Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Change of plans apparently. A one-off concert....Halford not involved:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/140878

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 07:03:49 EST

On May 16th, 2010 RONNIE JAMES DIO passed away and the world of music mourned the loss of the greatest voice of heavy metal.

Dio was a truly iconic figure in music, whose work with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, DIO and most recently HEAVEN & HELL defined a genre.

Heaven & Hell were set to be on the road in Europe this summer when news came through that despite the amazing progress he was making Ronnie wouldn't be well enough to tour and those shows were canceled. But now, remaining members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice are set to play a one off show to celebrate his life and work.

The Heaven & Hell one-off show - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio, will be held at the High Voltage Festival on Saturday, July 24th. All proceeds to be donated to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.

The band will be completed by Glenn Hughes and Jorn Lande who will both contribute vocals. Former DEEP PURPLE / Black Sabbath star Glenn Hughes was a close friend of Ronnie's for many years and performed a musical tribute at Ronnie's funeral service in Los Angeles. Norwegian Jorn Lande is best known in the UK as the vocalist for power metal band MASTERPLAN, he has also released many solo albums including a tribute to Ronnie. It promises to be a fitting celebration to a man that the metal scene owes so much.

Says Geezer Butler: "It's going to be a very emotional occasion. Ronnie loved his fans like no-one else I know - and they loved him. It will be a privilege doing a gig in honour of his memory, and to help towards his charity. Above all, I hope it encourages people to have regular check-ups for this disease. Early detection is vital, and greatly improves the chance of a cure. I know everyone has heard that a million times before, but seeing one of your best friends die because we all think we're immune from this disease, really brings it home. Do it for yourself, your family, your friends. Ronnie would be proud of you."

Tony Iommi says: "Ronnie's passing has left a huge hole, we hadn't anywhere near finished what we set out to do as a band together. He was so looking forward to the European tour and we hope this appearance will go some way to fulfilling that."

The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund Program Description

*The fund is committed to the early detection and prevention of cancer through facilitating access to medical screening and medical educational programs.

*The fund supports programs designed to integrate medical knowledge into local communities such as cancer screening programs, education on nutrition in cancer prevention, exercise and overall wellness."

*The goal of the fund is to reduce the risk of developing life threatening cancers by offering access to preventative medical services."

*Furthering the commitment for patients to access to quality medical care related to cancer, the fund seeks to assist families burdened by the cost of caring for loved ones with cancer."

For further information on the Fund and to make a donation please visit www.ronniejamesdio.com.

Tickets for High Voltage festival are priced £135 (for weekend tickets) and £75 (for day tickets). There is no booking fee for Classic Rock Presents High Voltage tickets. Other VIP packages available alongside standard tickets from www.highvoltagefestival.com or 24hr cc ticketline 0871 230 5582.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-16-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Sounds like Jimmy Bain should get paid. lol
    Sounds like Ronnie Dio fucked everyone he's had working for him.. It's really not funny at all.

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have to laugh when I read a "one off" show with Glenn Hughes.

I'd bet a few dollars that they decide to tour with him replacing RJD....
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Before Ronnie James Dio succumbed to his battle with cancer over a month ago, Heaven & Hell planned to tour. The remaining members -- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, along with Vinny Appice -- will honor one of their commitments and play a one-off show on July 24 at the High Voltage Festival in London to honor Dio's life, work, voice and heart.

Heaven & Hell were initially scheduled to play to show with Dio. BlackSabbath.com is reporting that former Sabbath and Deep Purple vocalist Glenn Hughes and Masterplan's Jorn Lande will cover vocals in Dio's stead.

Hughes and Dio were lifelong friends, with Hughes performing a tribute to his friend at Dio's funeral service. Lande was a huge Dio fan, even releasing a Dio tribute album.

Proceeds from the July 24 gig will benefit the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund. More information on the performance is available at the High Voltage Festival website.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQet9sYssc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQet9sYssc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMAO!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MwMXXuWKAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MwMXXuWKAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As I predicted....the talk going on suggests some sort of project. It won't be a "one-off"...it will only be a one time show as Heaven and Hell.

