Is Duke the most hated college basketball program in the country?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Just curious...

They haven't really been relevant in a few years. At the same time, has there ever been a more conceited group of basketball players?

And a bigger group of NBA busts...next to perhaps Grant Hill...

Fucking Christian Laettner...

remember that running rumor? The early 90's Blue Devils were all allegedly gay...and Billy McCaffrey transferred to Vandy because he wouldn't play with their balls...

Of course...that's not true...

is it?

rumor has it WARF has "first hand" knowledge...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Just curious...

They haven't really been relevant in a few years. At the same time, has there ever been a more conceited group of basketball players?

And a bigger group of NBA busts...next to perhaps Grant Hill...

Cavs mortaged their entire franchise on a duke guy...which led to their ultimate downfall and becoming one of the worst in the NBA..which allowed them to draft LeBron James...and who do they hire as GM? Weird how that works out.

thats said, thus far as it stands, Ferry has done a pretty good job in his 2nd go around.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

He wasn't a horrid NBA player...

but he wasn't Larry Bird...and they sure as shit shouldn't have dealt any picks and Ron Harper for him...

Don't forget about Trajan Langdon. Cleveland drafted him in the first round...in 99 maybe...boy...what a star he turned out to be.
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

He wasn't a horrid NBA player...

but he wasn't Larry Bird...and they sure as shit shouldn't have dealt any picks and Ron Harper for him...

Don't forget about Trajan Langdon. Cleveland drafted him in the first round...in 99 maybe...boy...what a star he turned out to be.
        I had heard at the time, he was supposed to be the next Larry Bird..and then he proceeded to be very average. His legacy though, really depends on what happens this june .

As for dook, I hate the team and the fans, but I like Coach K. auctually, good coach and was all class after Purdue lost a few days a go.

I'll be pulling for Baylor though, hard.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

UNC isn't exactly worshipped either, while you're at it....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            USC in football add them in there.

also, hate the SEC in football regardless at the moment, still am bitter about the '06 NCCG, Urban Meyer is a douche. ESPN becoming SEC honks has made it almost unbearable to watch the network.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              The difference between Duke and UNC, though, is that UNC rolls out about 30,000 students a year...while Duke is about half that...

Combine that with Duke's $32,000-a-year admission fee...and you have a small alumni, and uppity pricks...

Combine it with the tools at Cameron...and well...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
                USC in football add them in there.

also, hate the SEC in football regardless at the moment, still am bitter about the '06 NCCG, Urban Meyer is a douche. ESPN becoming SEC honks has made it almost unbearable to watch the network.
                A lot of people feel that way about our Buckeyes...to be honest...

Of course...having the biggest campus in the country...and the biggest and best alumni...and well...you can overcome everything...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

The difference between Duke and UNC, though, is that UNC rolls out about 30,000 students a year...while Duke is about half that...

Combine that with Duke's $32,000-a-year admission fee...and you have a small alumni, and uppity pricks...

Combine it with the tools at Cameron...and well...
                  Yeah, but you're right next door to them....

Go outside of the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, they're both equally uppity...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

One's uppity because they are, well...uppity...

The others "uppity" because they are, well...basketball royalty...

I can't stand either team...but for different reasons. Doesn't matter where I live to figure that out...especially since I lived most of my life outside of shiTobaccoRoad...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

If only a few more schools looked for team basketball versus recruiting one and done stars (read punks). I don't think its shocking that there are few NBA stars amomg Duke alum, because they are so focussed on the system and team ball.

I would like to see some stats to see which schools score more points off of assists versus guys trying to dominate and beat everyone.

I would hazard to bet that Duke would be right at the top of this stat (points scored off of assists)

As much as I am enjoying the tourney, they need to move the 3 point line out. I think the game is suffering
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DLR7884
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Just curious...
                        Absolutely.

I don't know anyone who likes them.

DLR7884
                        They aren't even good anymore, they just run high screens and jack up threes.
                        Originally Posted by WARF:
                        DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

In a word, yes.

And FUCK Laettner.

Go Wolves... winless streak currently at 15.
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

I can't wait to see Duke get their asses handed to them by Michigan State!

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I fucking HATE Duke with a passion, and always have! They have to be the most hated college basketball team.

Comment

Working...