Thread: NFL 2010 Offseason

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    Has anyone actually read the transcripts from the witnesses or the accuser?
    On April 15, the Smoking Gun website came up with (what the site claims to be) the original handwritten reports filed by the witness. Even the overview sheet (find it here) is really, really disturbing. Interestingly, this same information was repeated almost verbatim the following day by the more "respected" LA Times Newspaper.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That report is very disturbing. Roethlisberger is a piece of shit.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Dallas Cowboys get Dez Bryant! Talk about an arsenal. The number two offense in the NFL just got a lot better.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Loved the 'She Said No!' chant when the Steelers were on the clock... Gotta love a New York crowd!!!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the pack picks a big cornfed iowegian, go figure. we can use the o-line help, that's for sure.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Holy Fuckin' Shit!!! My Broncos snagged Tebow? I'm cuntfused as to their strategy at this point and especially in that position? They already signed that bust Quinn. Seriously, I'm beyond cuntfused. Even more that normal. :confused:
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i think he'll be a great tight end this year.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe? I have zero fucking clue as to what they're fucking attempting?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Again, I'm beyond fucked up with the Brady Quinn signing, I mean, WTF was the point of that one?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and they still have dingleberry orton, right?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, but don't you know that us Bronco fans are supposed to be "Supporton Orton?"

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe? I have zero fucking clue as to what they're fucking attempting?
    Job security for Daniels... he'll sell Bowlen on the fact that he can turn Tebow into Brady/Cassell if he has a few years (3 or 4) to slowly develop him.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Job security for Daniels... he'll sell Bowlen on the fact that he can turn Tebow into Brady/Cassell if he has a few years (3 or 4) to slowly develop him.
    Cassell's doin' great on his own with KC isn't he? Good points though.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Holy Fuckin' Shit!!! My Broncos snagged Tebow? I'm cuntfused as to their strategy at this point and especially in that position? They already signed that bust Quinn. Seriously, I'm beyond cuntfused. Even more that normal. :confused:
    You ain't alone here. The entire ESPN staff (including Ron Jaworski, which tells you something) are shaking their heads over it. I really don't see hiring a guy that high in the draft, then paying him a boatload of money to sit around or hold a clipboard for years. I hope McDaniels knows what he's doing, because for that kind of money the guy better get on the field pretty quickly.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some people had Tebow graded as a fifth round pick. I thought he might go late 2nd or 3rd. I would have to agree that if you are going to pay 1st round money, you want to see some production. Should be interesting to see how they get him on the field.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    The Dallas Cowboys get Dez Bryant! Talk about an arsenal. The number two offense in the NFL just got a lot better.
    Now they need to get rid of Roy Williams! That's a hell of a receiving duo...Miles Austin and Dez Bryant.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It doesn't appear Roy will be going anywhere. However, Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have both asked to be traded. I just saw Jerry Jones say they could all end up still being on the roster. I have to believe Hurd would be the odd man out with Kevin Ogletree taking the fifth receiver spot. As much as Cowboys fans want to get rid of Roy, he still had 600 yds receiving and 7 tds last season. Over paid? YES! But everyone has to remember that Witten had over a 1000 yds and so did Miles. Romo threw for 4500 yds. So if we flipped Roys numbers and Austins numbers then everyone would be waiting for Miles to break out. To me, it doesn't matter, as long as I'm not paying the bill. I am happy to have Dez, Roy and Miles. If one of those guys gets hurt, we still have two legit WR'S on the roster. I heard Jerry say pretty much the same thing yesterday. One thing is for sure in Dallas, they have an offense that strikes fear in EVERY team in the NFL, and if anyone says different, they are full of shit.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    McDaniel can't make a deal on his own, so he watched Belicheck, and took who he thought Belisuck was going to take him...

and they either were...or were trying to lead other teams down the wrong path...which is possible.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Well...aside the fact that Brady was a sixth round pick, and a prototypical drop-back passer, and Cassell was a prototypical drop-back passer stuck behind a heisman trophy winner at the #1 program in the country...

Tebow...who regardless of his holy roller-ness, is as dumb as a rock. Have you heard the kid talk? He sounds like a fourth grader.

