X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

EVH Amps spotted on American Idol

I was watching AI last night and I couldn't help but notice that whenever anyone was playing a guitar while singing, they plugged into one of Ed's fine 5150III amps.
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Did You shoot Your load Over It?
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
      Sniper
      • Oct 2009

"Saw EVH amps on American Idol and I JIZZED, IN MY PANTS"
      Last edited by VanHalenFan5150; 03-24-2010, 07:21 PM. Reason: I forgot a word.
      Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Actually those amps are pretty versatile and sound good with about every type of guitar so they would be a good choice for a house amp.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
          I was watching AI last night
          for what?
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by twonabomber
            for what?
            Because I was saying good night to my parents and it was on the television when I happened to glance over.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
              for what?
              Twona man.

We gotta do something about Fox 8.

Fucking a. that's all they do is talk about that shitty ass show.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Unchainme
                Fucking a.
                I came up with a name for a chain of Pho fast food restaurants...

Phoking-A. Or maybe just Pho King.

That's money right there. Franchise it and become a millionaire. You can have it, because I hate pho and I'm not going to use it.

See, this is how I contribute to the forum in a major way. You're all welcome.

Ungrateful bitches.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                  I was watching AI last night and I couldn't help but notice that whenever anyone was playing a guitar while singing, they plugged into one of Ed's [b]whitewashed Fender Made-In-Mexico buzzboxes.
                  Who OWNS one of these things?

Who wants to? Who really wants one of these overpriced Fender amps over say, a Marshall, GenzBenz Diablo, Diamond, Krank or some other same-type buzzbox that sound better for hundreds less?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                    Twona man.

We gotta do something about Fox 8.

Fucking a. that's all they do is talk about that shitty ass show.
                    Fox 8 is dead to me.

the switch to digital TV came, and they went to their permanent channel that hardly anyone can get over the air. i am one of those people. i rarely watch any shows on Fox so i don't miss them. i can get Fox out of Youngstown OTA and in HD if i really need to see something, but that will change here shortly when i move north.

someone had their morning show on at work, and that was the most i've seen in weeks. i don't really miss the geriatrics on their newscasts. Wilma Smith in HD is terrifying.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Don't feel bad, they do that shit here on KTTV Fox11 Los Angeles, pumping AmericanIdiot even at the tail-end of the local news.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                        Don't feel bad, they do that shit here on KTTV Fox11 Los Angeles, pumping AmericanIdiot even at the tail-end of the local news.
                        It's clear why this catches your attention...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

And at the end of the day Marshall is still the best !!!!!!!!!!! Just ask Satriani. He wasted his time designing his own amp he already dumped live.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GAR

Ugh, I have that station too. It's sick how much American Idol I have seen without watching the show. This is what I have to sit through to watch the Simpsons.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                              Sniper
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              And at the end of the day Marshall is still the best !!!!!!!!!!! Just ask Satriani. He wasted his time designing his own amp he already dumped live.
                              Indeed. I'm saving up for a nice Marshall MGDFX 100w stack... It's the closest i've ever heard somebody get to the Brown Sound, though i've come very close on my G-DEC 30 amp.

Comment

Working...