Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

McNabb dealt to the Redskins

What?

So, you deal McNabb to a team within the division? Doesn't make much sense to be for either side, although I know the Eagles were looking to cut his salary...

They are rolling out a 2nd this season, and a third or fourth next...but really...to a division rival?

Hmmm...I wonder how bad McNabb will want to shove some wins down their throats.

I know you have to take the best offer available...but this is going to cost them at least one win...if not more. I do like Kolb though...but now I'm sure Vick is in the equation...

interesting...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We probably won't find out what the other offers were, like from Oakland...

I'm not so sure if the other offers were close to the Skins that I'd make the deal just to get him out of the division and/or conference...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They make the announcement of the signing on Easter Sunday? Probably wanted a few minutes of news time before Tiger Woods answers questions at Augusta tomorrow morning.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll put money on McNabb saying he didn't want to go to Oakland, and Philly being okay with it. Moving to DC keeps McNabb in a two-hour ring from Philly, so his family and four kids don't have to get uprooted...

Just a guess...

If that's the case...perhaps the deal within the division isn't all that big a deal...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    why the fuck did the browns not make this trade?

a 2nd fucking round pick for an great nfl QB? something you've not had since Bernie fucking Kosar!?

Sorry to be upset, but we have a past his prime Jake Delhomme as the starter right now.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really believe they signed Delhomme for his locker-room presence. The guy was a hero in Carolina...and every player loved him...

He'll start this year, but I do believe that Holmgren likes Wallace enough to eventually start him...and get a year behind a guy like Delhomme.

Holmgren is collecting picks...although I do wonder if he'd have been a player prior to Delhomme...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I really believe they signed Delhomme for his locker-room presence. The guy was a hero in Carolina...and every player loved him...

He'll start this year, but I do believe that Holmgren likes Wallace enough to eventually start him...and get a year behind a guy like Delhomme.

Holmgren is collecting picks...although I do wonder if he'd have been a player prior to Delhomme...
    I guess, I mean thats what I've heard on the radio and the browns boards as the reason behind the whole deal.

word is he wants McCoy in the draft too.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What?

Hmmm...I wonder how bad McNabb will want to shove some wins down their throats.
    It'll be more interesting to see what Shanahack will do with McNabb before that ever happens by either letting him play his own game or turning him into another Jake Plummer.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    It'll be more interesting to see what Shanahack will do with McNabb before that ever happens by either letting him play his own game or turning him into another Jake Plummer.
    Plummer was one of my favorite one hit wonder QB's of all time, Him and Tommy Maddox were fun to watch play those one years where they morphed into NFL caliber QB's (2002 afcwcg not withstanding for Maddox).

Child of the Storm
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm glad he didn't go to the Raiders for a 2nd and/or Asomghua.

The Eagles were one of the few teams they beat last year.

He couldn't move the ball.

They're rebuilding and he doesn't fit. We'l see Shanarat..

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not a McNabb fan...

but McNabb is not Plummer...that is for sure...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

but McNabb is not Plummer...that is for sure...
    That is true but it'll be interesting to see this unfold anyway. Shanahack and McNabb both like to play the game their way and who knows if they'll butt heads over what play is better for what down, etc. When Shanahack was with Elway it was a kismet to his coaching abilities but when you look at Shanahack's track record with QB's since then: Brewster, Plummer, and most of all, Cutler which more or less all ended in train wrecks I seriously doubt he'll take McNabb's gifts as a QB anywhere.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pojo,

Agreed, not a move that makes complete sense unless the Eagles decided they wanted to respect what he'd done for the organization and send him someplace that wasn't a potential graveyard... (look at Green Bay/Favre bs trying to keep him out of the division, etc). I think Donovan has good games in the tank, but not sure how many more good seasons... he really did look bad at the end of the season against Dallas twice...

Assuming Washington picks up Clausen or one of the other QBs with their pick, they still need a guy to run offense, mentor new rookie QB, and win some games.

I like Kolb too, and team for team, unless McNabb pulls out some magic, I still think Philly gets the better of Washington this year in division.

