• Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

That Metal show 3-20-10

Best Frontman
    Diamond Dave vs Steven Tlyer

Of course the said Steven was the better singer, then they say how Dave brought a whole new element to the game.

Also how Dave did the martial arts & taking in the crowd vs singing more songs etc..
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

For me it was Van Halen. Roth was an important element but the whole band was greater than any one part. It just worked, it was phenominal, and it was increadably original. Roth brought in the fun and vaudville and the Van Halens and Mike rocked the hell out of it.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Eddie Trunk is a fat piece of shit. Yeah, he knows a lot of his shit (less than you'd think, watching the STUMP THE TRUNK segment). Y'know, I like the show, I like the news on his site. But on the show, the other two are way more interesting (and funnier). I'm also sick of Trunk bitching about Dave. During the Sam & Dave tour years back, Trunk went on and on about how much better Sam was, and how the band was better with Sam, etc. Yes, it's his own opinion, but to claim that Dave spent ten minutes just staring at the crowd and they didn't play enough songs because he was doing martial arts? He's just looking for an excuse to bitch.

This is the guy that is interested in shit bands like Krokus, Loudness, Ratt, etc., etc., etc. (sorry if I offend certain music listeners).
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Eddie Trunk can blow it out his ass!
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
          This is the guy that is interested in shit bands like Krokus, Loudness, Ratt, etc., etc., etc. (sorry if I offend certain music listeners).
          Hey, I like Ratt.

As for Krokus, my World Of Warcraft character just got some new shoulder armor straight from the Krokus garage sale bin.

Wok n Woll cwazy nights is a good song too. Always makes me crave egg rolls.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vh rides again
            Commando
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Carloscda
            Best Frontman
            Diamond Dave vs Steven Tlyer

Of course the said Steven was the better singer, then they say how Dave brought a whole new element to the game.

Also how Dave did the martial arts & taking in the crowd vs singing more songs etc..
            he obviously never seen steven tyler sing live, wanna talk about a ear fucking, steven tyler sounded like cats fucking if you ask me. i seen him sing 5 times and he was dismal at best every time.

wow

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

but to claim that Dave spent ten minutes just staring at the crowd and they didn't play enough songs because he was doing martial arts? He's just looking for an excuse to bitch.
              Surprised that Florentine didn't bring up the obvious fact that these Dave spots were necessary so Ed and Al could take a coke break... after all it was the 80's for fuck's sake.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

How often was Tyler incapable of singing at all before rehab?

Lots of stories of him just collapsing on stage.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vh rides again
                  he obviously never seen steven tyler sing live, wanna talk about a ear fucking, steven tyler sounded like cats fucking if you ask me. i seen him sing 5 times and he was dismal at best every time.

wow
                  This would be before Aerosmith went Britney with the backing tapes...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    For me it was Van Halen. Roth was an important element but the whole band was greater than any one part. It just worked, it was phenominal, and it was increadably original. Roth brought in the fun and vaudville and the Van Halens and Mike rocked the hell out of it.
                    This post is increadably original...

Espeacally on this site...

LMAO!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Just the mere definition of the argument is the end of the argument when you enter the word "frontman" into the equation.

"Frontman" = David Lee Roth. It's over.

In regards to Eddie Trunk, he is very opinionated and has views that i strongly disagree with. On the other hand, what other guy on the national scene carries the torch for the kind of music we love? You can talk about the shit bands but he is still the one hammering on the Hall of Fame non-stop when it comes to Deep Purple, Rush, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. He's also pushes new music from these guys, whether it AC/DC to Megadeth, and lets people know that these bands haven't gone away. Just last night he premiered a new Accept track. I think the good he does far outways the negative.
                      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

The show really could be something special.
                        If Viacom could pony up a little more $$$ they should do a live two hour show every Saturday night with live music, a live rowdy crowd, up to the minute news along with taped interviews and what not.

I think the 'whatever happened to' segment is a complete waste of time because anyone with one finger and half a brain can google a band and find out what they are up to. Plus they really need to tighten up, revamp or eliminate the 'Stump The Trunk' segment. I had to side with Eddie this weekend because the questions were ridiculous especially the one about Greg Chaisson being in the band Steeler.

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Eddie Trunk is a fat piece of shit. Yeah, he knows a lot of his shit (less than you'd think, watching the STUMP THE TRUNK segment). Y'know, I like the show, I like the news on his site. But on the show, the other two are way more interesting (and funnier). I'm also sick of Trunk bitching about Dave. During the Sam & Dave tour years back, Trunk went on and on about how much better Sam was, and how the band was better with Sam, etc. Yes, it's his own opinion, but to claim that Dave spent ten minutes just staring at the crowd and they didn't play enough songs because he was doing martial arts? He's just looking for an excuse to bitch.

Rikk,

PERFECT ANAOLGY of both the show and that fatass Eddie Trunk!!! Maybe he and the roundrocker often do lunch together?
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Rikk,

PERFECT ANAOLGY of both the show and that fatass Eddie Trunk!!! Maybe he and the roundrocker often do lunch together?
                            You got something there! No wonder he likes Sam so much! How could he still respect himself and prefer the guy that's in shape? Of course he'd gravitate towards the fat cheesehead.

Trunk is useful...but dumb. Yes, he's right about the Rock Hall...but he shows Dave no respect while piling respect on a lot of bands I couldn't give a shit about.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Anyone that is supposedly into heavy music that prefers Van Hagar over the real deal loses all credibility with me instantly. I'm a Kiss fan, but even I want to throw up the way he sucks their fucking asses all the time.

Comment

Working...