Thread: NFL 2010 Offseason

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Vikings "appear to have interest" in LaDainian Tomlinson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2010 10:45 PM ET
    When the Chargers cut running back LaDainian Tomlinson, we immediately pointed out the possibility of one Texas native joining forces with another Texas native who plays tailback in Minnesota.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Vikings "appear to have interest" in the 2006 NFL MVP.

Zulgad also writes that the Vikings "aren't believed to have expressed interest" in veteran tailback Brian Westbrook, who played for the Eagles when Vikings coach Brad Childress served as the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia.

Before the Vikings act on that interest, they'll need to determine whether Tomlinson is interested in being a backup to Adrian Peterson. L.T. might want to exhaust any opportunities to be the lead dog elsewhere before accepting a backup role.

Because Tomlinson was cut, the Vikings are free to sign him without regard to the rules of the "Final Eight Plan."

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boldin calls dealing with Cardinals "totally unacceptable"

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2010 9:53 AM ET
    Four days after he was traded from Arizona to Baltimore, wide receiver Anquan Boldin said he was disappointed that the Cardinals didn't deal forthrightly with him over the last couple of seasons.

"As far as relationships with the organization, things began to sour," Boldin said Tuesday morning on ESPN Radio. "From my end there were some promises that were made, and some sacrifices on my part, and they just didn't live up to their end of the bargain.

"For me, I'm a straight-up guy. I think if you come up and talk to me and tell me exactlly where things are going and what you're thinking, even if I don't agree I can definitely respect it. But to be led the wrong way and told something differently is totally unacceptable to me."

Boldin declined to name who, specifically, had misled him, other than to say, "It was with the decision-makers, I would say, for the Cardinals."

Boldin said he still thinks the Cardinals have the makings of a good team, but he questioned whether the front office is adequately prepared for losing team leaders like Kurt Warner, Antrel Rolle, Karlos Dansby and Bertrand Berry.

Ultimately, Boldin says, even though he's glad to be heading to Baltimore, he looks back with a lot of affection for many of the people he played with in Arizona.

"Leaving Arizona was bittersweet," Boldin said. "That's the only place that I've known professionally. I played there for seven years, built a lot of great relationships on and off the field, I was very involved in the community. So it was very bittersweet."

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wed Mar 10, 6:49 am ET
    BRISTOL, Conn. – Robert De Niro is set to play Vince Lombardi in an upcoming movie.
    ESPN announced Tuesday that the Academy Award-winning actor has agreed to play the Hall of Fame coach in the film it is developing with Andell Entertainment and the NFL.
    "Lombardi" will chronicle the years in which he transformed the Green Bay Packers from the NFL's worst team to league champions. It is tentatively scheduled to be released in 2012 during the weekend between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.
    Screenwriter Eric Roth, who won an Oscar for "Forrest Gump," has also signed on to the project. De Niro's Tribeca Productions will join the producing group. A director has yet to be chosen.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Goodell backs OT rule change

Associated Press

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday at the NFL owners meetings that he likes the proposal to modify overtime in the playoffs.

The competition committee at meetings in Orlando, Fla., recommended to the 32 owners that a team losing the coin toss and then surrendering a field goal on the first possession should have a series of its own in OT. Such a rules change would need 24 votes for ratification.

Also at the meetings:

-- A proposal for a play to be whistled dead when the helmet of the ball carrier comes off also will draw much debate by owners. If passed, the ball will be spotted where the helmet comes off.

-- Barring unforeseen opposition, the position of the umpire will be moved from in the area of the linebackers to behind the offensive backfield. This change would come after at least 100 instances of umpires being knocked to the ground last season.

-- Goodell plans to meet with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger about the star's off-field problems.

Briefly: The Patriots were awarded the maximum of four compensatory picks in April's NFL draft. The selections will come in the sixth and seventh rounds.

NFL / Goodell backs OT rule change

Court Date Set For Dolphins' Brown On DUI Charge

MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) ― Miami Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown has an initial court appearance set for May 13 on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Marietta Police spokeswoman Jennifer Murphy said Tuesday the date is tentative and Brown may not have to appear in person.

The 28-year-old Brown, a five-year NFL veteran who played college football at Auburn, was arrested early Saturday.

Brown's mother told The Associated Press in a phone interview on Monday that Brown was visiting his hometown of Cartersville for her and her husband's 32nd anniversary. She said he had eaten dinner with relatives and then went to a club.

Brown was released hours after his arrest on $1,110 bond. His mother says he has an attorney but declined to give his name.

Court Date Set For Dolphins' Brown On DUI Charge - cbs4.com

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NFL rules also will now echo those in college when a player running with the ball loses his helmet. The whistle will blow immediately and the ball will be placed at the “progress spot” where the helmet came off.