That is all.

Icon©®™
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll put money on McNabb saying he didn't want to go to Oakland, and Philly being okay with it. Moving to DC keeps McNabb in a two-hour ring from Philly, so his family and four kids don't have to get uprooted...

Just a guess...

If that's the case...perhaps the deal within the division isn't all that big a deal...
    Dude, he lives here in chandler Az..?

EUAS

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig View Post
    I'm glad he didn't go to the Raiders for a 2nd and/or Asomghua.

The Eagles were one of the few teams they beat last year.

He couldn't move the ball.
    You're giving way too much credit to the 'Jokeland Faiders' as far as intelligence goes.....the Raiders will cuntinue to be cellar-dwellars for at least the next 26 years (or at least until Al Davis dies....whichever happens first). They'll spend the next 2 decades as the disgrace of the NFL.....until that fateful day that Al drops, they'll cuntinue be the laughing stock of the league.
    They need alot more help than just the QB position......

.....pop warner jackass fuxx!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down

That is true but it'll be interesting to see this unfold anyway. Shanahack and McNabb both like to play the game their way and who knows if they'll butt heads over what play is better for what down, etc. When Shanahack was with Elway it was a kismet to his coaching abilities but when you look at Shanahack's track record with QB's since then: Brewster, Plummer, and most of all, Cutler which more or less all ended in train wrecks I seriously doubt he'll take McNabb's gifts as a QB anywhere.
    I'm truly convinced that you have ZERO idea as to what you're even talking about. That's moronic to blame everything on Shanahan for what Denver did or didn't do following Elway. Were you there during the years under Dan Reeves? Were you even born? I suffered through all of those years and attended a million games. Well, a million might be a stretch?

Honestly and for the life of me, I cannot understand why you're even bothering to mention Bubby's name within said context of QB's? Bubby was scrapped in the PRE-SEASON in favor of Brian Griese!!!

If you're solely going on the performances of Mike's quarterbacks, you're not telling the full story. Plummer was a choker when we got him. It was only a matter of time before he coughed up a big inteception and 99.9999% of all Broncos fans fucking knew it.

Shanahan's problem has always been with the defense. Nonetheless and offensively, he's brilliant and Elway would've NEVER gotten either of those rings without Shanahan drafting T.D. when no one else wanted him. By that token, how much of a flop was Shanny with runningbacks? Yeah, pretty shitty wasn't he?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    I'm truly convinced that you have ZERO idea as to what you're even talking about. That's moronic to blame everything on Shanahan for what Denver did or didn't do following Elway. Were you there during the years under Dan Reeves? Were you even born? I suffered through all of those years and attended a million games. Well, a million might be a stretch?

Suffered? Max you suffered during the Reeves years?

just find this pretty funny considering in comparision, the Reeves years in Denver look like the lombardi dynasty years in Green Bay in comparision to the crap football I've seen.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post

just find this pretty funny considering in comparision, the Reeves years in Denver look like the lombardi dynasty years in Green Bay in comparision to the crap football I've seen.
    Well, enduring three Superbowl blowouts sucked ass!!! Imagine how shitty it was driving on the freeway and having the speed limit signs graffitied (sp? is that even a fucking word?) with Speed Limit 55 (it was back then) crossed out to read 49ers 55 and underneath Broncos 10!!! Oh wait, you were only an infant or not even an itch in papa's trousers way back when? Kinda like Kristy. lol

I mean, you should be used to the Browns forever doing nothing by now? At least you never get your hopes up only to have them crushed over and over infront of the entire free world!!! Let alone being dumb enough to throw Superbowl parties year after year!!!

Then, I dunno which is worse? Them finally winning back to back and blowing ass ever since or what it was like before? Only kidding cos after all of the years spent suffering, 97 and 98 were fucking very special seasons for me!!!
    Last edited by MAX; 04-05-2010 at 07:08 PM.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

or the forrest gregg era for that matter.:tongue0011:
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    or the forrest gregg era for that matter.:tongue0011:
    Unchainme's dad wasn't even alive for that era of the packers. uhuhuhuh

Ironic Redskins twist cos former coach Zorn was QB for the pack back then, no? I kinda remember that when I was in highschool?

