Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalener View Post
    There is some smelly bullshit flaoting along the airwaves around here that the dumbass Redskins were looking to trade for the Eagles' McKnob.

WTF is wrong with you people?!!!

WTF IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?!!!

Someone needs to waterboard the Redskin's owner and front office for even considering such a rediculous move.

You think Jason Campbell has a better chance than Chunky Soup Boy?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    A better question is just what were the Eagles thinking? Their defense is shot, they have no ground attack, their second string qb's are Kolb and Vick, each showing some flashes of skill but neither could be confused for being starting material, so in order to set the ship right they trade McNabb. Huh?

MAX, our good friend chris must be apoplectic at this very moment.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    Hell No! I never wanted him there either.

Someone needs to take the owner and sell him to the gay slave traders in Bangkok.

The subject upsets me too much right now to talk more about it. My wife is a chainbelt in Kung Fu and she pretty much kicked my ass when she heard the news. I need to rest the arm she made me reset on my own.

-We like it rough-
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    A better question is just what were the Eagles thinking? Their defense is shot, they have no ground attack, their second string qb's are Kolb and Vick, each showing some flashes of skill but neither could be confused for being starting material, so in order to set the ship right they trade McNabb. Huh?

I think Kolb is an upgrade over McNabb. The dude is a passer with much better accuracy than McChunky. We will find out soon enough.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

That poor bastiiiid just can't catch a break. I say since they dumped McNabb, fuck Andy Reid as well. Seriously, WTF are they trying to do, just keep almost getting there and saying "fuck it?"

Shit Vermeil came back and retired strong. Fuck, even Jaws has a successful career in broadcasting.

The city of brotherly love even fucking argues as to which is better Geno's or Pat's and they're right across the street from one another!!!

Fuck the Eagles, fuck their fans, fuck the city and while we're at it, fuck me too!!!

*note to self* anger management much?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    I think Kolb is an upgrade over McNabb. The dude is a passer with much better accuracy than McChunky. We will find out soon enough.
    Yeah, that Kolb kid's a much better choice than a proven winner. As Craig already pointed out prior, the eagles problems aren't (make that weren't) with the quarterback.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brandon Marshall is going to Miami for a second rounder in this year's draft and possibly a second rounder in 2011.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pittsburgh should trade Roethlisberger....
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    If the 49ers could swing that deal they would no doubt win the NFC West.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was listening to the Sirius Blitz while I was out running errands during lunch and heard that the Dolphins are sending Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers for an unspecified pick in the later rounds.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yup, and boller is a raider.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    I was listening to the Sirius Blitz while I was out running errands during lunch and heard that the Dolphins are sending Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers for an unspecified pick in the later rounds.
    Good riddance, the guy was an overpaid bust. Thanks a bunch Cam, for drafting Ginn and his family. You moron.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I read the whole thing from dropping the pants to the cops blocking the bathroom
    while he did her in a stall.this guy is beyond an asshole.
    That was Insane, the Steelers should just cut him.

EUAS

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Et tu, Pojo? Wow, even a diehard Steelers fan like Pojo thinks it's time to get rid of Rapistburger...damn, I never thought I'd see that.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pittsburgh should trade Ben to the Rapers...er, Raiders. That would be punishment enough...or send him to NFL Siberia...Detroit.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redblkwht View Post
    I read the whole thing from dropping the pants to the cops blocking the bathroom
    while he did her in a stall.this guy is beyond an asshole.
    That was Insane, the Steelers should just cut him.
    This guy obviously has issues, and there's been too many women coming forward lately claiming that Rapistburger raped them for it not to be true. You know the old saying, where there's smoke there's fire. Rapistburger is a great NFL QB, but he seems to be an even bigger shitheel of a human being off the field, and he's becoming a liability for the Steelers organization. I agree...they should either trade him on draft day for some picks or just plain cut him.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If the Steelers were to trade Rapistburger, what kind of trade value does he have now considering all of this off the field baggage he carries with him?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry for the serial posting. I'm channeling my inner Nitro Express!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Pittsburgh should trade Ben to the Rapers...er, Raiders. That would be punishment enough...or send him to NFL Siberia...Detroit.
    You know what Al Davis is like. He would pick up Rapistburger in a heartbeat just to thumb his nose at the rest of the league.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the schedule gets announced today!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Fuck that... Detroit is turning their shit around.
    Stafford is bad-ass!
    I saw the NFL films version of Stafford putting himself back in the game after separating his shoulder and throwing a TD pass with no clearance from the sideline.
    I was very fucking impressed... impressed enough to call Von Halen and tell him to get me a Stafford jersey, but the cheap fuck ignored my request.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looks like a Jason Taylor/NY Jets deal is going to happen... in related news, Fireman Ed just smacked his wife and kicked his dog!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ESPN just announced this on the air 5 minutes ago...

Source: Steelers trade draft pick for Leftwich

As Ben Roethlisberger awaits word on his probable suspension, the Pittsburgh Steelers have traded for another quarterback who could wind up starting on opening day.