If McDaniel can sell Bowlen on the slow develop, he should be given the commisioners job...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    McDaniel can't make a deal on his own, so he watched Belicheck, and took who he thought Belisuck was going to take him...

and they either were...or were trying to lead other teams down the wrong path...which is possible.
    Look at what McDaniels has done in a single year, as it's mind-numbing: Drafted Tom Brandstater (who?), traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, went 8 and 8, dumped Brandon Marshall and now picks Tim Tebow in the first round of the draft. I guess you could say this is vaguely Belichick-like. It's also astonishingly nebulous with regard to any evidence of an actual plan.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i like this quote..

Okay, let's get this straight. The Bears trade pretty much everything, up to and including George Halas' first leather helmet, for quarterback Jay Cutler(notes). They have needs all over their roster, despite a very active free agency plunge. And in their draft, which didn't start until the 75th overall pick, they spend one of their five picks on ... Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour, who refused to throw at the combine because he wasn't familiar with the receivers. Ouch, guys.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post

Tebow...who regardless of his holy roller-ness, is as dumb as a rock. Have you heard the kid talk? He sounds like a fourth grader.
    This might actually work then cos McDaniels looks like he's in fourth grade.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's statement Monday regarding the six-game suspension given him last week by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's statement Monday regarding the six-game suspension given him last week by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire.

...and this time he means it!!!
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

That girl on the left looks like a young Hillary Clinton. I've seen better looking women than those skanks in that picture. You would think a famous, multi-millionaire athlete could find some better tail than that, and wouldn't have to resort to rape to get him some pussy, even if he's nothing to look at himself.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    nah, they all look like high school chics too..what a dumbdick. his shirt says it all (h.s. like) lol

EUAS

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redblkwht View Post
    nah, they all look like high school chics too..what a dumbdick. his shirt says it all (h.s. like) lol
    lmao @ "dumbdick!!!"

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This twit was a bust for the Cowboys, but the Bengals must see something in him. I sure don't.

Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals

Pacman Jones agreed to a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, NFL.com and the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Jones worked out for the Bengals earlier this week, and the sides had been discussing terms of a deal. He hasn't played in the NFL since 2008. He sat out last season and was suspended for the 2007 season and for six games of the 2008 season.

The Enquirer reported the deal is for two years at the league minimum salary (about $630,000), with the potential to earn more in incentives.

Jones said last week he wanted to return to the NFL. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer worked with Jones when the two were in Dallas and told the team's website he will hold Jones accountable for his actions.

"I'll be on him at all times," Zimmer said. He added that Jones "looked me in the eye and shook my hand" that he would conduct himself with more discipline.

Zimmer said Jones will not be competing for a starting spot. -- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...with-bengals/1

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals
    Um and yes this will work out well...

Wonder what Ocho Cinco's thoughts are regarding this? lmao

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How come I am not surprised by this?

Brandon Marshall has surgery, out until Dolphins training camp

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Brandon Marshall (FSY) will be sidelined until at least the start of Miami Dolphins training camp while he recovers from an undisclosed surgery.

The wide receiver has been rehabbing, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said.

Sparano would not disclose the nature of the surgery, saying only that it was something the team did not expect when it acquired the wide receiver from the Denver Broncos. (Gee, ya think? )

Marshall didn't participate in an offseason practice with his new team Wednesday, instead working out on an exercise bike before watching his new teammates participate in on-field drills.

Marshall would not disclose the nature of the injury, deferring that question to Sparano.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...marshall_N.htm

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Judas priest...

Well, if the fins can tame his wild ass, he could be decent cos there's no questioning his talent. Prob is, he's a punk ass, spoiled, bitch!!!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's just it...I'm pretty sure he had surgery last year at this time, which was the start of the general weirdness between him and Josh McDaniels. Next thing you know, after asking to be traded, him and Josh were doing that creepy Eddie Van Halen/soul mate thing, which for all means and purposes ended after what, 1/3 of the way into the season? And we know how things pretty much went south after that.

Fingers crossed. By the way, word has it that the Raiders have passed on Terrell Owens. Imagine how bad your stock has dropped when even Oakland doesn't want you at this point.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    That's just it...I'm pretty sure he had surgery last year at this time, which was the start of the general weirdness between him and Josh McDaniels. Next thing you know, after asking to be traded, him and Josh were doing that creepy Eddie Van Halen/soul mate thing, which for all means and purposes ended after what, 1/3 of the way into the season? And we know how things pretty much went south after that.
    Well, before we even prolong any further conversation's regarding McDaniels (cos goodness knows, I haven't the faintest idea what goes on within that beedy 'lil mind of his?) we should wait until Kristi chimes in? She seems to be the Army's resident self appointed know all regarding anything Broncos. lol

By the way, word has it that the Raiders have passed on Terrell Owens. Imagine how bad your stock has dropped when even Oakland doesn't want you at this point.
    LMFAO!!! Well, I figured T.O. was down the proverbial NFL shittah when he was shipped off to Buffalo anyway. Nevertheless, when Granma Al's living zombie corpse passes for his Resthome Quivverin' Crack squad, all hope's lost.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The RAIDERS suck mightily of the poop-stick. And RaiderNATION suck on that thing like a soda-straw of FAIL.

