X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Unfortunately here on planet Earth 2.5% won't be enough to pay for the social services, education, roads and healthcare I want.

Even worse I feel a bit short of cash this month so I'm going to choose not to accept peace exists and instead choose to accept The Flying Spaghetti Monster this year because being a human I am a hypocrite and a bit crap so need to be coerced a bit to pay taxes for the good.
    Still a base of 2.5 accepting or not,

Do you really think 2.5 % of Earth's total monetary wealth yearly is not enough? I am just joshing, but surly 2.5% glean of world assets would ... well to be honest, I never though of this in a world fashion. Seems just getting Suade to cover their 2.5 with the world would be a huge difference.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

You heard wrong.

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I wonder what the world gross product is, now that you mentioned it.
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I am not fond of monetary things, monetary systems seems so arbitrary.
          sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

How does one measure the production value of a planetary system.
            sigpic

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

There's a Gross World Product...........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_world_product

A World Gross Product???? Gotta imagine aborted fetuses are pretty gross
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by kwame k
                  There's a Gross World Product...........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_world_product

A World Gross Product???? Gotta imagine aborted fetuses are pretty gross
                  4200 Per capita, even in America is significant.
                  sigpic

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Sure, if it was 4,200 beers on the wall.......
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      Art thou addressing such comments to Me?

For I hath many jobs:

Son of God, Son of man, Messiah, Lord, Savior, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, King of the Jews, the Great Physician, etc.
                      Hey JC! Why, yes, you did have many jobs. One of them was as a carpenter. You didn't spent all your days traveling around. You actually had a business and a house and tools and Judas was your accountant. You had an accountant because you paid taxes...on the income you earned from your business. Your accountant stole from your finances. It's in your book. Surprised it's not mentioned more often.

It's also in your book how you and your buds helped the poor with contributions given by followers (funnily enough those funds were NOT handled by Judas). The Luke community tends to emphasize the womenfolk doing this, but I don't need to tell you that that's because they were dealing with a lot of issues in the women being abused and killed arena. Other books tend to even out the gender participation.

And hey - while I have your attention and we're talking about money -- how come people are so quick to point out every other contradiction in the Bible, but they shy away from the money contradiction? You tended to the poor during the day, but you ate dinners with the wealthy at night. You tell some wealthy people to give up all they have to the poor, but you tell other wealthy people to keep their money for their families...several times and all within verses of each other! It seems to be that the wealthy people who made no charitable contributions with money or time were told to give up everything, but those that were wealthy and did spend some sort helping where told to keep their riches. And why does no one talk about how you didn't want the government to be in charge of charity because you can't trust a government to do it and that charity was suppose to be by the followers on their own accord (with free will!) because they were the ones who would best take care of your flock?
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Nice but you are kidding yourself.

Firstly in the primative times that Jesus was meant to be wandering around you can't compare the government structures to the ones of today. A huge corrupt imperial army occupying a country and milking it.

Actually maybe not a great example given Iraq.

Apart from a few notable exceptions like Gates charitable giving is irrelevant compared to government pooling resources to give. For example Bob Geldof said that he got more money from a 15 minute meeting with the French president than all of the years of Band Aid/Live Aid combined.

Ironically Bush was able to give huge amounts of money to Africa.

Basically what you are saying is that it is better for you to give money to the church who then use it to pay the lawyers in their pedophilia cases than for everyone to pay a little more into a central pot which is used to provide proper healthcare your poor neighbors who at present are dying in their tens of thousands because of a lack of it.

The money they don't spend on pedophilia is then used to spread wicked dogma. We'll feed you if you become future customers. We'll give you medicine if you attend classes where we tell you not to use contraception meaning you are over populated and Aids ridden, perfect breeding ground for a death cult.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Cut the catholicism out and she's correct...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So you are saying all christians were wrong for the first 1600 years but a minority of them are right now?

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

No, but how were they wrong for 1600 years ??

If you're talking about catholics, yes, they evolved into something very much like pharisees in my opinion...
                              Last edited by ELVIS; 05-05-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You seem to think catholicism is wrong and that's all there used to be.

In fact christians could get a bit stressed about that and set you on fire if you didn't agree.

Comment

Working...