Thread: $haron finally smartens up?!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    A remastered SOTD should be included as well...
    We'll more than likely see that right after he gets around to re-releasing Ultimate Sin, or when hell freezes over, whichever comes first.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A remastered SOTD should be included as well...

Nah, I'd like to see that album get it's own upgrade, and repackage it with a legit release of the video from the Gillis leg of that tour. But not mixed with the Randy stuff. That era should stand on its own.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeah, I agree with that...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Nah, I'd like to see that album get it's own upgrade, and repackage it with a legit release of the video from the Gillis leg of that tour. But not mixed with the Randy stuff. That era should stand on its own.
    I read they were releasing the Gillis show on DVD... I'll try to find the article.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    I read they were releasing the Gillis show on DVD... I'll try to find the article.
    That's great news, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen boots of this show, and apparently they were transferred over from VHS, so the image was really cloudy and crummy. If I'm not mistaken, this is the show that was presented on MTV long ago.

Blizzard Of Ozz: Diary Of A Madman Tour 1982

Tracklisting:

* 'Over The Mountain'
    * 'Mr. Crowley'
    * 'Crazy Train'
    * 'Revelation (Mother Earth)'
    * 'Steal Away'
    * 'Suicide Solution'
    * 'Goodbye to Romance'
    * 'I Don't Know'
    * 'Believer'
    * 'Flying High Again'
    * 'Children Of The Grave'
    * 'Paranoid'

The line-up: Brad Gillis (guitar), Rudi Sarzo (bass), Don Airey (keyboards) and Tommy Aldridge (drums).
    Last edited by chefcraig; 05-20-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looks like this is gonna be a great year for "classic" Live DVD's.

Ozzy w/Rhoads and w/Gillis. The Stones "Ladies and Gentlemen" probably just in time for Xmas.
    Eddie, open the goddamn vaults already!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Sharon isn't so bad after all...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think Sharon had any grand plan all along concerning the elimination of Kerslake and Daisley...certainly nothing strategic in thinking "I'll wipe them off the 2002 reissues, then by 2010 people will be lining up in the streets to buy new reissues with the Daisley and Kerslake performances restored."

It was just a shortsighted attempt to try and somehow screw Daisley and Kerslake out of a few bucks. I mean, thank fuck I held onto the 1990's cd versions of Blizzard and Diary: never heard the dubbed reissue versions, and don't want to.

There really is a dearth of RR footage out there...not a helluva a lotta audio stuff, either. Like, have heard a few Ozzy solo live boots when RR was still alive, but some of them were amateur audience recordings where the sound was so abysmal it was barely worth even hearing.

Should be worth checking out the Blizzard and Diary reissues (although I'm wondering just how many times a given band can repackage the same old shit, tweak it with extras, and expect it to sell), if only for the RR footage.

Yeah, ELVIS is right...they might as well reissue SOTD while they're at it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Riiiight...after all, I'm sure even Hitler had a dog that loved him.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    That's great news, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen boots of this show, and apparently they were transferred over from VHS, so the image was really cloudy and crummy. If I'm not mistaken, this is the show that was presented on MTV long ago.

Blizzard Of Ozz: Diary Of A Madman Tour 1982

Tracklisting:

* 'Over The Mountain'
    * 'Mr. Crowley'
    * 'Crazy Train'
    * 'Revelation (Mother Earth)'
    * 'Steal Away'
    * 'Suicide Solution'
    * 'Goodbye to Romance'
    * 'I Don't Know'
    * 'Believer'
    * 'Flying High Again'
    * 'Children Of The Grave'
    * 'Paranoid'

The line-up: Brad Gillis (guitar), Rudi Sarzo (bass), Don Airey (keyboards) and Tommy Aldridge (drums).
    I have this on dvd (via torrent). Not a bad copy. I actually saw this tour waaay back. I thought Gillis did a fine job cuntsidering the amount of time he had to get Randys material down...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Like, 3 days?

I saw this when it was on MTV the first time. Sure Brad Gillis is a capable guitarist, but I had seen Randy with Ozzy only a month before he died, so I pretty much hated that video concert.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Riiiight...after all, I'm sure even Hitler had a dog that loved him.
    Oh fuck Chef, that was good..
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not so fast E... I don't know if it's been mentioned in here but she's making Ozzy release a Christmas CD (Black Christmas)... I'm assuming it's a Christmas CD and there's to be an accompanying TV special to go with it.
    Now you won't find many people who love Christmas music as much as I do, but I don't like the sounds of this... it stinks like Sharon (p.u.) and I don't think Ozzy wants anything to do with it... much like that aborted variety show they did for FOX.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not so fast E... I don't know if it's been mentioned in here but she's making Ozzy release a Christmas CD (Black Christmas)... I'm assuming it's a Christmas CD and there's to be an accompanying TV special to go with it.
    Now you won't find many people who love Christmas music as much as I do, but I don't like the sounds of this... it stinks like Sharon (p.u.) and I don't think Ozzy wants anything to do with it... much like that aborted variety show they did for FOX.

