• Show
Clear All
  • Pennypacker
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2009

Iron Maiden announce "The Final Frontier"

IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE NEW STUDIO ALBUM "THE FINAL FRONTIER"
    AND NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
    IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below).

The full Live Nation North America press release for the North American Tour is posted here.

An exclusive pre-sale allowing members of the IRON MAIDEN fan club first access to tickets to the North American Maiden Shows will be made available two days prior to them being available to the public.

Tickets for the Canadian shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 13th March at 10am PST (10am EST for Toronto and 12 noon EST Montreal).
    Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 10th March at 10am PST through to Thursday 11th March at 6pm PST (EST for Toronto).
    Regretfully due to technical reasons an exclusive Pre-Sale in Montreal is not possible.

Tickets for the US Shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 20th March at 10am EST.
    Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 17th March at 10am EST through to Thursday 18th March at 6pm EST

As IRON MAIDEN are actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have access to the best possible tickets at the fairest possible price, without being subject to scalping for good seats, so many North American shows will operate, at least in part, a paperless ticket policy: More information on Ticketmaster Paperless Ticketing can be found here

To give IRON MAIDEN fan club members a privileged insight to their touring world, IMTV will return to www.ironmaiden.com to cover THE FINAL FRONTIER WORLD TOUR. This exclusive footage includes regular video from the live shows, touring, band interviews, insights into our crew and what they do and much much more. The website will also feature exclusive tour diaries, exclusive photographs and anything else that helps the fans get a real insight into the dynamics of a big tour.
  • SparkieD
    Veteran
    • Sep 2006

The cover is shit, the title is shit, the support is downright dreadful! All that said, I still hope it ain't their last. They've been my fave since I was 12. I don't wanna see 'em go.

And of course, yet again, they fucking leave out the southeastern US. Bastards!!! Don't get me wrong. I've always had to travel to see 'em. I'd just prefer not having to travel quite so far. Then again, MSG sounds like a killer birthday gift.
    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

I could never get into Dream Theater... It seems like every summer there is a concert I would like to go to that falls on my wife's birthday so I miss it.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Lame title...

I'll probably catch this tour. Haven't seen 'em live since the 80's.
        Recently saw the Flight 666 movie. Not bad. They look like a bunch of extremely wealthy British Rock Stars...

My biggest beef with them is that they kept that Janik Gers clown. Fuck sakes, talk about a third wheel. Lose the clown, boys.
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• SparkieD
          Veteran
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diamondjimi

My biggest beef with them is that they kept that Janik Gers clown. Fuck sakes, talk about a third wheel. Lose the clown, boys.
          Meh, I used to feel the same way, but I feel Jannick has earned his place after 20+ years.
          Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
          Originally posted by rustoffa
          Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
            Meh, I used to feel the same way, but I feel Jannick has earned his place after 20+ years.
            He most certainly did.

Agreed, three guitarists is one too many, but they're all Maiden. There's simply no way of leaving one out.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
              Roadie
              • Mar 2010

Last time I've seen 'em was in 2008.
              30,000 people at the stadium.
              Yeah, they're way bigger around here than in the USA.

Oh and Janick was the best of them all actually.

They stole the title from KEEL, which in fact, is an awesome album!!!
              Last edited by Ralphy Lee Fox; 03-04-2010, 06:35 PM.
              "You keep on raining and I'll still be the parade"
              David Lee Roth

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Call me old school, but have no use for the guy. They simply don't have the heart to turf the guy, I guess.
                But on a positive note, it's one more guitar in the mix to soften the dominance of Harris's sometimes overbearing bass gallops...

(Hey, I'm a guitarist. Of course I'm biased, wtf!?)...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Ralphy Lee Fox
                  Last time I've seen 'em was in 2008.
                  30,000 people at the stadium.
                  Yeah, they're way bigger around here than in the US.
                  Just curious... Do they sell Perogies at the concession stands in Poland?

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

The cover is shit, the title is shit, the support is downright dreadful!
                    Where's the cover at? Has it already been released?

As far as the title's concerned...well, no worse than anything else since Brave New World, really...I'm OK with it...not great, but fuck it...I'm alright with Dream Theater - my biggest problem with them is really James LaBrie...but as a band, musically, I have no complaints...

Most importantly, I finally get to see IRON MAIDEN! Woot!
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                      Just curious... Do they sell Perogies at the concession stands in Poland?
                      You mean at gigs?

Hahah no, dude. Not at all.
                      "You keep on raining and I'll still be the parade"
                      David Lee Roth

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Aug 2004

June 20th in NORCAL, I'm there.

Full schedule here: Iron Maiden Official Website - Press Release from Live Nation North America

From the article it looks like they will be doing only a few new ones, then a bunch of greatest hits.

++

I am not sure if they will ever play a full new cd LIVE like they did with AMOLAD back in 2006. That was interesting for sure, but I think the majority of fans wanted more "Hits" when at a live show.

Comment

• Pennypacker
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2009

The Tour poster is there...that Eddie is going to give me nightmares.

"We really wanted to get out and play some shows before the release of the new album later this year, so we thought what better way to kick off the tour than by going back to Canada," vocalist Bruce Dickinson said in a statement. "This time 'round, we will be playing a few more cities we haven't visited for some time.

"We're still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album," he continued. "This summer tour will be a bit of a preview for the fans."

Also read somewhere they have the new stage design already set.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

I've gotta catch them this time around, DC is the closest show for me....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalener
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

...They've been my fave since I was 12. I don't wanna see 'em go...
                              <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZJkywYHVQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZJkywYHVQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

Working...