X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by The Flag
    What I'm hearing you say is that you'd like to go to the next level.

Ok, Ted. Next level...coming up!

One last chance to apologize, because I'm a nice guy.
    Whether he does or doesn't.....Me and everyone else reading this thread, shaking their head, and saying WTF???

This is a R.I.P. thread to Ronnie James Dio, dumbfuck!.....Do you really find it necessary to air out your bullshit here?...Are you fucking SERIOUS??!?

Find another thread to handle this shit in you rude, disrespectful motherfucker!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Unfortunately, he is.....

And heaven help him if his "next level" is personal info that could expose my family or children.

We're onto this wack job.

Don't worry, a webbie will clean up the thread and remove his bullshit.

Gar's as well.
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• The Flag
        Banned
        • May 2010

Heaven help me because you put your personal shit all over the internet? That's public information, sweetie. It has nothing to do with me.

Heaven help you for habitually fucking with people, while thinking you're safely tucked away in your anonymous closet. Don't fuck with people, and you have nothing to worry about. That's all on you.

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

I don't want to speak for Bob (hell, I can't!....I don't even know his language!), but I would like to Thank the powers that be, for honoring this thread with a sticky!

Ronnie James was a badass singer....and he deserves a badass thread.
          'Nuff Said
          (that rhymed)

Thanks!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Heaven help me because you put your personal shit all over the internet? That's public information, sweetie. It has nothing to do with me.

Heaven help you for habitually fucking with people, while thinking you're safely tucked away in your anonymous closet. Don't fuck with people, and you have nothing to worry about. That's all on you.
            Seek help, mancrush.

Don't call me sweetie, and don't confuse what goes on on a message board with real life.

You got your feelings hurt, and now think you're a big tough guy on the internet?

Everybody has personal info on the internet, surely someone who claims to be smarter than everyone else here knows that.

But thanks for confirming what everyone has always suspected.
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Yes, I'm banned...
              No one banned you, as far as I know.... The only thing I did was remove the avatar pic...
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

It is a shame that in a thread dedicated to celebrating a man's life and mourning his passing that the usual nonsense has to take place. Look, I get how important conflict is at this site, and how some folks feel a passionate need to follow each other all around the joint to continue their pissing matches. But consider this...

Yesterday was an up and down, traumatic affair. Early on, it was reported by a handful of sites that Ronnie Dio had died. These reports were premature, forcing the poor guy's wife to make a statement that the man had not died, but the prognosis was grim. Then a few hours later, she had to go through things all over again when Dio did pass away. Many were initially shocked beyond words, yet when the floodgates opened the genuine outpouring of grief and appreciation for the man's life and work proved exceptional throughout the internet.

Out of respect for that and the man's grieving widow, could we please call a moratorium on the crap slinging or at least keep it in another thread?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                  R.I.P. Eat your heart out while rockin' out in the heavens.
                  Shut the fuck up. Why must you infect this place by posting here?

Take the anal plug out and go for a walk or something.
                  ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

how low can you sink not paying respect for one of the greates rock voices ever...shame on you...

R.I.P. DIO
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• kissfan1976
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2010

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I uploaded a flash video from a Houston TV station from March. it was a segment on Ronnie and his chemotherapy.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I was just referencing one of his songs from the '84 album... sorry if people took it the wrong way.
                          sigpic

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

This is a fairly interesting, if lengthy examination of Dio's singing range over the years. The person that put it together (Thetarantinomaniac) has done similar work on a variety of artists, and this is worth a look for the painstaking effort involved.

Included is the text he offered by way of description for what you are hearing.

Thetarantinomaniac — February 27, 2010 — Ronnie is widely recognized for his powerful low tenor voice, and it often assumed that he has a very large range to go with it. While it is true that he does, he almost always only sings at a register between D4 and D5. Low notes are very rare for him, and anything above E5 gets screamy. Over his long career, he has sung for Ronnie Dio And The Prophets, The Elves, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, and Dio.

