Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

I purchased a 2012 Rhino records re-release of Chicago's "if you leave me now.. And other hits" for $5. I thought what the hell, for that price I can't go wrong. But turns out I was totally wrong. WTF is wrong with the sound? It's compressed, dry, ear splitting. I have mp3s on my iPod of the same songs, re-mastered in 2003 that sound 10 times better. I blame this on Rhino and more importantly this bullshit Loudness wars. What an affront to recorded music. After a few disappointments I am forever leery of buying any "re-master." Time to hit up the local used record stores and give the finger to the record industry.

Let's all do it together

Comment

• fourthcoming

I think the best CD remaster I have ever heard is Sinatra: Nothing But The Best......came out in 2008 on Reprise.....the best sounding CD I have ever heard. Loud but crisp, clean and absolutely not too loud where it distorts. Perfect re-master of a great collection of songs.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Hey now, no teasing.... Wok and Woll aside, those boys could fukkin' rock....
        They played here on The Island a few months back.....seriously, they rock.

Comment

• Yount
          Commando
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Thought this was going to be a Loudness thread...
          same same (what a letdown)
          Last edited by Yount; 05-22-2012, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...