Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

NFL rules also will now echo those in college when a player running with the ball loses his helmet. The whistle will blow immediately and the ball will be placed at the “progress spot” where the helmet came off.

NFL passes player safety rules - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

i dunno about this one, seems kinda wimpy.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I'm too fucking lazy to retype this but here's what I wrote on another site:

Just watched NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's press conference on the whole thing and it sounds good. Seriously and as far as OT goes in the NFL, I could care less cos the sudden death is what I've been raised with my entire life. However, I do see where it does bother some folks. My problem (until after hearing Goodell) was why just the postseason? Well, he cleared that up by saying if this works out alright then the regular season will be the next step. Still, what is really dumb to me is if the receiving team makes a TD on their first possession, you know what? The game's STILL over which kind of puts a dent in the entire "It's not fair for BOTH teams to not have possession at least once." stance. I mean six points or three on an opening drive to win a big game, what's the fucking diff?

I maintain my stance that if the NFL wants to really and truly incorporate a more fair OT system, they should look at the college games. Shoot, even some Highschool programs don't have so much friggin' fluff.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Surprised the owners pushed this overtime thing through so quickly.
          They could have done it much better and much simpler.
          a) Eliminate the coin-toss... base it on net yardage
          b) Each team is given at least one possession... after that it's either over or on to sudden death rules.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Jets are gonna be featured on the season's 'Hard Knocks'.
            Rex should make for good uncensored TV.

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Surprised the owners pushed this overtime thing through so quickly.
              They could have done it much better and much simpler.
              a) Eliminate the coin-toss... base it on net yardage
              b) Each team is given at least one possession... after that it's either over or on to sudden death rules.
              I agree it's beyond premature and pretty dumb. It's like they're testing the waters with affiliates before they actually act. Gotta see how it affects the markets cos they wouldn't want another "Heidi" nor it to fuck up (god forbid) any of the wonderful budweiser ads.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                NFL rules also will now echo those in college when a player running with the ball loses his helmet. The whistle will blow immediately and the ball will be placed at the “progress spot” where the helmet came off.

NFL passes player safety rules - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
                Yet another good call, there has been a few late hits/easy targets for defense
                when this has happened, good move NFL.

EUAS

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Looks like the Eagles are shopping McNabb. The Raiders and Bills seem to be interested.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Looks like the Eagles are shopping McNabb. The Raiders and Bills seem to be interested.
                    Don't know why the Rams aren't... take Suh with the #1 pick and give the first pick of round 2 to the Eagles for McNabb. I don't really think Bradford is the way to go.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

The 49ers should be trying to get McNabb as well... they do that deal and they are the best team in the NFC West.

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I heard McNabb's going to end up a Ram? So, what does that mean for dogkiller? Does he remain with Philly?
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MAX
                          I heard McNabb's going to end up a Ram? So, what does that mean for dogkiller? Does he remain with Philly?
                          who else is gonna run their killer wildcat formations?

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            As usual, what is fouling things up in this is...Brett Favre. Minnesota is interested, but it hinges on Favre not returning. It's also unlikely the Eagles would want to trade Don to the Vikings. From what I have seen, Philly wants a first round pick for McNabb, so the Rams could accommodate. The wild cards in this are the Raiders and the Bills, but I doubt that McNabb would want to go to either one, because it would essentially mean starting over from scratch, which in a way makes you wonder why he'd wish to go to the Rams.

So I figure it's the Vikings or bust, and he just stays put. Vick still looks shaky, and it's unlikely that he'd be named the starter over Don.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              who else is gonna run their killer wildcat formations?
                              Maybe they should send him to Miami? The cat seems to be working well for them.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                                Maybe they should send him to Miami? The cat seems to be working well for them.
                                Come to find out, Ronnie Brown tested twice over the legal limit. I wouldn't be surprised if we laid off the wild cat this season. Yes, we run it better than most, but that's because we have to. Our receivers aren't exactly lighting up the score board. Sparano seems to believe that Chad Henne is the future, anyway. Plus, everybody is running it now, so everyone has a plan to defend against it by now. It's no longer the novelty it once was.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...