1. What is this? It's a twenty-something-year-old Ronnie crooning the song "Don't Take Your Love From Me" in the sixties. Note is B2.
                            2. Another B2 during a different section of the same song.
                            3. A last B2 during a repeat of the previous section in "Don't Take Your Love From Me".
                            4. Here's a barely-recognizable Ronnie from a few years later, first hitting a strained C5, then trailing down to a very bizarre-sounding B2. Song is "The Rape Of Andrea Lucia".
                            5. Several B♭2s in the backing vocal of "After All (The Dead)".
                            6. More B♭2s from the next verse of the same song.
                            7. The last verse of the same song, with more B♭2s in the backing vocal.
                            8. Back to the crooning lows with a B♭2 from "Mr. Misery".
                            9. Several B♭2s from the ending of the same song.
                            10. A cover of "I Left My Heart In San Francisco", in which Ronnie sings down to A2.
                            11. Another A2 from the same song. You can hear how Ronnie had trouble with the low notes in these early days!
                            12. Fast forward a few decades again, and we have a more aged Ronnie hitting a solid G2 in a cover of "Welcome To My Nightmare", which he follows up to with a few B2s.
                            13. Next is Ronnie's lowest sung note: F♯2 in "Turn To Stone".
                            14. A single F♯2 from the next chorus of "Turn To Stone".
                            15. Several more F♯2s from the ending of the same song, though the last one appears to only make it down to G♯2.
                            16. Ronnie's never featured his lowest notes in songs, but his speaking voice shows room for more. Here he is in an interview, speaking down to a full-voiced C♯2(!) and a vocal fry F1.
                            17. Now we move on to the high notes. Here we have the last verse of the famous epic, "Stargazer", featuring some of Ronnie's most emotional singing to date. Top note is C5.
                            18. Some fantastic singing up to C5 from "Gates Of Babylon".
                            19. Sustained C5s from "Holy Diver", with E♭5 harmonies as backing vocals.
                            20. A good C♯5 from "The Mob Rules".
                            21. A strong C♯5 from "Caught In The Middle".
                            22. A soulful C♯5 from a live cover of "Mistreated".
                            23. A great C♯5 section from the song "Turn Up The Night", with falsetto E5s in the backing harmonies.
                            24. The classic D5 from "Lady Of The Lake".
                            25. An excellent D5 from "Don't Talk To Strangers".
                            26. A nice D5 section from "Man On The Silver Mountain".
                            27. Belting up to E♭5 from a live performance of "Neon Knights".
                            28. An E♭5 from the beginning of "Slipping Away".
                            29. A live performance of "The Mob Rules", where he takes the intro note up to E♭5.
                            30. Here's where things start to get screamy for Ronnie, starting with the famous E5 from "Gypsy".
                            31. A live version of the same song, where he actually manages the same note in full voice, though he also cuts the beginning of it.
                            32. A screamy E5 from the beginning of "What Cost War".
                            33. Another E5 from the same song, this time a little sharp.
                            34. A final E5 at the closing of "What Cost War", this time a bit harsher than the rest.
                            35. Here we have Ronnie shouting his way up to an F5 from a live performance of "Neon Knights".
                            36. And now we've arrived at Ronnie's highest full voice note to date: a very screamy G5 from the song "Wild One".
                            37. Onto the falsetto register now. First off is a G♯5 from "Lock Up The Wolves".
                            38. Here's a live version of the same song, where he matches the same note in falsetto.
                            39. He also takes the falsetto G5 in "Lock Up The Wolves" up to a G♯5 during live performances.
                            40. Now we move on to live versions of "Wild One", where he takes the final scream up to a falsetto G♯5.
                            41. Another falsetto G♯5 from a live performance of "Wild One".
                            42. Here's a live version of "Gypsy", where Ronnie takes the opening scream up to a falsetto G♯5.
                            43. Another live performance of "Gypsy", this time with the top note of the intro being a falsetto A5.
                            44. A falsetto A5 from a performance of "The Mob Rules".
                            45. A VERY short B5 from "Die Young". Such high notes are rare on studio albums!
                            46. Another live version of "Wild One". This time he does the ending scream as a falsetto B5!
                            47. One final "Wild One" live performance, again with B5 for the scream, but with an extra B5 ad-libbed right after it!
                            48. One last version of "Gypsy", where Ronnie's voice cracks on the scale upwards, and he ends up hitting a falsetto A6!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VanHalener
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                              I was just referencing one of his songs from the '84 album... sorry if people took it the wrong way.
                              Everything you do is wrong. Now go away.

In other news...

~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Oh fuck, I can NOT believe that the usual pieces of shit can't stop their fucking attention whoring for ONE minute, even in a thread where we honour DIO.

This goes for YOU - Gayr, Suckadicki & The Fag - Fuck the not wishing ill on anybody. I really hope you die, you son of a bitch. Your mother should've killed you the minute you came out. NOONE so pathetic deserves to live.

Fuck the rules - this amount of disrespect is worth perma-bannings.

Die!

Comment

Working...