Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far can you shove a foot in your mouth Rand Paul?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

How far can you shove a foot in your mouth Rand Paul?

MAJOR UPDATES: Rand Paul has responded to the controversy over his appearance on Maddow's show. Click here for the latest.

Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul believes that the federal government blurred the lines between public and private property when it passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and made it illegal for private businesses to discriminate on the basis of race.

Paul explained his views on "The Rachel Maddow Show" Wednesday, just one day after wholloping his opponent in Kentucky's Republican primary.

Maddow focused on the Tea Party-backed candidate's civil rights stance after he publicly criticized parts of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Paul told Maddow that he agrees with most parts of the Civil Rights Act, except for one (Title II), that made it a crime for private businesses to discriminate against customers on the basis of race. Paul explained that had he been in office during debate of bill, he would have tried to change the legislation. He said that it stifled first amendment rights:
    Maddow: Do you think that a private business has a right to say that 'We don't serve black people?'

Paul: I'm not in favor of any discrimination of any form. I would never belong to any club that excluded anybody for race. We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race. Butdo discriminate.

But I think what's important in this debate is not getting into any specific "gotcha" on this, but asking the question 'What about freedom of speech?' Should we limit speech from people we find abhorrent. Should we limit racists from speaking. I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that's one of the things that freedom requires is that
    we allow people to be boorish and uncivilized, but that doesn't mean we approve of it...

Story continues below

Paul argued that Maddow's questions weren't practical, but were instead abstract. She asked Paul to tell that to protesters who were beaten in their struggle for equal rights:
    Maddow:... Howabout desegregating lunch counters?
    Paul: Well what it gets into then is if you decide that restaurants are publicly owned and not privately owned, then do you say that you should have the right to bring your gun into a restaurant even though the owner of the restaurant says 'well no, we don't want to have guns in here' the bar says 'we don't want to have guns in here because people might drink and start fighting and shoot each-other.' Does the owner of the restaurant own his restaurant? Or does the government own his restaurant? These are important philosophical debates but not a very practical discussion...

Maddow: Well, it was pretty practical to the people who had the life nearly beaten out of them trying to desegregate Walgreen's lunch counters despite these esoteric debates about what it means about ownership. This is not a hypothetical Dr. Paul.

Paul will face Democratic Senate candidate and Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway in the general election to replace Republican Sen. Jim Bunning on November 2, 2010.

WATCH: Maddow interviews Paul
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_582872.html
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    some real credit to Maddow for having him on in the first place, a good portion of the time, MSNBC often times doesn't have people from the right and simply has some from the left that they agree with on a matter (Olbermann is notorious for this).

That being said, it's rather idiotic on two fronts.

a.) You should be allowed to do purchase a goods or service regardless of your skin color, and the owner should go fuck himself if he thinks otherwise.

b.) IT'S A TERRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE. Seriously, if you're that freaking dumb and biggotted as a business owner to say "I don't want your money, because I don't like you", than you will be out of business rather quickly.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't even know why he's talking about the Civil Rights Act. He needs to be talking about how Obama hasn't kept any of his promises including socialized healthcare. He's a MD and should point out what a scam the new healthcare law is. He also needs to be pointing out the banking abuses and how important it is to audit the Federal Reserve bank.

I don't care what your color or party preference is, the banks and corporations are screwing everyone except for the connected rich and it will kill our country. The Civil Rights Act was almost a half century ago. This is the 21st Century so let's talk about the problems at hand. Nobody will have any civil rights the way this country is going.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is Rand Paul one of them thar queers ???

He looks funny...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kinda looks like Oswald...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He actually looks more like Oswald than he does Ron Paul. His Wiki bio says he was born in January 1963, but he was actually born in PA, not Texas. So you would have to figure out how to place LHO in Pennsylvania in the spring of 1962..........
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course he also bears a slight resemblance to CNN anchor Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper.....

Cooper admittedly spent a summer in some sort of "CIA boot camp" but supposedly his association with them ended after that.

And of course Oswald is connected to one of the CIA's more infamous actions.

Coincidence?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Is Rand Paul one of them thar queers ???

He looks funny...

He's a medical doctor. I'm not sure I would want him touching my balls or sticking his finger up my ass during an exam. He looks like he would enjoy it too much.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post

b.) IT'S A TERRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE. Seriously, if you're that freaking dumb and biggotted as a business owner to say "I don't want your money, because I don't like you", than you will be out of business rather quickly.

I agree it is bad business. Money is the same regardless of the color of the person paying it to you. But I'm not sure we need the government regulating what private owners can or can not do. I don't want them telling restaurants what they can cook with. I don't want them telling private all boy or all girl schools that they must become coed.

I don't think businesses should not serve someone due to their color, but it would be hypocritical of us to say we want the govt. regulating that and not the other things I mentioned. Sticky subject for sure.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look who's raising funds for little Randy now.....

