X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

Van Halen, Live In Paris, France 1978

Here you go! Probably the best sounding, complete bootleg from the first tour.

My upload, let me know what you think!

Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Listening to it right now......thanks
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Got this in FLAC last year. Killer boot!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Show off
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
          Sniper
          • Oct 2009

Of the 78 tour boots, it's a tie between this, London, and Fresno!
          Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

London kicks ass too. Great recordings for back in the day....

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The yearly 77/78 stuff is incredible.. Eddie never played like that again..
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Too bad substance abuse and years of fluffy music & passive playing have taken it's toll.
                The "reunion" tour was the hardest he's had to work in ages. Hard enough to drive him to relapse ...

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Too bad substance abuse and years of fluffy music & passive playing have taken it's toll.
                  The "reunion" tour was the hardest he's had to work in ages. Hard enough to drive him to relapse ...
                  Without a doubt, brotha.. This last tour forced EVH to play in a style that he hasn't played in years... The fucking 'auto-pilot' years have taken their toll for sure..
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2009

So do you guys like this? What about the other three boots I posted yesterday evening?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Without a doubt, brotha.. This last tour forced EVH to play in a style that he hasn't played in years... The fucking 'auto-pilot' years have taken their toll for sure..
                      Judging by his playing of the classics during the Gary Cherone era, his playing has suffered greatly from drug abuse. I think there's a part of Ed that is very self loathing and a part of him that
                      used to fill that with praise of his abilities.
                      I don't think he has it in him anymore (as a player) to inspire like he used to....

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I loved this boot - I actually got it onto my ipod! Many thanks - and yes, they sounded very sharp on all of these. Haven't ever heard a live version of Feel your Love before.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                          Here you go! Probably the best sounding, complete bootleg from the first tour.

My upload, let me know what you think!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G590XPXY
                          Big, big thanx!

This is a jewel... safe for the audience, who sound incredibly passive...
                          Maybe they were too overwhelmed with what they heard -
                          they played at le Theatre Mogador (on May 10th btw, not March 30th),
                          which isn't a very big concert hall, but well, VH was just releasing the first album by then.

Amazing boot, anyway! The sound is way better than the London concert, btw.

Cheers! :bottle:
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

Thanks i've this on K7, my recording was i think a litle slow.Happy to hear this better version.
                            Last edited by vaijuju; 04-17-2010, 09:39 AM.
                            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• vaijuju
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2008

Thanks again vanhalenfan5150, sound is very good (we can listen the bass).Now i'm happy to listen this show with the right speed.
                              http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

Working...