The Steelers acquired their former quarterback Byron Leftwich from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in Saturday's draft, according to a team source.

Leftwich could well be the Steelers' starter in their regular-season opener. Pittsburgh also has quarterbacks Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, but Leftwich knows the offense and organization well. He backed up Roethlisberger in 2008 when the Steelers won a Super Bowl before he left to sign as a free agent with Tampa Bay.

The latest NFL trade also leaves Tampa Bay with 12 picks in this weekend's draft, which ties the New England Patriots for most in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5119960

Sources: McNabb open to T.O. in D.C.

By Ed Werder and Sal Paolantonio
    ESPN

Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb has encouraged the team's coaching staff to consider signing free-agent wide receiver Terrell Owens, despite the acrimony that marked their time as Philadelphia Eagles teammates, according to multiple sources.

Coach Mike Shanahan said the Redskins are not actively pursuing Owens. A team source said the Redskins have made upgrading their wide receiver position a high priority, but prefer to avoid bringing Owens into their locker room if another solution can be found.

A source close to McNabb said the quarterback and Owens recently talked about the possibility of reuniting while shooting an episode for the television show "Pros vs. Joes" in Los Angeles. The episode, schedule to air in July, features McNabb and Owens playing on the same basketball team.

These are strange days in the NFC East -- not only is Donovan McNabb now wearing burgundy and gold, he's reportedly encouraging a reunion with old friend Terrell Owens. Matt Mosley isn't sure that's such a good idea.

Whatever potential there is for a McNabb-Owens reunion would serve to further heighten interest this year in the two regular-season games between the NFC East rival Redskins and Eagles. At their pinnacle, McNabb and Owens were Super Bowl teammates; in the end, Owens hinted vaguely that McNabb suffered a failure of nerve that cost Philadelphia a Super Bowl ring and suggested the quarterback contributed to the Eagles releasing him.

Owens spent the 2009 season with the Buffalo Bills, the fourth team of his NFL career, finishing with the worst stats of his career as a starter.

Although Owens is widely viewed as a player in decline, Shanahan's first minicamp with the Redskins provided some insight into the Redskins' concerns at that position. Veterans Jerry Porter and Marques Hagans participated, and the team on Monday signed Hagans and Roydell Williams, who hasn't played since 2007 with the Tennessee Titans.

The Redskins are a four-win team with limited resources to acquire talent in this week's NFL draft. Trading a second-round pick to the NFC East rival Eagles for McNabb left the Redskins with an NFL-low four picks.

The Redskins have the No. 4 overall pick on Thursday, and Shanahan and Redskins general manager Bruce Allen will have to get creative to improve their roster. There is potential for the team to trade the fourth pick, defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth and former starting quarterback Jason Campbell, which could open the door for them to sign Owens.

While with the Denver Broncos, Shanahan was among the few coaches interested in signing Owens after the Eagles released the receiver. The two met and Shanahan was willing to offer him a contract.

But Shanahan was wary of Owens' problems with his two previous teams and wanted to structure the deal with limited guaranteed money so that the team could financially control his behavior if necessary. Shanahan considered it an enormous mistake when the Dallas Cowboys provided Owens with a contract that included significant upfront guaranteed money.

Owens has a history of toxic relationships with all of his former quarterbacks, and McNabb was a central figure in one of them, according to Owens' 2006 autobiography, "TO."

With the Eagles cruising along with a 10-1 record in 2004, Owens became increasingly unhappy because McNabb refused to constantly feed him the ball, or simply misjudged where to throw the football -- depending on one's interpretation of events.

On Nov. 28, 2004, at Giants Stadium, Owens finally said something to McNabb in the huddle after a play that was designed to go to Owens but resulted in a short incomplete pass to a running back, according to Owens' book.

Owens wrote that he said, "I was open. Dude, you missed me."

McNabb's reply, according to Owens, was "shut the [bleep] up."

Owens wrote that he was deeply offended by what McNabb said. "I felt like he had no right to talk to me that way," Owens wrote. "After what happened on the play and in the huddle, I began to think that maybe he didn't want a co-host and maybe he didn't like me getting more attention."

From that point on, McNabb and Owens barely spoke to each other -- for the remainder of the 2004 season, throughout the playoffs while Owens was injured and in rehab for a broken leg, and in Jacksonville, Fla., for Super Bowl XXXIX against the New England Patriots.

In spring 2005, Owens refused to go to camp, demanding the Eagles redo his seven-year contract. He lashed out at McNabb, primarily because the leader of the team refused to come to his aid for more cash. Owens also told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli, "I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

After a summer of dysfunction, the 2005 season devolved into a divided locker room that culminated in a fight between Owens and retired defensive end Hugh Douglas, whom coach Andy Reid had just named "team ambassador."

After the fight, on Nov. 7, Reid sent Owens a letter outlining six charges against the receiver and sent Owens home for the remainder of the season. Owens filed a grievance with the players' union and the hearing was scheduled for Nov. 18 at the Marriott.

"[Andy Reid] ended the conversation by telling me to stay by the phone and he would call me back. He called back about an hour later. I don't know who he spoke to, but somebody killed it."

Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter was among those players who did not want to see Owens go. Owens glances over this fact in the book, but anybody who was around the team then knows that there was deep resentment -- some of it not too hidden -- toward McNabb about the way he was treating Owens.

On that team, McNabb was viewed as an extension of Reid, in terms of management, and Trotter and many others had seen the callousness of the front office when it came to contract renegotiations.

During the Super Bowl in Detroit, McNabb claimed in an interview with ESPN's Michael Smith that what Owens did to him amounted to "black-on-black" crime.

But McNabb said something else to Smith that may be far more telling about the dynamics within the Eagles' locker room back then.

"It put something in the back of my mind that you really learn a lot about people when things aren't going good," McNabb told Smith. "Comments, answers to questions, reactions -- you learn about people. I'm not here to call players out. They know who they are. That nobody really came to my defense, that showed me something."
    Last edited by chefcraig; 04-20-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some details are starting to leak concerning the 2010 NFL schedule... so far the best thing I heard is that there will be a Sunday Night NFL Game on the same night as the World Series.
    That always pissed me off... the season would just be picking up some steam and then 'boom', no Sunday Night game because of gay baseball. Fuck them this year! Good for Goodell!
    BTW if you haven't heard... that game will be Saints vs. Steelers... fuck MLB!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    that game may not be worth a shit if Rapistbeger is still suspended...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Scuttlebutt is, he's going to sit out 4 to 6 games.....unconfirmed as of yet, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    it was confirmed before i left work at 2 pm...six games.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yup, just got the update!

NEW YORK (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) was suspended for six games without pay Wednesday for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and ordered to undergo behavioral evaluation.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Goodell said the league’s conduct policy gave him the right to impose discipline regardless of whether he broke the law.

“I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you,” he said in his letter to the two-time Super Bowl winner, a six-year veteran.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans.”

Roethlisberger must undergo a “comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals” and may not attend any team offseason activities until that evaluation is completed.
    Link

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    maybe they can send him to the same pussy rehab that Tiger is in.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Total bullshit! He wasn't charged with anything, right?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    correct.

remember, this is the No Fun League. fucking younger girls in nightclub bathrooms is not allowed.

i am kind of enjoying this, only because the one Stiller fan at work looked like he was gonna cry when they announced it.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well yeah! A Super Bowl Champion quarterback has to sit out damn near half a season! If you're a Pitts fan this sucks!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Big Ben got a slap on the wrist and it could've been much worse. I'll bet even Poj agrees.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really? As far as the law or the Commissioner goes.......

I guess they have a moral clause or minimum standard to uphold but if the girl was 20 years old and there were no criminal charges pressed, I can't see why the NFL even got involved.

Honestly, I haven't even kept up on this story, I just know now I won't pick Big Ben in any of my fantasy leagues

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Really? As far as the law or the Commissioner goes.......

I guess they have a moral clause or minimum standard to uphold but if the girl was 20 years old and there were no criminal charges pressed, I can't see why the NFL even got involved.

Honestly, I haven't even kept up on this story, I just know now I won't pick Big Ben in any of my fantasy leagues
    As far as the personal conduct policy with the NFL. I mean, the law's the law and since he wasn't charged there, fine and I don't have a problem nor really care. I used to play football and I've known many dumbass jarheads in my day. Ben seems like one of 'em. Nonetheless, the NFL's really trying to make their policies more strict in regards to stupid behavior.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rumor has the steelers asking for a top 10 pick.
    I bet the Raiders do just that at the 8th..

Perfect scenario then Steelers trade both #1's to Rams for the #1 pick..OMG-
    WOW...Sam Bradford anyone?? This could indeed happen in 24 hours fellas.

cant wait for the next moves to come..this IS getting incredibly interesting!!!!!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh yeah, totally stupid behavior and I see Ben as having that Jock Head mentality, too.

I guess my point is that this ruins the season for Pitts, the fans plus the team and since it was a lapse of judgement only, she was 20 years old, I just see it as being harsh but really, if they want to crack down I behavior, that's up to the NFL.

Fuck, these guys make millions of dollars a season, so if they want to have strict rules........pay me just a million a year and I'll be a Saint, pun intended

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'd suspend Rapistberger forever for being so pathetic. 2 time Super Bowl winner... six years in the league and he parties with college kids. That's beyond fucking pathetic. I'm no Tom Brady fan but the dude is fucking actresses and super fucking models. Hell... even Kyle Fucking Boller is banging that hot bitch Miss USA that doesn't like fags. Little Ben... King of the Kids. What a fucking loser.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has anyone actually read the transcripts from the witnesses or the accuser? I saw both Tom Jackson and Steve Young on ESPN last night and they both said if what's in the reports are actually true, Rapistberger (I like that one Walker!!! ) is lucky to be playing at all. I think I'm going to check out the allegations today and see what big ben allegedly did? Judging by his mentality and what both the Rooney's and Roger Goodell stated about the incident, it sounds pretty fucking stupidly awful.

Thread Information