That is all. /rant

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Saw that Santana Moss is now being called out for juicing?? When are these fuckers ever going to learn?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    awwwww, JEZUHZ H. !!

LAKE DELTON - Two women told authorities a Green Bay Packers player raped them in a resort condo Saturday morning.
    The player, whose name is being withheld by the Lake Delton Police Department, denies the accusation and says the sex was consensual.
    The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has reported that three unnamed sources familiar with the case say the player under investigation is second-year cornerback Brandon Underwood.
    "At this point, we can't say whether it's totally credible or totally uncredible," said Police Chief Tom Dorner about the story provided by the alleged victims. "If we really had good evidence against this person he'd be in jail right now instead of released."
    Dorner said he plans to turn over evidence from his department's investigation to the district attorney Tuesday. The district attorney will then decide whether criminal charges should be filed, he said.
    Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett declined to comment.
    Police say officers responded to a 911 call from the two women just after 4 a.m. Saturday, and were directed to a condo at the Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort on Canyon Road.
    Dorner said the women told officers they met the Packers player at a local bar and returned to the condo with him sometime in the early morning. They allege the rape occurred in a room within the condo.
    "Originally, (the two women) alleged that there was more than one person involved in the sexual assault," Dorner said, adding that it is unclear why the two women now claim only one Packer was the perpetrator.

http://www.wiscnews.com/portagedaily...cc4c03286.html

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As you can imagine, ESPN is playing the crap out of these recordings right now.

Steelers shrug off release of Roethlisberger DVDs

By JOE MANDAK (AP) – 17 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH — DVDs? What DVDs?

That, generally, was the reaction of several Pittsburgh Steelers asked about more than 50 audio recordings and DVDs released Wednesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation from its investigation of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a college student during a night of partying in the small Georgia town of Milledgeville on March 5. No charges were filed against Roethlisberger, but he did receive a six-game suspension from the NFL for his behavior.

The GBI released DVDs to the media showing video and audio recordings of the interviews that were conducted, along with photos from the scene and surveillance tapes.

The release of the information drew little reaction at the Steelers' minicamp Wednesday.

Roethlisberger didn't take questions and was escorted from the indoor training field on a rainy day by a team spokesman. Wide receiver Hines Ward spent more time talking about a rained-out charity softball game, and safety Troy Polamalu spoke mostly about returning from a season-ending knee injury.

"It's not even something that's being discussed," backup quarterback Charlie Batch said of the release of the investigative information.

Why? "Because it has nothing to do with football," he said.

Willie Colon, the only teammate with Roethlisberger at the Georgia nightclub, said he learned only Wednesday morning that the DVDs, including one of his police interview, were being released to the public, and hasn't had a chance to speak with Roethlisberger about it.

"I had no idea that it was going to be released to the public," Colon said. "So, whatever comes out, comes out and I'm going to go accordingly."

Tight end Heath Miller thought a reporter was asking him about an official team video.

"Oh, I didn't know what you were talking about," Miller said. "I thought you were talking about a highlight DVD or something."

Asked about the DVDs, Polamalu said, "It's the first time I've heard of it."

Polamalu doesn't think players are ignoring the issue specifically. He said athletes just tune out the media — period — an ironic comment from perhaps the most polite, media-friendly member of the Steelers.

"I think it's the nature of any athlete not to pay attention to what the media says, whether it's talking about who's gonna win the game, who's weak, who's good, who's bad ...," Polamalu said.

Ward said he wasn't aware of the DVDs until someone mentioned it to him before he spoke to reporters.

"But it'd be cool kind of to watch and see if you was interested in it but, it's not going to change the fact that he's still suspended," he said. "I mean, so, to be honest it really doesn't matter."

Still, Ward believes the experience — and the suspension — have changed Roethlisberger.

"When you take the game of football away from somebody, it's very humbling," Ward said. "I know he's itching at the bit to get back out on the field and to have success like he's had over the years."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7H8oQD9G7VEQ80

Thread Information