VOTE RIGHT, VOTE WHITE !! RAND PAUL 2010

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Look who's raising funds for little Randy now.....

VOTE RIGHT, VOTE WHITE !! RAND PAUL 2010
    I actually thought Ron Paul had some valid points, but with this business with his kid and the continual Stormfront/White Supremacist connections....No. Go away, crazy racist "Libertarians".

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The political correctness that has infiltrated education, the workplace, and the media has made people too quick to call a person racist. If Rand Paul was a real racist he would want to get rid of the whole Civil Rights Act all together. This whole race thing is being used by the very small group who own most the media outlets to further their big government agenda and it's worked. Karl Marx is dancing because the US Government has taken over the insurance industry, most of the auto industry, the healthcare industry, the banking industry and never had to fire a shot to do it. Is this going to make things better? I hear people complain all the time how things have gone to shit and how things were better in the past.

One reason things have gone to shit was bad things were done in the illusion of doing something good. Things have swung too far to the other side to where saving one so called right is opening the door to many more rights being taken away by a huge government that had taken over everything and only answers to a few elite people. Where does the regulation stop? This is where we need to be careful so George Orwell doesn't ride in on a white horse claiming to make a perfect world.

This is what Rand Paul was getting at and saying he's a racist because he disagrees with one point in a civil rights law is stupid.

We have to be very wary of the media. The media killed Howard Dean's campaign over a simple energetic scream. That was blown way out of proportion and the next day it was all over the media how nuts Dean was. Obviously, the elites didn't like Howard Dean and wanted to get rid of him but they liked Barrack Obama and put billions of dollars behind his campaign. Interesting for a candidate nobody knew much about and came from nowhere basically. Follow the money, it's what has bought this country and labeling people as a racist is one of their primary tools. We need to be careful.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was actually called a racist for saying the majority of black people aren't going to go anywhere no matter how many special programs there are to help them out when 77% of black men knock up women and then abandon them and the child they made with her. No race of people will go anywhere on that program. That's ghetto seed right there and take away the welfare and they would kill and loot each other even more. It's not a race thing as it is so much a group of people failing to be responsible for their actions and then enabling their failure which welfare does. Basically the mass majority of these people got a hard earned civil rights act and pissed all over the opportunities it gave. White people are pissing on themselves as well. If the Mexicans ever decide to educate themselves they may just take us all over because they work hard. Of course the Asians are the big winners because they work hard and educate themselves.

A friend of mine in Los Angeles said the Asians have moved in and are climbing the ladder. The black people for the most part still live in the inner city areas with more Latinos moving in on their turf. They blame it all on the white man and cry that they are discriminated against when in fact they get many special programs a white person is excluded from. You can use 100 octane fuel and a supercharger but when the engine itself is broken, the car goes nowhere. This is the problem and nobody wants to admit it. That being said the black people that pulled themselves out of the rut and are good members of society are the smart ones and for the most part their kids and grandkids won't be stuck in the same blame the white man and cry racism slump.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I was actually called a racist for saying the majority of black people aren't going to go anywhere no matter how many special programs there are to help them out when 77% of black men knock up women and then abandon them and the child they made with her. No race of people will go anywhere on that program. That's ghetto seed right there and take away the welfare and they would kill and loot each other even more. It's not a race thing as it is so much a group of people failing to be responsible for their actions and then enabling their failure which welfare does. Basically the mass majority of these people got a hard earned civil rights act and pissed all over the opportunities it gave. White people are pissing on themselves as well. If the Mexicans ever decide to educate themselves they may just take us all over because they work hard. Of course the Asians are the big winners because they work hard and educate themselves.

A friend of mine in Los Angeles said the Asians have moved in and are climbing the ladder. The black people for the most part still live in the inner city areas with more Latinos moving in on their turf. They blame it all on the white man and cry that they are discriminated against when in fact they get many special programs a white person is excluded from. You can use 100 octane fuel and a supercharger but when the engine itself is broken, the car goes nowhere. This is the problem and nobody wants to admit it. That being said the black people that pulled themselves out of the rut and are good members of society are the smart ones and for the most part their kids and grandkids won't be stuck in the same blame the white man and cry racism slump.
    That is one kick ass post.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was actually called a racist for saying the majority of black people aren't going to go anywhere no matter how many special programs there are to help them out

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gee, Nyquil - curious, do you actually know any black people in LA? Or Asians, or Latinos?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not in LA but I used to live in New York City so please don't infer I'm Bubba from Wyoming who has never seen a black person. Last time I was in LA, white people seemed to be becoming a minority and I was staying in so called white ass, conservative Irvine.

The thing is this. The US is on the fast course of being taken over by the American/European banking elite who are on the Federal Reserve board. We need to audit the Federal Reserve bank, find out where our money went and throw the criminals in jail. If this is not done, if it's business as usual, we won't have a country anymore or a country in economic/social chaos which they will then exploit and anything Martin Luther King and the civil rights act accomplished will go out the window.

