop eating — or start working, I'm not sure which," former Dallas Cowboys player personnel director Gil Brandt quipped after the weigh-in.

There's a reasonably good chance Cody will be available to the Dolphins in the second round, but if not, they might do just as well opting for Cam Thomas of North Carolina or Terrell Troup of Central Florida, both of whom could be available as far down as the third.

Like Williams, both played for coaches with NFL backgrounds — Butch Davis at UNC and George O'Leary at UCF.

"Our defense is pro-style," Thomas said at the Combine. "We're attacking, we're gap-scheming and stuff like that. Most of the stuff I'm already used to."

Troup struggled to crack the top 10 in most scouts' rankings prior to last season. Now he's in the top five on most and feels he's still learning.

"I honestly feel I'm one of the better players in the nation," he said at the Combine.

With more than half the teams in the NFL now playing 3-4 defenses, Troup said there's a growing recognition of the importance of a quality nose tackle.

"People are realizing that to have a good defense they've got to start up front," he said. "They can't have a good defense without that middle guy."

Jason Ferguson's suspension makes nose tackle a draft priority for Miami Dolphins

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Now how's this for a cool thing to do?

Scott Fujita knows the right way to leave a city

It was heartwarming when the long-downtrodden Saints won the Super Bowl. It didn't get any less heartwarming when Drew Brees(notes) made the media rounds in the weeks after the game, establishing himself as the sweetest and most humble man in America.

Apparently, everyone on the entire team was an absolute ray of sunshine.

Scott Fujita(notes), a somewhat unheralded linebacker on that Super Bowl team, recently signed as a free agent with the Cleveland Browns. Before leaving town, though, Fujita did one more thing for the people of New Orleans: He gave half of his Super Bowl check to charity, half of that going to relief efforts in Haiti, and the other half going to coastal restoration in New Orleans. From nola.com:

"The people of this city and region have been so good to me and my family that we just felt strongly about doing something to protect the city we have come to love so much, " Fujita said. "And helping on the coastal issue has been on the back of my mind since I first got here."

Take note, other free agents. That's how you leave a city. So far, the bar has been set at "hold a tearful press conference" or "thank the fans in a full-page newspaper ad" for a classy exit. Scott Fujita just raised it.

Anyway, he's Cleveland's now, and if he'd like to continue his streak of doing charitable things for cities in which he plays, I'm sure he'll find an option or two in Cleveland.

Scott Fujita knows the right way to leave a city - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    agreed, very cool. a shame that it doesn't happen more often.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post

I stand corrected, Clark changed his mind and re-signed with the Steelers with a 4 year deal....

Then they welcomed back Antwan Randle El for a 3 year deal, as well as 4th receiver Arnaz Battle.....

Thread Information