Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Anyone professional or not who has spent any time on stage will know the audience will tell you whether you are doing your job well or not. Big smiles, dancing, bopping to the rhythm tell you they not only like it but you are effecting them. Looks of what the fuck, sarcastic laughter, anger, or bored stiff looking means you are sucking. It doesn't matter what your think, those faces in the audience tell all. That's the reality check and those are the people you need to connect with. Lot's of people went to see Aerosmith and bought their music regardless of VH being successful. So the jealousy is just stupid. Period. It's a waste of emotion and screams "I'm insecure". Who cares if people still like your stuff and you are having fun doing it.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Igosplut
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
      I've seen MANY comments over the years with Perry blasting MANY legendary lead guitarists. Bitter, jealous old fuck....
      Years back Joe Perry showed up outside a local bar we used to hang out at (not unusual, as they all own homes on the Cape) He was all fucked up, and attracting a crowd. As a friend and I watched from a distance he yelled at the people "Don't anybody EVEN SPEAK to me unless you have a gram of the best coke in town". Before anybody else answered my friend yanked a seal out of his pocket yelling "I do, and you ain't getting any of it!" Laughing, we ducked inside the building.

Not five minutes later someone said "Joe Perry just got knocked out outside!" I looked out the door, and sure enough, there he is still attracting a crowd but doing it from the ground. Later I found out he started screaming in the wrong persons face for drugs and they cold-cocked him...
      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
        I heard the famous story of Van Halen meeting Aerosmith for the first time...

Ed went to shake Joe's hand and the dude just looked at him and walked away.

Prick...

From what i've read, Ed was disliked by Perry because for several years Aerosmith held the coveted spot as the kings of arena rock. Then Van Halen comes along and steals the show, furthermore pushing Aerosmith into the wings.

Being a musician is always a Catch-22 situation, dude.

If you're better than somebody, they hate you for it, if you're worse than somebody, then they hate you for it.
        This year has been a constant personal lesson in that theory.

Oh dear.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Maybe Joe was just a good judge of character?

Comment

Working...