NFL passes player safety rules - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i dunno about this one, seems kinda wimpy.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm too fucking lazy to retype this but here's what I wrote on another site:

Just watched NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's press conference on the whole thing and it sounds good. Seriously and as far as OT goes in the NFL, I could care less cos the sudden death is what I've been raised with my entire life. However, I do see where it does bother some folks. My problem (until after hearing Goodell) was why just the postseason? Well, he cleared that up by saying if this works out alright then the regular season will be the next step. Still, what is really dumb to me is if the receiving team makes a TD on their first possession, you know what? The game's STILL over which kind of puts a dent in the entire "It's not fair for BOTH teams to not have possession at least once." stance. I mean six points or three on an opening drive to win a big game, what's the fucking diff?

I maintain my stance that if the NFL wants to really and truly incorporate a more fair OT system, they should look at the college games. Shoot, even some Highschool programs don't have so much friggin' fluff.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Surprised the owners pushed this overtime thing through so quickly.
    They could have done it much better and much simpler.
    a) Eliminate the coin-toss... base it on net yardage
    b) Each team is given at least one possession... after that it's either over or on to sudden death rules.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jets are gonna be featured on the season's 'Hard Knocks'.
    Rex should make for good uncensored TV.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Surprised the owners pushed this overtime thing through so quickly.
    They could have done it much better and much simpler.
    a) Eliminate the coin-toss... base it on net yardage
    b) Each team is given at least one possession... after that it's either over or on to sudden death rules.
    I agree it's beyond premature and pretty dumb. It's like they're testing the waters with affiliates before they actually act. Gotta see how it affects the markets cos they wouldn't want another "Heidi" nor it to fuck up (god forbid) any of the wonderful budweiser ads.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    NFL rules also will now echo those in college when a player running with the ball loses his helmet. The whistle will blow immediately and the ball will be placed at the “progress spot” where the helmet came off.

NFL passes player safety rules - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    Yet another good call, there has been a few late hits/easy targets for defense
    when this has happened, good move NFL.

EUAS

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looks like the Eagles are shopping McNabb. The Raiders and Bills seem to be interested.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    Looks like the Eagles are shopping McNabb. The Raiders and Bills seem to be interested.
    Don't know why the Rams aren't... take Suh with the #1 pick and give the first pick of round 2 to the Eagles for McNabb. I don't really think Bradford is the way to go.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The 49ers should be trying to get McNabb as well... they do that deal and they are the best team in the NFC West.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard McNabb's going to end up a Ram? So, what does that mean for dogkiller? Does he remain with Philly?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    I heard McNabb's going to end up a Ram? So, what does that mean for dogkiller? Does he remain with Philly?
    who else is gonna run their killer wildcat formations?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As usual, what is fouling things up in this is...Brett Favre. Minnesota is interested, but it hinges on Favre not returning. It's also unlikely the Eagles would want to trade Don to the Vikings. From what I have seen, Philly wants a first round pick for McNabb, so the Rams could accommodate. The wild cards in this are the Raiders and the Bills, but I doubt that McNabb would want to go to either one, because it would essentially mean starting over from scratch, which in a way makes you wonder why he'd wish to go to the Rams.

So I figure it's the Vikings or bust, and he just stays put. Vick still looks shaky, and it's unlikely that he'd be named the starter over Don.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    who else is gonna run their killer wildcat formations?
    Maybe they should send him to Miami? The cat seems to be working well for them.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe they should send him to Miami? The cat seems to be working well for them.
    Come to find out, Ronnie Brown tested twice over the legal limit. I wouldn't be surprised if we laid off the wild cat this season. Yes, we run it better than most, but that's because we have to. Our receivers aren't exactly lighting up the score board. Sparano seems to believe that Chad Henne is the future, anyway. Plus, everybody is running it now, so everyone has a plan to defend against it by now. It's no longer the novelty it once was.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    As usual, what is fouling things up in this is...Brett Favre. Minnesota is interested, but it hinges on Favre not returning. It's also unlikely the Eagles would want to trade Don to the Vikings. From what I have seen, Philly wants a first round pick for McNabb, so the Rams could accommodate. The wild cards in this are the Raiders and the Bills, but I doubt that McNabb would want to go to either one, because it would essentially mean starting over from scratch, which in a way makes you wonder why he'd wish to go to the Rams.

