• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Livin La Vida Homo!

Ricky Martin is livin' la vida open, says he's gay
    By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer Nekesa Mumbi Moody, Ap Music Writer 44 mins ago

NEW YORK – Ricky Martin is no longer denying the rumors: He's gay.

In a statement posted via Twitter in both Spanish and English, Martin said: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

For many, Monday's announcement will come as no surprise; the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer's sexuality has been speculated about for years. But the Puerto Rican star, who got his start as a child in the teen group Menudo, never directly addressed it and was usually seen at events with beautiful women on his arm.

Martin, 38, said he decided to reveal the truth after working on his memoirs helped him realize that he had to be free with himself, and not keep any more secrets.

"From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside," he said. "Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And this is something worth celebrating."

Martin said one of the reasons why he kept his homosexuality hidden was because he was told by some that it would hurt his career. While his U.S. career peaked after the release of his 1999 self-titled English album, a multiplatinum success that included the hits "Livin' La Vida Loca" and "Shake Your Bon-Bon," he is still a hugely successful Latin artist.

"Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth," he said in his statement. "Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions."

Martin, who is the father of two boys born via surrogate in 2008, said he couldn't continue to hide his sexuality now that he is a father: "Enough is enough. This has to change."

Martin's book is still a work in progress.

___

On the Net:

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

nooo fucking way? really?

Ricky Martin: 'I Am a Fortunate Homosexual Man' - Stop The Presses!
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

now, that, is amazing timing
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

as always, your title is better.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

My girlish dreams are squashed.

Oh dear.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

This reminds me of how Denis Leary must have felt when George Michael finally came out. Leary's response was more or less...

"Uh-huh. You mean to tell me that I'm the only person in America who realized back in 1985 that the guy jumping around in hot pants in that "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" video was gay?"
            Last edited by chefcraig; 03-29-2010, 07:07 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
              Sniper
              • Feb 2007

Not surprised at all. I think a lot of people in the entertainment industry are either gay or bi-sexual.
              https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Maybe now Gar will find the courage......

Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Wow! This is a true shock! My image of him is completely shattered!

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You've got to be shitting me! The next thing you're going to tell me Richard Simmons is gay!
                    Last edited by Little Texan; 03-29-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Who's next Ryan Seacrest?

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        This reminds me of how Denis Leary must have felt when George Michael finally came out. Leary's response was more or less...

"Uh-huh. You mean to tell me that I'm the only person in America who realized back in 1985 that the guy jumping around in hot pants in that "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" video was gay?"
                        I'm still amazed by the people who never realized Freddie Mercury was gay.

Uh, what was the name of his band?

Same with Halford, for that matter.
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

BwAAAAAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah aahaaaahhhaaahahahahahahahhahahahahhh.... bWAHahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah...holy crap BWAAAAAAAAHAAaAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Phuckin' Poofter!!!

bWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaha!!!!!
                          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Threads merged...
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Livin la vida Colon
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...