Ask Sharon!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    When a metal musician is being lined up to release a Christmas album, well, I would say they are grasping at straws. Funny thing is, I think Halford is doing a Christmas CD as well.

I prefer this song to any other (about Christmas):
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbTULjLtKP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbTULjLtKP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Halford Christmas album came out late last year. LINK A handful of the tunes appeared at Youtube, but were removed almost immediately. The thing that is odd being he was giving the tracks away for free at his website, so I didn't follow the logic at the time, and still don't.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heh....I forgot that it came out last year. I did not care enough to bother remembering about it, lol.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Halford Christmas album came out late last year.
    I love the Halford Christmas cd... The difference is that Halford wanted to do this... he knew this CD wouldn't be some kind of platinum mega-seller and that lot of his fan base would dismiss it, but this was something in his heart he wanted to do and he did it and I like it quite a bit. It wasn't a straw grasping publicity stunt... if that's what he was after I'm sure it would have been a Judas Priest Christmas CD. What Ozzy... or I should say Sharon is doing is a gimmicky cash grab and it appears she is forcing Ozzy to do this. Kinda sad. I would think that after the success of Heaven and Hell, Ozzy would be trying to raise his bar and try to reclaim some of his legitimacy and legacy instead of this kind of Sharon driven horseshit that has led his fan base to call for his retirement and for Sharon's head.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Exclamation

I love the Halford Christmas cd... The difference is that Halford wanted to do this... he knew this CD wouldn't be some kind of platinum mega-seller and that lot of his fan base would dismiss it, but this was something in his heart he wanted to do and he did it and I like it quite a bit. It wasn't a straw grasping publicity stunt... if that's what he was after I'm sure it would have been a Judas Priest Christmas CD. What Ozzy... or I should say Sharon is doing is a gimmicky cash grab and it appears she is forcing Ozzy to do this. Kinda sad. I would think that after the success of Heaven and Hell, Ozzy would be trying to raise his bar and try to reclaim some of his legitimacy and legacy instead of this kind of Sharon driven horseshit that has led his fan base to call for his retirement and for Sharon's head.
    There is an article in this month Rolling Stone. I just blew through it but is said that Gus G. basically was brought in and just played over tracks for the new album and had nothing to do with any of the song writing. That's not stepping up. That's lets get the mother fucker out so we can your this summer. It also said he was doing an 18 month tour. The longest he had ecer done... Um Why?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If the Ozzy Xmas album is going to be a bunch of shit like THIS, then they shouldn't even bother!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    There is an article in this month Rolling Stone. I just blew through it but is said that Gus G. basically was brought in and just played over tracks for the new album and had nothing to do with any of the song writing. That's not stepping up. That's lets get the mother fucker out so we can your this summer. It also said he was doing an 18 month tour. The longest he had ecer done... Um Why?
    Funny you should mention this, as I just finished the article on my lunch break. As you said, the guitarist simply walked in and put down some tracks without contributing to the writing of the material. Since the producer (Kevin Churko) co-wrote the material with Ozzy, this really seems to be a strange way of working.

It seems the lengthy tour is designed to coincide with the release of all of this "product" coming out over the next two years. You really have to wonder if this is all part of Sharon's idea of financing the Osbourne family retirement fund.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Co-wrote with Ozzy ??

Yeah riight...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Co-wrote with Ozzy ??

Yeah riight...
    I'm merely pointing out what was said in the promotional clip offered. Then again, you were the guy offering a belief that Sharon Osbourne has an altruistic heart: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...=1#post1458873

You simply can not pick and choose which part of this mess you care to be cynical about.

