Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If the Ozzy Xmas album is going to be a bunch of shit like THIS, then they shouldn't even bother!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      There is an article in this month Rolling Stone. I just blew through it but is said that Gus G. basically was brought in and just played over tracks for the new album and had nothing to do with any of the song writing. That's not stepping up. That's lets get the mother fucker out so we can your this summer. It also said he was doing an 18 month tour. The longest he had ecer done... Um Why?
      Funny you should mention this, as I just finished the article on my lunch break. As you said, the guitarist simply walked in and put down some tracks without contributing to the writing of the material. Since the producer (Kevin Churko) co-wrote the material with Ozzy, this really seems to be a strange way of working.

It seems the lengthy tour is designed to coincide with the release of all of this "product" coming out over the next two years. You really have to wonder if this is all part of Sharon's idea of financing the Osbourne family retirement fund.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Co-wrote with Ozzy ??

Yeah riight...

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Co-wrote with Ozzy ??

Yeah riight...
          I'm merely pointing out what was said in the promotional clip offered. Then again, you were the guy offering a belief that Sharon Osbourne has an altruistic heart: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...=1#post1458873

You simply can not pick and choose which part of this mess you care to be cynical about.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• tojoro
            Head Fluffer
            • Dec 2009

Like most bands I used to love, I have very little interest in anything new Ozzy may have to offer. He's changed band members too many times, and in a case like that, you lose the dynamic. It's just become a succession of hired players & songwriters who have a set template in which to work their trade.
            Folks chuckle at AC/DC, as all of their material sounds the same. While that may be true, the dynamic is there because it's still all the same guys. We believe in AC/DC more, because we believe they're all mates, a gang, an actual group.
            That's not the case with Ozzy. There's no 'Band of Brothers' vibe. His music sounds corporate and contrived because the band members are employees. Zakk had the longest tenure of anyone who ever played for Oz, and after 22 years, he found out he was out of a job by word of mouth. He says they're friends now, everything is all good, etc., but he was pretty livid last summer, and with good reason.
            Though I liked the gritty, underground feel of Ozzmosis, Ozzy should have stayed retired after No More Tears. There were some good moments on the two Zakk albums, but, it was getting to be too by the numbers. Daisley was still writing the lyrics and music and playing bass on the albums, but it was becoming half hearted. It's too bad Ozzy never took him out on tour after Bark at The Moon, but, I guess Bob didn't have the MTV image they were looking for.
            Of all the hard rock/ metal acts I loved back in the days of my youth, I held Ozzy in the highest regard. It is heartbreaking to see what he's become, and it's very disappointing to hear what has happened to his music.
            $haron used to be a smart businesswoman, but it's hard to respect her. 'Nuff said on the Blizzard/Diary debacle, but it is even more curious as to why they would choose to delete Speak of the Devil and The Ultimate Sin from their catalogue. I would guess US has to do with Phil Soussan and the Shot In The Dark single...is it because Ozzy has to share credit with someone? Is it really that hard for them to part with money?
            I've never read anywhere what the issue is with SOTD. I don't know if it's writing royalties issues with Tony, Geezer and Bill, or if it's the performance royalties with Brad, Rudy, Tommy and Don. He claims he hates the album now, but Ozzy touted that as a great live album back in '82...better than Sabbath's own Live Evil with Ronnie, released at the same time.
            It's just very strange why Sharon would choose to mar one part of Ozzy's legacy, and pretend other parts of it never existed. It's just bad business, period. The only excuses I can come up with are money and/or spite.
            It would explain why there is no single collection of all of the promo vids he's done over the years, and why his box set was so lopsided and full of filler. A lot of lost potential there, but again, I believe it comes to paying out cash. In the 30 years Ozzy has been solo, he has managed 10 studio albums and 5 live. There are a total of 28 people who are credited with playing on those albums!
            7 guitar, 8 bass, 6 drums and 7 on keys. I am including the Scream album and it's personnel in those totals, but am not counting folks who played with Ozzy live only, like Bernie Torme, Carmine Appice or Jason Newstead.
            Of all of these people, I've heard Don Airey and Zakk Wylde have nice things to say about the time they spent with Ozzy and Sharon. The rest are mute. I would imagine, upon departure from Ozzy, Inc., whether you were fired or leaving for greener pastures, there's probably a good chance you're signing something stating you will have nothing but good things to say about your time spent with us, or you will suffer.
            Sharon has managed to build up quite an empire for her husband, but he is King of nothing. He has no friends, isn't remembered well by his peers and colleagues and is viewed as a washed-up, burned-out buffoon by the public in general.
            I am glad it appears Sharon is righting the wrong of BOO & DOAM, but I'm going to wait until Thanksgiving to hear how they turn out before I start doing backflips. Naturally, she'll get my cash, but unlike most of the fanboys who are suddenly singing her praises and lining up to lick her boots, she won't get my thanks.
            Why should I thank her for fixing something that should have been left alone in the first place?
            All of this makes Ed look sort of silly if his only reason for not doing a vault purge is a royalty issue. He's only gotta split the cake with two guys that aren't related to him, and one is already on the payroll.
            Last edited by tojoro; 05-22-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

When is this stuff coming out ?? Anyone. I want that dvd of Randy bad.

Comment

• BruinJer
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

I heard November
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At this point I think it is entirely justified to download anything from these people.

I've bought the albums at least once usually twice and paid my ticket money to shows, t-shirts and so on. Hell I've paid subscription to MTV.

No more.

In fact the more money that woman makes the worse she gets.

If you need Ozzy music I urge you to get a free download of 'utorrent' and then download the link below.

Comment

• Doctor Dude
                    Groupie
                    • Oct 2009

You paid a subscription to MTV?

Are you mad?

Comment

• tojoro
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Dec 2009

There was allegedly supposed to be an announcement in the August issue of Guitar World, which hit newsstands earlier this month, which turned out to be a small blurb within a sidebar, mentioning the remasters and the Holiday season.
                      Bob maintains he has yet to be contacted.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Doctor Dude
                        You paid a subscription to MTV?

Are you mad?
                        Well it was part of a cable package I had at the time of the Osbournes so close enough...

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I suppose I'll pick these remasters up in the end, mostly for the RR footage/dvd more than anything else, seeing as that RR documentary that has been several years in the making doesn't seem to be nearing a release date anytime soon.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Yes. I will also. Sad thing is, when I saw Ozzy with Randy, I consciously decided NOT to bring a tape recorder, as for once I just wanted to enjoy the show.

Big mistake on my part.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Yes. I will also. Sad thing is, when I saw Ozzy with Randy, I consciously decided NOT to bring a tape recorder, as for once I just wanted to enjoy the show.

Big mistake on my part.

Comment

Working...