• Show
Clear All
  • jero
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    How do you know he's a lowlife ?
    Might be a grate bloke ?

Thanks for the updated pic, Ed looks well..
    He looks better than I feel, and I havent thought
    that for 15 years..... lol....
    Wait till you sleep for 8 hours straight again! You feel like Dave in the 80's

"BABY PANA IS HERE "

Comment

• tojoro
      Head Fluffer
      • Dec 2009

Imapus,
      You are correct, this place has very little of the foolishness I've seen on other boards, and that's refreshing...part of the reason I joined.
      I'm here to make friends, not enemies. I suppose I crapped on Dutch's post, and should have kept negative comments to myself.
      I'll leave it alone from here...sorry to cause a ruckus.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Back to the point of the thread, what sort of clamp would you need on a drum kit that you couldn't find at a music store? OK, it's unlikely Ludwig makes anything that will allow you to clip on a coffee holder or ashtray next to the snare drum, but come on, isn't that what a second floor tom is used for, to rest your drinks and snacks on?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by tojoro
          Imapus,
          You are correct, this place has very little of the foolishness I've seen on other boards, and that's refreshing...part of the reason I joined.
          I'm here to make friends, not enemies. I suppose I crapped on Dutch's post, and should have kept negative comments to myself.
          I'll leave it alone from here...sorry to cause a ruckus.
          Please don't keep your negative comments to yourself - if we all did that there would be no posts here at all.

I think 13 thanks from just 33 posts means you must be doing just fine...
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Look, Dutch...
            I said I was sorry...you don't seem to be picking up on that, as you continued to be pretty much condescending to me just because I said you were out of line.
            Maybe I should of waited til after lunch to post. I work in a warehouse...along with that, I have to work with folks who look down their nose at me because of my position.
            I chose my own career path, and this isn't yours or anyone's problem.
            It's obvious I didn't set my sights too high in life, and that's tough shit for me, but it doesn't make me or folks in a position like mine any less of a human...just different.
            You're also being a little sensitive yourself.
            Dude...I saw your apology...and I accepted it.

Back at ya if you took my comment in my original post as some sort of "attack" on everyone who works in retail or the service industry.

I also think the guy in the picture with Ed looks like Danny Bonaduce after he lost a battle with some black hair dye.

But by no means should that be interpreted as me casting aspersions at all retail clerks or warehouse workers and saying that they all look like a steroid-riddled former child TV star.

Sounds like you work with some assholes who disrespect you, and you saw a comment in my post that made you feel the same way those folks do. Obviously not my intent...I don't know you or your co-workers.

All is well.

Carry on....let's all talk about Ed and his drum kit clamp.
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
              Spot on, dude.

Frying, you normally come across as a grate poster whit a good head on his shoulders, but that comment about the number of Tojoro's post was completely uncalled for.
              Uncalled for....probably.

Damaging and the worst possible thing that could have been said to someone on here? Not by a long shot.

I was annoyed that someone as "new" as tojoro would step in to a thread that had the first "legitimate" piece of VH news in months (even if it was completely miniscule, retarded, and non-newsworthy) and completely derail it by taking offense to an offhand comment completely unrelated to the topic. He took a silly thread about Eddie buying a stupid clamp for a drum kit and turned it into a diatribe about freedom of speech, his military service, and the plight of the unemployed.

Not that those aren't all worthwhile topics, mind you...but holy FUCK!!! A little deep for a thread about Eddie buying a clamp at a hardware store....dontcha think?

He came in with a chip on his shoulder, looking to mix it up...and he got what he came for.

Honestly, I would think that if you felt compelled to admonish anyone for their behavior, it would be those who throw threads off-topic so they can grind an axe about something they found "personally" offensive.

Instead, you chose to admonish me for swinging back after I got jumped on over a meaningless comment. Look at the thread again and see who started stirring the shit. If, after you're done, you still think it was me...then so be it.

I won't love you any less, Imapus....

Anyway...tojo and I have patched things up and we're singing "Kumbaya." Care to join us for a verse?