>>BLACK SABBATH guitar legend TONY IOMMI spoke to Sundaymercury.net about the HEAVEN & HELL one-off show - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio, which will be held at the High Voltage Festival on Saturday, July 24th and will feature the vocals of Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) and Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN). "This will be the very last gig we play as Heaven & Hell," reveals Iommi. "We chose the name because the band comprised the Black Sabbath line-up that made the Heaven & Hell album. We couldn't carry on under that name without Ronnie. It just wouldn't be right, and none of us has the desire to do that. We wouldn't call ourselves Black Sabbath either." When asked about what's next for Iommi he responds: "We'd like to do something, and carry on playing. But in what form - and with what singer - I don't know. Geezer (Butler) is back in Britain this week so we can rehearse for the tribute. Maybe then we'll have time to see what the future holds." So is a full-blown Black Sabbath reunion on the cards, or have too many harsh words been spoken? Tony is not ruling anything out. "I spoke to Ozzy while I was in Los Angeles after Ronnie's funeral, and he said he'd give me a call when he got to England on his own tour," he reveals. "But I've not had that telephone call yet. Ozzy and I have a complicated relationship but we've always kept in touch, no matter what else might have been going on. Would I play with Ozzy again? Who knows? It's weird with me and Ozzy. There can be all sorts of shit going on but when we talk, it's like nothing bad has ever happened. Once the tribute is done, we can all sit down and decide what it is exactly that we'd like to do."

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'd still like a Sabbath album with Ozzy...

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really? Wouldn't it just be tampering with the myth?

Surprised as I am by how good 'Scream' is, I just don't have much faith in a Sabbath record - the songs in the late '90s on the live record were awful, and I think an album could only disappoint....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit, OZZY and Sharon have done more than "Tampered" with the myth. They've held it down and ass fucked it.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    Surprised as I am by how good 'Scream' is, I just don't have much faith in a Sabbath record - the songs in the late '90s on the live record were awful, and I think an album could only disappoint....
    Crap, don't remind me. I was stunned by how crummy those songs were, and wished they'd been left off the album, replaced by a couple more live tunes. While the live tracks sounded pretty good, I liked the thrown together Past Lives album much better, even if it was nailed together from the old Live At Last record and a bunch of odds and ends.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It doesn't really matter anymore...

They'll do it when they're desparate for money, and at that point they will really suck...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Scream sucks. I listened to it once and can't bring myself to play it again. Same old Ozzy with the harmonized vocals.

An Ozzy-Sabbath album would suck. Eventually you just have to say, "it's enough".

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This might sound bizarre, but if the surviving members of Heaven And Hell really want to throw everyone a curve ball, they could get Veronica Freeman from Benedictum. OK, she won't make you forget Lita Ford in the looks department, but she has a voice that really would seem to fit the band. Plus, she does the whole "Sword and Sorcery" routine pretty well. (More pictures HERE.)

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I'd still like a Sabbath album with Ozzy...

Why, so $haron can one day replace Tony, Geezer, & Bill's tracks when she decides they don't need to be paid anymore?
    Last edited by Diamondjimi; 07-12-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, to listen to...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    This might sound bizarre, but if the surviving members of Heaven And Hell really want to throw everyone a curve ball, they could get Veronica Freeman from Benedictum. OK, she won't make you forget Lita Ford in the looks department, but she has a voice that really would seem to fit the band. Plus, she does the whole "Sword and Sorcery" routine pretty well. (More pictures HERE.)

Frankly she's pretty good. Lita or not...Check out those legs!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That looks and sounds like a man...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    Check out those legs!

Check out that adam's apple...

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    I think Scream sucks. I listened to it once and can't bring myself to play it again. Same old Ozzy with the harmonized vocals.

An Ozzy-Sabbath album would suck. Eventually you just have to say, "it's enough".
    It's a grower. Trust me.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Ronnie James Dio Tribute Show Bootleg from the High Voltage Festival

Tracklist:

E5150
    The Mob Rules (1)
    I (1)
    Country Girl (2)
    Children of The Sea (2)
    Turn Up The Night (1)
    Voodoo (1)
    Bible Black (2)
    Falling Off The Edge of The World (2)
    Tony Iommi’s solo
    Die Young (1)
    Wendy Dio’s speech
    Heaven And Hell (1) (2)
    ------------------
    Neon Knights (1) (2) (3)

(1) Jorn Lande - vocals
    (2) Glenn Hughes - vocals
    (3) Philip Anselmo - vocals
    Download links:

http://hotfile.com/dl/57734147/6c9d7...2010).rar.html

http://sharingmatrix.com/file/147950...%5D_(2010).rar

Format: MP3 320Kbps

Size: 171 Mb

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really strongly dislike this guy.

VIVIAN CAMPBELL On DIO: 'We Never Had A Very Strong Relationship Beyond Music' - July 6, 2011

Radio Metal recently conducted an interview with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Radio Metal: There are three new songs at the end of "Mirror Ball". Are they a good representation of what the band is about right now?