For a minute I was getting confused with Rutigliano of the "Cardiac Kids" era with Cleveland but I soon remembered that's when I was Unchainme's age.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For a minute I was getting confused with Rutigliano of the "Cardiac Kids" era with Cleveland but I soon remembered that's when I was Unchainme's age.
    Brian Sipe was a badass, wasn't he? I think he still holds records for a Browns QB.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, enduring three Superbowl blowouts sucked ass!!! Imagine how shitty it was driving on the freeway and having the speed limit signs graffitied (sp? is that even a fucking word?) with Speed Limit 55 (it was back then) crossed out to read 49ers 55 and underneath Broncos 10!!! Oh wait, you were only an infant or not even an itch in papa's trousers way back when? Kinda like Kristy. lol

I mean, you should be used to the Browns forever doing nothing by now? At least you never get your hopes up only to have them crushed over and over infront of the entire free world!!! Let alone being dumb enough to throw Superbowl parties year after year!!!

Then, I dunno which is worse? Them finally winning back to back and blowing ass ever since or what it was like before? Only kidding cos after all of the years spent suffering, 97 and 98 were fucking very special seasons for me!!!
    LOL, the way my old man tells me and the overall feeling around the community, "The Fumble" and "The Drive" still sting badly, and were far, far worse.

YouTube - 1986 AFC Championship - Second TD drive

I could recount tons of stories I've heard of people huddled around their tv's after the Brennan TD getting like all psyched, planning to go over to Pasadena and buying tickets, My Dad sums it up as "You could bounce a basketball over 1-77 that day."

He says it was painful watching Elway and co. getting slaughtered in the super bowl, when he and the rest of Cleveland felt they could have defintly beaten the Giants and 'Skins in both of those games.

also, "The move" was probably the worst of them all, Art Modell is a slimeball, even as a kid I knew that.

Oh and they get my hopes up all the time.

"2003"- "Awesome! made the playoffs! we finally have some decent QBs in Kelly Holcomb and Timmy Couch! Now if we can get that o-line built up we can finally start to become a normal NFL team"

"2008"- "This season is going to own all! DA just went to the pro bowl and we added Shaun Rogers so we finally have a NT! And then we have Winslow and Edwards two of the best recievers in the NFL! and if DA chokes we always have Brady Quinn. Steelers are going down! their time running the north is done!"

I'm dying to see them contend again, sick of being the joke team, want to be hated by the Steelers again, and I want to see them at least go to a super bowl in my lifetime.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unchainme's dad wasn't even alive for that era of the packers. uhuhuhuh

Ironic Redskins twist cos former coach Zorn was QB for the pack back then, no? I kinda remember that when I was in highschool?

i honestly did not remember that..
    Green Bay Packers and Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1985–86)
    The Green Bay Packers signed Zorn to the second-string quarterback position in 1985. The Packers finished the season 8–8, 2nd in the NFC Central, but not enough to make the playoffs. The Packers released Zorn in the 1985-86 NFL off-season. Zorn decided to take a season off from the NFL and signed on to a backup quarterback position with the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1986, where he played one game before leaving the team and being released once again.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Brian Sipe was a badass, wasn't he? I think he still holds records for a Browns QB.
    Sipe was awesome!!! However, I think Kosar holds all The Browns records... Drinking records, that is...
    Last edited by MAX; 04-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL, the way my old man tells me and the overall feeling around the community, "The Fumble" and "The Drive" still sting badly, and were far, far worse.

YouTube - 1986 AFC Championship - Second TD drive

I could recount tons of stories I've heard of people huddled around their tv's after the Brennan TD getting like all psyched, planning to go over to Pasadena and buying tickets, My Dad sums it up as "You could bounce a basketball over 1-77 that day."

He says it was painful watching Elway and co. getting slaughtered in the super bowl, when he and the rest of Cleveland felt they could have defintly beaten the Giants and 'Skins in both of those games.

also, "The move" was probably the worst of them all, Art Modell is a slimeball, even as a kid I knew that.