I don't see civil right right now being the big problem, the future of the US economy and who owns it is. We have a banking monopoly that has bought our government and it has it's own agenda and monopolies aren't usually very concerned with individual rights. Since you bring Los Angeles up it's broke as well as the state it resides in. Pretty sad since not too long ago, California was the 7th largest economy in the world. It's been taken down and will be broken up and bought up cheap by corporations and foreigners who will screw everyone equally.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is the most valuable asset in California? Water and agricultural land. When the economic conditions break the little people who own these and the big guys come in and buy it up cheap, they have plenty of Mexicans there to work their plantations. It will become like Mexico. A few owning everything with lot's of cheap available labor. The people who all this will enjoy the spoils of Malibu. The small business owner will be crushed by taxes, regulations, and no financing available to them.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not in LA but I used to live in New York City so please don't infer I'm Bubba from Wyoming who has never seen a black person. Last time I was in LA, white people seemed to be becoming a minority and I was staying in so called white ass, conservative Irvine.
    Irvine is ching-chong-ville! Irvine sucks!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wasn't imply you were, but to defend Rand Paul's statement...pretty dumb. NO ONE should be able to discriminate, and YES the government should enforce that. Agree it'd likely be suicidal for a business to attempt it in this day and age, but it's still wrong to even postulate they should be able to, especially based on race.

But your blanket-statement comment made me wonder for a second if I worked in the only upwardly mobile ethnically diverse company in LA...

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is the most valuable asset in California? Water and agricultural land. When the economic conditions break the little people who own these and the big guys come in and buy it up cheap, they have plenty of Mexicans there to work their plantations. It will become like Mexico. A few owning everything with lot's of cheap available labor. The people who all this will enjoy the spoils of Malibu. The small business owner will be crushed by taxes, regulations, and no financing available to them.
    California will become like Mexico? You've been away a long time, holmes!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    ching-chong-ville!
    Oh, FFS.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post

But your blanket-statement comment made me wonder for a second if I worked in the only upwardly mobile ethnically diverse company in LA...
    Maybe the only one in the country.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Western civilization is falling my friends. I believe it all started going downhill when this shit started to happen in the 70's.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gR9u9efiNvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gR9u9efiNvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Maybe the only one in the country.
    DOUBT that...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Irvine is ching-chong-ville! Irvine sucks!
    It certainly isn't Cheech and Chongville. Lot's of snobs and no weed to be found.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was on Nitro's side until he started blaming the Bradys

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    California will become like Mexico? You've been away a long time, holmes!
    California is broke, full of Mexicans, and Sammy Hagar lives there. It's Mexico. You may not want to admit it but it's home to Sammy Hagar and you never will be a first rate area with those kind of problems.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It certainly isn't Cheech and Chongville. Lot's of snobs and no weed to be found.
    Drive 5 minutes north of Irvine and you'll find all the Cheech and Chongs you want! Of course, they'll be cutting the grass instead of smoking it!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was on Nitro's side until he started blaming the Bradys
    Those assholes and Sammy Hagar.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    California is broke, full of Mexicans, and Sammy Hagar lives there. It's Mexico. You may not want to admit it but it's home to Sammy Hagar and you never will be a first rate area with those kind of problems.
    I have a hard time arguing with this.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Drive 5 minutes north of Irvine and you'll find all the Cheech and Chongs you want! Of course, they'll be cutting the grass instead of smoking it!
    Cheech and Chong were too lazy to push a lawnmower. They just lived in a dive and schemed about how to get free weed. They were too dumb to grow it. How they managed to get laid and find any weed is a true miracle. Jesus loved them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know it's hit rock bottom when Sacramento renames the state Cabowaboville which it is on the fast track to becoming unless Sammy Hagar is arrested and deported.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You may not want to admit it but it's home to Sammy Hagar and you never will be a first rate area with those kind of problems.
    Not only that, but whenever the simpleton decides to BBQ in his backyard, the entire neighborhood is subjected to his "entertainment" of yet another solo rendering of "Eagles Fly". Talk about a sure-fired way to lower property values.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Lazy movie making millionares

Cheech and Chong were too lazy to push a lawnmower. They just lived in a dive and schemed about how to get free weed. They were too dumb to grow it. How they managed to get laid and find any weed is a true miracle. Jesus loved them.
    Confusing fiction with reality again...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I stopped in Barstow for a burger and to take a piss. One quick look at the place and I knew Sammy Hagar was running things in that town. The essence reeked of him.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DOUBT that...
    I am guessing you live and work in California. Your states population is 76.6% white ,6.7% black, 12% Asian, 36% Hispanic. Catfish is right.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Confusing fiction with reality again...
    There's reality in California?

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love how this thread now encompasses both Obama and Hagar: two absolute impostors who somehow managed to make it big and have no idea what they're doing!

Thread Information