Vivan Campbell: They're three very different songs. They're not necessarily band songs, they were written by individuals: Rick Savage [bass] wrote the song "Kings Of The World", Phil Collen wrote the song "It's All About Believin'", and Joe Elliott wrote the song "Undefeated". They represent three different styles, but that's part of the beauty of LEPPARD: everyone in the band contribute on the creative level, although usually on a DEF LEPPARD record we tend to be more involved as a band as it comes for the writing, at least for the make-up of the song. But on this record, it was a live album and essentially, at the end of it, our management advised us that we should add some new songs, so we essentially just went individually on the songs. I think the one that represents the band the most is Joe's song "Undefeated". I really do think that Joe probably wrote the best DEF LEPPARD songs because he brings a very simplistic approach to the songwriting and that's what makes it so universal. "Undefeated" is a great rock song and I think it really represents what the band is about right now. It's our intention in 2012 to make another studio album and hopefully we'll learn a little bit toward the rock side of the spectrum.

Radio Metal: You've been quoted saying that you'd want the next DEF LEPPARD album to be back to the "High N' Dry" sound. This is interesting because you weren't in the band at the time of that album and the band didn't have the success it had with later albums. What do you like about that album?

Vivian Campbell: Well, first of all I think that everyone in the band would like it too but I'm not sure that it's gonna be quite like that later on. I mean it's our intention to try and get back some of the flavor, but I think it would be wrong to try and make an album that sounds exactly like "High N' Dry". What was really good about "High N' Dry" was that it really showcased the influences of rock. But that's only part of the influences of DEF LEPPARD. The band is also very melodic in terms of our influences and many people would say that the real DEF LEPPARD sound was from "Pyromania" and onward. There was a fusion of these rock elements and the pop sensibilities. That's always been what we tried to achieve when we write songs and go to the studio, to balance these two elements. There's a percentage of our fans that really want us to just get back to the rock thing and we're very aware of that, but I don't think that's the majority of the DEF LEPPARD fans. I always said, when people ask me about our friend producers, that if [Rick] Rubin for example would work with DEF LEPPARD and produce a record he would absolutely strip the band back to the roots and try and make the band record an album like "High N' Dry". But it's not always possible because that record was recorded many, many years ago, and the one thing that's consistent in life is change. People change, your attitude change, everything around you changes constantly so it's not always possible to go back to a certain point in time. But I do think that that's a good influence or target for us collectively to look at when we think about our next studio record, and I think that there's a couple of guys in the band who shares that opinion.

Radio Metal: You played with Dio's solo band in the early '80s, at what is considered its creative peak, but I know that you two were not very much on good terms. Is this something that you regret now, not to have had the time to make up with him before he died?

Vivian Campbell: No. Even when I was in the band with Ronnie [James Dio] back in the days, we never had a very strong relationship beyond music. That was what brought us together: we were on stage together, recording and writing songs... It was a very strange relationship between he and I. It was a lot of miscommunication, of misunderstanding and I think a lot of it was generational. Ronnie was a lot older than me and I found it very difficult to communicate with him and vice versa, I think he found it very difficult to communicate with me. A lot of people have thought for years and years that I left the band, which is not true, I was fired. I never wanted to quit the DIO band. I didn't have any reason to contact him again after he fired me. It had been 25 or so years since Ronnie had fired me from the band. I've never seen him again, I've never spoken to him again, he never contacted me. It is what it is. I'm very proud of the records that we recorded together, but you can't go back. You gotta keep moving forward.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "...you can't go back. You gotta keep moving forward."
    Yeah right. Forward to Def Leppard's High and Dry... Forward to a Thin Lizzy tribute band.... One hell of a ground breaking career ya got goin Viv!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always loved RJD's description of this gashead after he was booted from Dio's camp, as it aptly much sums up the guy's entire career path: "Now he's an extra in Whitesnake."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Radio Metal: You've been quoted saying that you'd want the next DEF LEPPARD album to be back to the "High N' Dry" sound. This is interesting because you weren't in the band at the time of that album
    That's an insane question.

What's he gonna say, they should go back to the 'Slang' sound?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So Vivian Campbell thinks he can get those washed up fools to make another "High & Dry" huh?

Well, I wish you luck, Viv. Hell, I'd love to hear it, and it would be the first Def Leppard album I bought since 1987, if you pulled it off.

But I'm not holding my breath.......
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I predict the suck will brimming on their next "effort".

I can proudly say these wankers haven't gotten a penny of my money since the release of High n Dry. Shit they even left off the best song from those sessions....

Thread Information