Again...all is well. Let's all have a drink at lunch.
              Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-03-2010, 12:50 PM.
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Back to the point of the thread, what sort of clamp would you need on a drum kit that you couldn't find at a music store? OK, it's unlikely Ludwig makes anything that will allow you to clip on a coffee holder or ashtray next to the snare drum, but come on, isn't that what a second floor tom is used for, to rest your drinks and snacks on?
                I bet we can call Grainger and find out what he bought. But I think its something that he wants to change and make it his own EVH brand drum division.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

We should all chip in a buck or two on a top notch L.A. privet eye.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Imapus,
                    You are correct, this place has very little of the foolishness I've seen on other boards,
                    This comment made me miss DDLR.com

Comment

• tojoro
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Dec 2009

Sorry, Dutch..I didn't come in with a chip on my shoulder, or to derail your thread, or jump you to the point you felt the need to swing back.

For some reason, I have to log onto this site repeatedly to post a reply, and by the time I'm actually 'logged on', a couple of posts have gone by.
                      I'm not someone who looks to stir up shit, or fuck with people for no reason.
                      Like I said, it was wrong of me to crap on your thread...my problems aren't your problems.
                      Just out of curiosity, exactly how long do I have to be a member, before I can 'mix it up' with a senior member?
                      The comment wasn't unrelated to the topic, as you're the one who put it there yourself. As far as I'm concerned I was on topic.
                      The Bonaduce comment is scarily accurate....

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

the internet is full of professional twits holier than thou

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

Is it legitimate VH news or is it E-Taintment Poparatso News..?

EDV took a dump today and my tits are hard.

It is a pic of Ed that is for sure but is it news...?

It is nice to see ED buddying up instead of being aloof and all movie starlike.

Ed has always as far as I know been a personable guy so ....

It is kinda Teen Beat or What's Hanna Montana wearing isn't it.

It's not a update on what is going on ?

Here let me save you the trouble ....Fukk Off thome.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                            I bet we can call Grainger and find out what he bought. But I think its something that he wants to change and make it his own EVH brand drum division.
                            Ya know, you might be on to something there. Having cornered the market on doodads for the guitar and having moved on to the field of shoes, maybe Ed plans to now make his mark in the world of percussion.

"Yeah, these guys at Grainger, they get it."

Surely, the sky is the limit, and I can't wait until Ed decides to set his sights on the Mr. Coffee machine, thus causing a revolution in the world of drip coffee makers. That Dyson guy with his vaccuum cleaner featuring a ball had better stay sharp should EVH decide to further pursue things in the home appliance field.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Please God don't let Ed be tracking another pron soundtrack and playing all the instruments again
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                                Uncalled for....probably.

Damaging and the worst possible thing that could have been said to someone on here? Not by a long shot.

I was annoyed that someone as "new" as tojoro would step in to a thread that had the first "legitimate" piece of VH news in months (even if it was completely miniscule, retarded, and non-newsworthy) and completely derail it by taking offense to an offhand comment completely unrelated to the topic. He took a silly thread about Eddie buying a stupid clamp for a drum kit and turned it into a diatribe about freedom of speech, his military service, and the plight of the unemployed.

Not that those aren't all worthwhile topics, mind you...but holy FUCK!!! A little deep for a thread about Eddie buying a clamp at a hardware store....dontcha think?

He came in with a chip on his shoulder, looking to mix it up...and he got what he came for.

Honestly, I would think that if you felt compelled to admonish anyone for their behavior, it would be those who throw threads off-topic so they can grind an axe about something they found "personally" offensive.

Instead, you chose to admonish me for swinging back after I got jumped on over a meaningless comment. Look at the thread again and see who started stirring the shit. If, after you're done, you still think it was me...then so be it.

I won't love you any less, Imapus....

Anyway...tojo and I have patched things up and we're singing "Kumbaya." Care to join us for a verse?

Again...all is well. Let's all have a drink at lunch.
                                I can't sing kumbaya.

And the reason I posted that semi-rant was only one: The remark about the number of posts.

I couldn't care less if you were wiping the floor with Tojoro, or if it was the other way around. That's the beauty of this place. It's all for one & every man for himself.

And nearly, if not all,regular posters here have proven again & again that they can fend for themselves, and there's only a "gang up" of any sorts when it's to chase away trolls and/or obviously mentally challenged newcomers.

Really, my beef was with that only one comment, not with either one of you.

I wouldn't like to see stuff like that spread around here. I bet I'm not the only one.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...