• Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

dupe post
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Kinda like re-telling the brown M & Ms story for the eighty-billionth time.

Huh? What happened?
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
        Agreed with just about all of this, Terry.

My take on VHIII is that is really just a self-indugent escapade on the part of Ed who wanted to have an album that was "all Ed, all the time."

Mike Post as producer was a joke, and once that was printed on the liner notes the writing was also on the wall for that record.

I don't think there was any real "collaboration", not even with Alex. Ed had shit inside him that he needed to purge, and it all spilled out on VHIII.

Unfortunately, it came out sounding like a disjointed, steaming pile of shit.

As for this thread, Bob R can think I'm a "jackass" all he wants. But the long and the short of it is that the entire premise of this thread is completely unoriginal, radically overstates the obvious, and has nothing to build on.

Re-hashing the fact that VHIII sucked is not only beating a dead horse, but it's using the glue from the dead horse and then throwing away the empty Elmer's bottle.

Is that what we've come to in the land of VH limbo?
        Well, yeah, until the band actually do something, something other than...I dunno...have their logo slapped on guitar-related merchandise or release another greatest hits compilation...there pretty much is fuck-all to talk about in Main...outside of Ed's kids birthday
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

WTF Bob R?!?!? YOU HAD TO REMIND ME OF THAT FUCKIN ALBUM!!! GO AND LISTEN TO YOUR BACKDOOR BOYS FAGGOT!!!

Talking about this album is like....well you know!

Comment

• DLR7884
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by UK ROCKER
            Looking back on it now, it is not a bad album but also not a great one.

Gary wasn't a good choice but he did a good job under hard conditions.
            Wrong. It's a horrible album.

Gary sucked and looked like a major league homo on stage.

DLR7884
            How many say I?
            Originally Posted by WARF:
            DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
              Wrong. It's a horrible album.

Gary sucked and looked like a major league homo on stage.

DLR7884
              How many say I?
              HOW MANY SAY I? is one of the worst songs ever released by a major act that once ever had a measure of respectability.

Then again...so are the following songs:

GOOD ENOUGH
              THE INSIDE
              WHEN IT'S LOVE
              SOURCE OF INFECTION
              SUCKER IN A 3-PIECE
              SPANKED
              MAN ON A MISSION
              TOP OF THE WORLD
              THE SEVENTH SEAL
              CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU
              UP FOR BREAKFAST
              IT'S ABOUT TIME
              LEARNING TO SEE

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Rikk--Good to see you around.

I'm surprised you stopped at only those tunes.

Whenever I want to piss my wife off, I sing the chorus of 'How Many Say I'

It somehow burned itself into my brain...but it sure as hell works...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Rikk--Good to see you around.

I'm surprised you stopped at only those tunes.

Whenever I want to piss my wife off, I sing the chorus of 'How Many Say I'

It somehow burned itself into my brain...but it sure as hell works...
                  SHIT...it's been years. Good to see you.

We gotta catch up on the teaching and everything else one of these days. I've been really enjoying the career and the life and everything...

That list is, from the top of my shellshocked head, the worst I can think of that Van Halen put out, minus the Cherone stuff.

I've subjected my soon-to-be-wife (in literally three weeks) to a lot of bad music, but I've yet to play her anything off VH3 yet. In fact, as far as she knows, BAD Van Halen music is DANCING IN THE STREETS from DIVER DOWN because we haven't played any of the other stuff yet...though the bad CDs are there with dust on 'em.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
                    HOW MANY SAY I? is one of the worst songs ever released by a major act that once ever had a measure of respectability.

Then again...so are the following songs:

GOOD ENOUGH

Good Enough is hilliarious in Hagar trying to impersonate Dave's banter in classics like "Hot for teacher" and "Unchained", Dave just relished in being the class clown in those and was able to pull if off

Hagar just seems like he took off a line from a shit ass Jay Leno monologue and went from there

Pretty damn obvious that it was supposed to be a track for Roth to sing and hence why the space was left in, either that or EVH really had the ego in thinking that he could replicate the magic.
                    Last edited by Unchainme; 03-20-2010, 12:50 AM.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      Pretty damn obvious that it was supposed to be a track for Roth to sing and hence why the space was left in, either that or EVH really had the ego in thinking that he could replicate the magic.
                      Yeah, no doubt.. You can tell which songs were worked up for Dave, and which ones were the beginning of the end. I have a boot from 84 where Eddie plays the main riff to 'Good Enough' during ATBL...
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...