Oh and they get my hopes up all the time.

"2003"- "Awesome! made the playoffs! we finally have some decent QBs in Kelly Holcomb and Timmy Couch! Now if we can get that o-line built up we can finally start to become a normal NFL team"

"2008"- "This season is going to own all! DA just went to the pro bowl and we added Shaun Rogers so we finally have a NT! And then we have Winslow and Edwards two of the best recievers in the NFL! and if DA chokes we always have Brady Quinn. Steelers are going down! their time running the north is done!"

I'm dying to see them contend again, sick of being the joke team, want to be hated by the Steelers again, and I want to see them at least go to a super bowl in my lifetime.
    Which name brings more of a tear to Unchainme Sr. is it Earnest Byner or Art Modell?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    i honestly did not remember that..
    Green Bay Packers and Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1985–86)
    The Green Bay Packers signed Zorn to the second-string quarterback position in 1985. The Packers finished the season 8–8, 2nd in the NFC Central, but not enough to make the playoffs. The Packers released Zorn in the 1985-86 NFL off-season. Zorn decided to take a season off from the NFL and signed on to a backup quarterback position with the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1986, where he played one game before leaving the team and being released once again.
    I remember Zorn when he was with The Seahwaks. That's why I also remembered him with The Packers cos I was surprised seeing him play. I was in highschool.

Last season they did some "reunion" segment of Zorn and Largent driving together in a VW Beetle cos I guess they used to carpool to work that way back in the 70's. Was kinda cool.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sipe was awesome!!! However, I think Kosar holds all The Browns records... Drinking records, that is...
    You know why I'm bringing up this name, but Don Strock didn't do so bad either for Cleveland. Ya know, it's a fuckin' shame that some of these guys (another, Steve Deberg) will never get recognized for the work they did.

Deberg in particular forever earned my respect during a game he played as a Dolphin against the Giants. He was sent to the locker room with what appeared to be a busted jaw, but ran back out (with blood dripping all over his uniform) to come back into the game. That's balls, folks. Anyone in the stands that day will remember it. Or so you'd hope.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 04-05-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Which name brings more of a tear to Unchainme Sr. is it Earnest Byner or Art Modell?
    Byner played his heart out. If he scores that touchdown it's probably the greatest single player preformance perhaps in playoff history. I don't fault him for the loss, I fault Webster Slaughter not blocking Jermiah Castille. Hell, I'd take Byner as a RB coach in a heartbeat!

Modell is a scumbag...period. He not only was partly responsible for the Indians consistant bad play in the 1970's and 1980's, but also would find a way to fuck things up on the Browns side of things.

plus, moving the CLEVELAND BROWNS, one of the flagship franchises in the NFL with one of the best fanbases anywhere is an unforgivable crime.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shanahan's problem has always been with the defense. Nonetheless and offensively, he's brilliant and Elway would've NEVER gotten either of those rings without Shanahan drafting T.D. when no one else wanted him. By that token, how much of a flop was Shanny with runningbacks? Yeah, pretty shitty wasn't he?
    We weren't even talking about running backs, dumbass.

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    McNabb will sign with the Vikings after the 2010 season.
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We weren't even talking about running backs, dumbass.
    lmao @ "dumbass" coming from you!!! Speaking of what you were trying to talk about... errrr... quarterbacks, no? Yet, you mentioned Scrubby Brister and referred to him as punky fucking "BREWSTER!!!" lmao!!! Seriously, please stay out of the Broncos (or any footy related for that matter) threads cos you have zero clue. Much like the rest of your mindless bubbleheaded drivel. Leave the footy chat with the boys where it belongs and go back to yer babe in the woods act within the front line. lol

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't believe they got rid of McNabb. He was the heart and soul of that team for years.
    I had him as my fantasy QB for a few years and he was MONEY!
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Agreed Sarge cos McNabb is one of the LAST things Philly should be worried about to get to the next level. Anyone looked at their lack of defense lately? Ugh!!!

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Skins will still suck!

Thread Information