Oakland '81...WTF?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like most bands I used to love, I have very little interest in anything new Ozzy may have to offer. He's changed band members too many times, and in a case like that, you lose the dynamic. It's just become a succession of hired players & songwriters who have a set template in which to work their trade.
    Folks chuckle at AC/DC, as all of their material sounds the same. While that may be true, the dynamic is there because it's still all the same guys. We believe in AC/DC more, because we believe they're all mates, a gang, an actual group.
    That's not the case with Ozzy. There's no 'Band of Brothers' vibe. His music sounds corporate and contrived because the band members are employees. Zakk had the longest tenure of anyone who ever played for Oz, and after 22 years, he found out he was out of a job by word of mouth. He says they're friends now, everything is all good, etc., but he was pretty livid last summer, and with good reason.
    Though I liked the gritty, underground feel of Ozzmosis, Ozzy should have stayed retired after No More Tears. There were some good moments on the two Zakk albums, but, it was getting to be too by the numbers. Daisley was still writing the lyrics and music and playing bass on the albums, but it was becoming half hearted. It's too bad Ozzy never took him out on tour after Bark at The Moon, but, I guess Bob didn't have the MTV image they were looking for.
    Of all the hard rock/ metal acts I loved back in the days of my youth, I held Ozzy in the highest regard. It is heartbreaking to see what he's become, and it's very disappointing to hear what has happened to his music.
    $haron used to be a smart businesswoman, but it's hard to respect her. 'Nuff said on the Blizzard/Diary debacle, but it is even more curious as to why they would choose to delete Speak of the Devil and The Ultimate Sin from their catalogue. I would guess US has to do with Phil Soussan and the Shot In The Dark single...is it because Ozzy has to share credit with someone? Is it really that hard for them to part with money?
    I've never read anywhere what the issue is with SOTD. I don't know if it's writing royalties issues with Tony, Geezer and Bill, or if it's the performance royalties with Brad, Rudy, Tommy and Don. He claims he hates the album now, but Ozzy touted that as a great live album back in '82...better than Sabbath's own Live Evil with Ronnie, released at the same time.
    It's just very strange why Sharon would choose to mar one part of Ozzy's legacy, and pretend other parts of it never existed. It's just bad business, period. The only excuses I can come up with are money and/or spite.
    It would explain why there is no single collection of all of the promo vids he's done over the years, and why his box set was so lopsided and full of filler. A lot of lost potential there, but again, I believe it comes to paying out cash. In the 30 years Ozzy has been solo, he has managed 10 studio albums and 5 live. There are a total of 28 people who are credited with playing on those albums!
    7 guitar, 8 bass, 6 drums and 7 on keys. I am including the Scream album and it's personnel in those totals, but am not counting folks who played with Ozzy live only, like Bernie Torme, Carmine Appice or Jason Newstead.
    Of all of these people, I've heard Don Airey and Zakk Wylde have nice things to say about the time they spent with Ozzy and Sharon. The rest are mute. I would imagine, upon departure from Ozzy, Inc., whether you were fired or leaving for greener pastures, there's probably a good chance you're signing something stating you will have nothing but good things to say about your time spent with us, or you will suffer.
    Sharon has managed to build up quite an empire for her husband, but he is King of nothing. He has no friends, isn't remembered well by his peers and colleagues and is viewed as a washed-up, burned-out buffoon by the public in general.
    I am glad it appears Sharon is righting the wrong of BOO & DOAM, but I'm going to wait until Thanksgiving to hear how they turn out before I start doing backflips. Naturally, she'll get my cash, but unlike most of the fanboys who are suddenly singing her praises and lining up to lick her boots, she won't get my thanks.
    Why should I thank her for fixing something that should have been left alone in the first place?
    All of this makes Ed look sort of silly if his only reason for not doing a vault purge is a royalty issue. He's only gotta split the cake with two guys that aren't related to him, and one is already on the payroll.
    Last edited by tojoro; 05-22-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    When is this stuff coming out ?? Anyone. I want that dvd of Randy bad.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard November

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At this point I think it is entirely justified to download anything from these people.

I've bought the albums at least once usually twice and paid my ticket money to shows, t-shirts and so on. Hell I've paid subscription to MTV.

No more.

In fact the more money that woman makes the worse she gets.

If you need Ozzy music I urge you to get a free download of 'utorrent' and then download the link below.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5162...P3_not_FLAC%29

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You paid a subscription to MTV?

Are you mad?

Oakland '81...WTF?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There was allegedly supposed to be an announcement in the August issue of Guitar World, which hit newsstands earlier this month, which turned out to be a small blurb within a sidebar, mentioning the remasters and the Holiday season.
    Bob maintains he has yet to be contacted.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Dude View Post
    You paid a subscription to MTV?

Are you mad?
    Well it was part of a cable package I had at the time of the Osbournes so close enough...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I suppose I'll pick these remasters up in the end, mostly for the RR footage/dvd more than anything else, seeing as that RR documentary that has been several years in the making doesn't seem to be nearing a release date anytime soon.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes. I will also. Sad thing is, when I saw Ozzy with Randy, I consciously decided NOT to bring a tape recorder, as for once I just wanted to enjoy the show.

Big mistake on my part.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes. I will also. Sad thing is, when I saw Ozzy with Randy, I consciously decided NOT to bring a tape recorder, as for once I just wanted to enjoy the show.

Big mistake on my part.

Thread Information