To me, this is utter horseshit. After kid that has been exploited since roughly the age of 12 by coaches looking to keep employment, teachers that turn a blind eye to the kid's needs and colleges that make millions of dollars from the kid's talent, a potential NFL employer has the balls to question the kid's character? How dare anyone involved in the crass manipulation of a human being be allowed to ask such a question without looking in the mirror first? This is nothing more than sheer arrogance, and exposes the underlying "indentured servant" aspects of professional sports enterprises.

It has been offered that a team willing to spend millions on a prospect has a right to inquire about the employee's character. Uh-huh. If the same person is trying to gain employment at a mom and pop auto parts store, scooping ice cream at Baskin-Robbins or shoveling shit for Waste Management, what does his mother's personal life have to do with whether or not he can do the job? Come to think of it, catching passes for Miami or Detroit is pretty much the same thing as working for a garbage company anyway. So why ask the question in the first place?

Dolphins' Ireland apologizes to Bryant

Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland apologized to Dallas Cowboys first-round draft pick Dez Bryant on Tuesday for asking during a pre-draft visit whether his mother was a prostitute.

David Wells, Bryant's adviser, told ESPNDallas.com Tuesday that the former Oklahoma State wide receiver was asked about his mother during a visit to the Dolphins in March, prior to the NFL draft.

Yahoo! Sports, which was first to report the story, also revealed that it was Ireland who asked the question of Bryant.

Wells and Bryant declined further comment.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm considering drafting. Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions," Ireland said Tuesday in a statement released by the Dolphins. "Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines