X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

That's grate news.

Not only I don't wish him any ill - he may be extremely annoying, but he never really did anyone any harm - I'd hate for him to use his death just to get media attention for one last time.

Fucking prick.

Here's to a fast recovery, you fuckin' fish face.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bret Michaels' Condition Worsening, Not Improving; Surgery Imminent

Swelling of the Brain Causing Poison Frontman's Condition to Deteriorate

By Saul Relative

"Celebrity Apprentice" contestant and Poison frontman Bret Michaels' condition is said to be deteriorating, according to a report from ETOnline. The celebrity news site claims that a source close to the family revealed that the 47-year-old singer would undergo surgery soon to relieve swelling in the brain. The report comes on the heels of optimistic doctoral prognoses and reports, including an interview with Bret Michaels' father.

After five days in the hospital, Bret Michaels' condition remained critical, and doctors were still having difficulty locating the source of the bleeding that was found emanating from the base of his brain. His publicists headed off talk of "stabilized" and "improving" condition reports by posting a statement Sunday on the rocker's website and his Facebook page, noting that Poison frontman was in an ICU in critical condition, that the tests had failed to locate the source of the subarachnoid hemorrhage, that more tests were forthcoming, and that although Bret Michaels was conscious, his words were slurred and his vision blurry.

It was a cautious but hopeful statement, entreating all of Bret Michaels' fans -- from his music and his stints on reality shows like "Rock of Love" and "Celebrity Apprentice 3" -- to pray and hope for the best.
      On Monday, reports were somewhat pragmatic. Updates on the singer's condition included many professional medical opinions on what could be expected. Although some of the numbers were a bit daunting -- such as one in four of brain hemorrhage victims die within the first week and half within the first six months -- the idea of survivability became the underlying theme.

Then, on Tuesday, "Extra" talked with Bret Michaels' father, Wally Sychak, who told them that he had talked to his son, and although his words were a bit slow, he understood the conversation. He seemed to be improving.

He said he had been told that Michaels was moving his arms and legs. When asked how Bret had sounded on the phone, his father said, "He sounded a little slow, but fine. He was talking, not as cheerful as he usually is. But I guess he is under sedation. But he understood what he was saying and knew me. Everything seemed good that way."

"Well, the fact that he was talking to me and giving me information," Sychak told "Extra," "I thought that was great. I understood that this was a terrible ordeal that he was going through. We're not getting information right now. I guess no news is good news."

But if the news being reported by ETOnline about surgery being imminent came from a reliable source, no news in this case wasn't so good.

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital Thursday night after suffering from an excruciatingly painful headache. He was diagnosed with a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a bleeding between the brain and its protective layer of tissue covering the brain. Doctors are unsure of the cause of the hemorrhage but note that most are caused by undetected aneurysms.

Bret Michaels is currently starring as a contestant on "Celebrity Apprentice," where he has raised thousands of dollars for diabetes (the American Diabetes Association), a condition for which he was diagnosed at the age of six.
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

The fact that 20 years of an over tightened headband and deep drilled hairplugs may have caused this dilemma. Get well soon Bert!
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
          Sniper
          • Oct 2009

I hope the man's okay! He's a great guy, he's cool, he's a true rocker, and even if I never liked Poison I feel great sorrow for him! Get well soon Bret!
          Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
            That's grate news.

Not only I don't wish him any ill - he may be extremely annoying, but he never really did anyone any harm - I'd hate for him to use his death just to get media attention for one last time.

Fucking prick.

Here's to a fast recovery, you fuckin' fish face.

Cheers! :bottle:
            Really.

If he passed away, VH1 Classic would be running every Posion video round-the-clock, Eddie Trunk would pronounce him rock's greatest frontman of all time, and you couldn't turn on a radio for at least three days without hearing that Every Rose Has A Thorn gayness...

About the only thing worse would be if Jon Bon Jerkoff kicked the bucket. Man, I hope I'm not around to see or hear THAT bunch of idolizing media jibber-jabber should that come to pass.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Medical tests show Bret Michaels has suffered a setback in his recovery from a brain hemorrhage, according to a statement posted on his official website Tuesday.

Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels' condition, a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures," said the statement posted by road manager Janna Elias.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

This is not looking good at all.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  Really.

If he passed away, VH1 Classic would be running every Posion video round-the-clock, Eddie Trunk would pronounce him rock's greatest frontman of all time, and you couldn't turn on a radio for at least three days without hearing that Every Rose Has A Thorn gayness...

About the only thing worse would be if Jon Bon Jerkoff kicked the bucket. Man, I hope I'm not around to see or hear THAT bunch of idolizing media jibber-jabber should that come to pass.
                  Amen to that!
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't think Brett's previous collision with a falling stage background is related to his hemorrhage. It's true that such injuries can lie dormant for months or even years before they bleed out . The Beatles original bass player Stu Sutcliffe died of a hemorrhage resulting from getting his ass kicked in Hamburg several months earlier.

But Michaels got hit in the nose by the stage mishap. That's not likely to cause a brain stem injury. Hearing the low sodium factor mentioned, I'm still thinking that something related to his recent appendectomy is to blame. Whether prescription drug side effects, or a dietary thing, as being a diabetic and recovering from surgery can't be a great combination.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/04/2...ion=cnn_latest

Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels' condition, a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures," said the statement posted by road manager Janna Elias.
                      As opposed to hyponabasalt which is a lack of rock metal in the body...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                        I don't think Brett's previous collision with a falling stage background is related to his hemorrhage. It's true that such injuries can lie dormant for months or even years before they bleed out . The Beatles original bass player Stu Sutcliffe died of a hemorrhage resulting from getting his ass kicked in Hamburg several months earlier.

But Michaels got hit in the nose by the stage mishap. That's not likely to cause a brain stem injury. Hearing the low sodium factor mentioned, I'm still thinking that something related to his recent appendectomy is to blame. Whether prescription drug side effects, or a dietary thing, as being a diabetic and recovering from surgery can't be a great combination.
                        My elderly housemate has been going through some horrific health problems, and one of the frequent consequences of her diabetes is her enzymes going way off - sometimes nearly causing her death. Her magnesium goes wacky - then potassium - knocks her heart rythyms out of kilter. Diabetes is a real strain on the body, and yes, with all the other problems he's going through it's certainly not making anything easier.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I GUESS REPORTS OF HIS NEAR DEATH HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGGERATED.

(CNN) -- Bret Michaels' recovery from a brain hemorrhage suffered last week is going well enough that his concert tour could resume in a month, according to a statement on his website.

The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday," his road manager Janna Elias said in the statement.

Tuesday's statement from Elias disclosed Michaels suffered a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called "hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures."

Doctors sill have not pinpointed the "exact cause of the rupture" in Michaels' brain, she said.

"He is responding well to tests and treatments," Elias said.

Video: Friends of Bret talk with Larry

Video: Sharon Osbourne prays for Bret Michaels Michaels, 47, was the lead singer for the '80s glam-metal "hair band" Poison. He became a reality star by headlining the VH1 show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels." He has also appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice."

Elias said the plan is for Michaels' tour to resume May 26 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."

The possibility Michaels could return to performing next month comes just six days after what has been described as a near-fatal attack.

"Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal," Elias said Tuesday.

His full recovery could be months away, she said.

"With further testing and rehabilitation, they are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months," she said.

Michaels is suffering slurred speech and blurred vision, according to earlier statements.

His manager and publicist have been careful not to disclose the hospital or even the city where the singer is being treated. They cite security reasons for the secrecy.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I think that report is highly exaggerated...

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                              Elias said the plan is for Michaels' tour to resume May 26 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."

His full recovery could be months away, she said.
                              So, his full recovery could be months away, yet he's going back on tour in less than a month? Is that a good idea to be going back to work so soon if he's not completely healthy, yet? Seems to me that's just asking for a relapse.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                                So, his full recovery could be months away, yet he's going back on tour in less than a month? Is that a good idea to be going back to work so soon if he's not completely healthy, yet? Seems to me that's just asking for a relapse.
                                Why would you think that?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...