So I figure it's the Vikings or bust, and he just stays put. Vick still looks shaky, and it's unlikely that he'd be named the starter over Don.
    Uh oh, didn't see you here. Thus, my Dolphins joke wouldn't have made the cut to Pete's Brother. lol

Anyhoo and barring a freak tractor accident, Favre will be back in purple. I mean, we'll all undoubtedly have to endure the inevitable Favre Watch (during the summer Sportsenter Top Stories programming every five minutes) regardless. Favre wants an ending like Elway had, there's no doubt and he's fucking close to getting it. I mean had a cupla bad calls have gone the Vikes way in the NFC Championship (yes, even prior to his final int) Favre might be retired for good.

Again, he'll be back.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Come to find out, Ronnie Brown tested twice over the legal limit. I wouldn't be surprised if we laid off the wild cat this season. Yes, we run it better than most, but that's because we have to. Our receivers aren't exactly lighting up the score board. Sparano seems to believe that Chad Henne is the future, anyway. Plus, everybody is running it now, so everyone has a plan to defend against it by now. It's no longer the novelty it once was.
    Is Ricky going to be back this year?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    favre? that old jet's quarterback? i vaguely remember him.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is Ricky going to be back this year?
    This will be his last season. I wonder if he ever paid back all of that money? In any event, he's then off to the Himalayas or wherever the hell he goes. And he has that holistic massage career to fall back on, as well.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This will be his last season. I wonder if he ever paid back all of that money? In any event, he's then off to the Himalayas or wherever the hell he goes. And he has that holistic massage career to fall back on, as well.

Ricky is a fucking shame and a poster boy for those that say smoking pot doesn't fuck you up.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    favre? that old jet's quarterback? i vaguely remember him.
    Old Jets qb? You mean Namath? No wait, he ended up with the Rams just like Donnovan will.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ricky is a fucking shame and a poster boy for those that say smoking pot doesn't fuck you up.
    Think about it though...if he had not quit when he did, the Dolphins just would have burned him up like Houston did with Earl Campbell. Then again, he'd probably be playing for the Saints by now, a former shell of himself only he'd have a Super Bowl ring to show for his career.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Old Jets qb? You mean Namath? No wait, he ended up with the Rams just like Donnovan will.
    But Namath only played 2 or 3 games with the Rams before retiring, didn't he? His knees were shot at that point.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Think about it though...if he had not quit when he did, the Dolphins just would have burned him up like Houston did with Earl Campbell. Then again, he'd probably be playing for the Saints by now, a former shell of himself only he'd have a Super Bowl ring to show for his career.

Yeah, we all know the shelflife for a stellar RB isn't long of a lifespan. However, Campbell was the shit. I loved him as a kid.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But Namath only played 2 or 3 games with the Rams before retiring, didn't he? His knees were shot at that point.
    Fuck, his knees were shot by Super Bowl III.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    With the SuperBowl in Dallas this season, and being an uncapped year, I would've thought Jerry "Fire Marshall Bill" Jones would be more active in free agency.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    plenty of time for that after the draft i'm sure.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GO-SPURS-GO View Post
    Jerry "Fire Marshall Bill" Jones.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats frikken funny GSG!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Cowboys cut LT Flozell Adams and S Ken Hamlin. Being a Cowboys fan, I'm ok with Hamlin leaving but I'm not so sure about Flo. Jerry Jones better have a plan up his sleeve for a draft day move up the board or a trade involved for someones existing LT.

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is some smelly bullshit flaoting along the airwaves around here that the dumbass Redskins were looking to trade for the Eagles' McKnob.

WTF is wrong with you people?!!!

WTF IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?!!!

Someone needs to waterboard the Redskin's owner and front office for even considering such a rediculous move.

~Only you can prevent low volume~

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm Just A Cheese-Head.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down

The Washington Redskin Leadership is a fucking joke!!!

No I'm not going to that other thread, fuck offff I'm pissed.
    That cocksucking gizmopper that owns my team needs a serious session with bamboo and his fucking fingernails.

Sick of that motherfucker fucking up a great organization with greedy, foolish decisions. I hope a pipe breaks, gas escapes, and all of Redskins Park burns to the fucking ground.

1 year? His last year before probable retirement?!

Fuck you selfish and greedy fucking Assholes in the head office.
    I would love to hear your noses snap as my elbow whistles by, you cocksuckers!
    Last edited by VanHalener; 04-04-2010 at 09:31 PM.

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey McKnob and the Deadskins...

Fuuuhuhuhuhuhhkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

This bullshit is all over the radio again this morning.
    Hey radio guys...Fuuuuhuhuhuhhhkkkk Youuuuuuuuu!

I think I will watch field hockey instead of football this year. Skirts, legs, and bouncing breasts is what a real game is all about.

Fuck You Redskins!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, I feel your pain. Not only is McChoke your QB, but Snyder actually gave up draft picks to get this chump.

Thread Information